This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Class as a whole is in the worst shape right now?

#31LootmanPosted 1/26/2014 4:54:33 PM
Warrior, damn we need buffs.
---
\(._.)/ Hi, my name is Lootman!
._.)/ http://i.imgur.com/KyOOLwU.jpg
#32jkongamer33Posted 1/26/2014 7:06:31 PM
Voted Rogue. They seem to be okay in both PvP and PvE, but I know their numbers have been consistently falling off for years now, so there's got to be something about them.
---
Cortana: Got an escape plan?
Master Chief: Thought I'd try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little.
#33gamefaqwatcherPosted 1/26/2014 9:35:44 PM
Just because a hunter doesn't have a raid CD you shouldn't avoid having them. Their personal abilities are amazing. Deterrence, disengage, uninteruptable casts, feign death and move while casting. They were pretty useful early progression this patch. Iron jug they can soak a mine with deterrance, passively soak iron tomb, maintain rotation on malkorok, ignore aoe on thok, feign death fixate (although it shouldn't be used), use disengage to cycle conveyor belt adds on seigecrafter, heroic paragons is like malkorok with maintaining rotation (hurl amber, rapid fire), and then there's garrosh which i have no comment on yet. They also have high burst and a cdr trinket this patch.

I'd pick ret pally. If you have only one melee position in a 10man roster would you bring one over the other melee classes?
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#34SparksfanboyPosted 1/27/2014 1:08:00 AM
Druids. They have to put in 500% effort for 90% payoff.
---
If aliens forced you to play the X box One, what would you do?
#35Black_Mage_MeeePosted 1/27/2014 2:18:18 AM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
Just because a hunter doesn't have a raid CD you shouldn't avoid having them. Their personal abilities are amazing. Deterrence, disengage, uninteruptable casts, feign death and move while casting. They were pretty useful early progression this patch. Iron jug they can soak a mine with deterrance, passively soak iron tomb, maintain rotation on malkorok, ignore aoe on thok, feign death fixate (although it shouldn't be used), use disengage to cycle conveyor belt adds on seigecrafter, heroic paragons is like malkorok with maintaining rotation (hurl amber, rapid fire), and then there's garrosh which i have no comment on yet. They also have high burst and a cdr trinket this patch.

I'd pick ret pally. If you have only one melee position in a 10man roster would you bring one over the other melee classes?

Just pointing out, on juggernaut mines deterrence "only" works as a 50% reduction cd so you need to be topped and healed up (or healthstone) right after soak or you're likely to die to raid damage. There are better classes for that.
Soaking with disengage on the other hand....
---
~Kweh
#36pengalorPosted 1/27/2014 3:25:34 AM
nickizgr8 posted...
I left Hunters out as they seem to be in a pretty good position. Good raid utility and good DPS in all 3 specs.

Just post if you thing hunters are the worse off.

I...wat. I hope you're trolling, hunters are pretty bad off right now. Only saved by stupid bandaid fixes to Aspect of the Hawk.
---
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Pengalor/sig_2copy.jpg
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Pengalor/advanced
#37pengalorPosted 1/27/2014 3:49:24 AM
OmniNakago posted...
PhrenzZephyr posted...
Access to all of them, but can only use one at a time anyway. So you can just replace them with any other class that brings that buff, and then not only have that buff but also get the raid CD that that class has, to boot.

I didn't realize you couldn't switch pets after combat has started.

Hunters bring a raid buff + Bloodlust + battle rez (multiple casts) in one fight.

Aren't they literally the only class without a unique raid CD?

Hunters, Mages, and Warlocks are the only classes that don't have unique raid cooldowns, but out of those, Hunters bring the most to the table in terms of utility.

I don't even main a hunter, but this is just basic information here. @.@

It's pretty obvious you've never raided as a hunter because switching in combat is awful. It was bad before but then they nerfed Dismiss Pet to be 3 seconds. Then there's the obligatory 1-1.5 seconds as you wait for your pet to fully disappear before trying to summon the next one (otherwise you get the "You already have a pet" error and nothing happens. So all in all, that's 6 secs of dismissing the pet, around 2-3 seconds of waiting for it to fully disappear, plus the time to actually cast the ability (BL isn't too bad but for our Brez the beast itself has to be within 20 yards of whoever you're rezzing which, for a ranged trying to juggle controlling a pet, dismissing your other one and getting to melee to actually be in range, it's not fun). So all in all you're looking at at least 8 seconds of DPS loss if everything is executed absolutely perfectly.

