This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can pay $60 easily, but why would I pay for it? Seems like a total rip off.

#1g0tbeef89Posted 2/19/2014 1:34:30 AM(edited)
With