On top of that if your normal raid buff pet provides its buff through an aura (like Sporebat's Spell Haste) then you lose that buff the entire time you're casting BL/Brez and resummoning so that's extra DPS/HPS loss for the raid (you will often lose the buffs that are casts as well because it'll just be at a bad time where the cast is on CD so you can't refresh it before dismissing). God forbid you're BM like most serious hunters were for the first 3/4 of the expansion, that DPS loss is insane.

Also, not sure where you're getting that we get multiple casts of a brez. It's a 10 minute CD and it's shared over all pets of the same type (so every Quilen you have will be on CD).

BTW, how do you figure Hunters bring more than freaking Warlocks?! Locks bring Portals, Healthstones, they have incredible CDs for survival. Locks are an amazing class right now. They best we get is bringing buffs that should already be covered and a fairly sweet soaking ability. Traps aren't utility since Ice Trap (the only decent one for use in raids) removes better forms of slows from enemies, it's actually harmful to the raid. Let's not forget that in WoD Mythic will be balanced around 20 man so our 'utility' of bringing every buff will be nonexistent, guess we're out of luck next expansion.
---
#38nickizgr8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 5:26:19 AM
pengalor posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
I left Hunters out as they seem to be in a pretty good position. Good raid utility and good DPS in all 3 specs.

I...wat. I hope you're trolling, hunters are pretty bad off right now. Only saved by stupid bandaid fixes to Aspect of the Hawk.

Don't BM hunters have the best DPS in the game for BiS gear and the other two specs are in the top 5 DPS for BiS gear. If all 3 specs of your class are in the top 5 your class is doing okay and you have nothing to complain about.

This was suppose to be a topic about the worst class in game not people QQing because I missed one class out and didn't miss out an equally strong class instead.

It seems like most people in this topic don't really get what worst class is overall means. Classes like warrior aren't the worst overall. Yeah arms does crap DPS however fury 2 handed is pretty good and there also one of the best if not the best tank for SoO.

I was actually expecting to see DK's win this poll by a fair margin. All there 3 DPS specs, Frost 1H, Frost 2H and unholy all do pretty crap DPS all in the bottom 5 I believe. Blood tanking is the worst class for tanking SoO right now. Dk's are also not very good at PVP either. We then have the crappy raid utility Dk's have. The only useful thing is death grip and even then it's not like it's entirely needed it just saves a few extra seconds of running to a enemy. They do have Gorefiends grasp but that is only useful on a handful of fights as well. The only benefit I can see to play a DK right now is being able to solo older content and considering warlocks are soloing just as much stuff as Dk's are what's the point?
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#39SackBoiPosted 1/27/2014 5:41:39 AM
I have a dk scared to hit 90 with my WL (87) because I will find out what I am missing.

However in rbgs as unholy I do pretty good I think but blatantly under powered.
---
GTA V: XBL Gamer Tag: The_Koolaidman0 ---Feel free to add
3DS: Koolaid 3024 5113 5894, feel free to add
#40pengalorPosted 1/28/2014 7:58:33 AM
nickizgr8 posted...
pengalor posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

Don't BM hunters have the best DPS in the game for BiS gear and the other two specs are in the top 5 DPS for BiS gear. If all 3 specs of your class are in the top 5 your class is doing okay and you have nothing to complain about.

This was suppose to be a topic about the worst class in game not people QQing because I missed one class out and didn't miss out an equally strong class instead.

It seems like most people in this topic don't really get what worst class is overall means. Classes like warrior aren't the worst overall. Yeah arms does crap DPS however fury 2 handed is pretty good and there also one of the best if not the best tank for SoO.

I was actually expecting to see DK's win this poll by a fair margin. All there 3 DPS specs, Frost 1H, Frost 2H and unholy all do pretty crap DPS all in the bottom 5 I believe. Blood tanking is the worst class for tanking SoO right now. Dk's are also not very good at PVP either. We then have the crappy raid utility Dk's have. The only useful thing is death grip and even then it's not like it's entirely needed it just saves a few extra seconds of running to a enemy. They do have Gorefiends grasp but that is only useful on a handful of fights as well. The only benefit I can see to play a DK right now is being able to solo older content and considering warlocks are soloing just as much stuff as Dk's are what's the point?

DPS isn't the only thing that matters. Hunters suffer from severe ability bloat, boring specs with almost no differentiation between them, ridiculous scaling issues that have existed for years and have been ignored by Blizzard, no meaningful raid utility, bugged pet AI/bugged terrain causing pets to take ages to get to a target or despawn completely, and that's not to mention the reputation hunters as a whole have. I'm not QQing, I'm explaining why leaving them out because "they do good DPS" is stupid (oh, and MM still does terrible DPS so it's not like all of our specs are on top either).
---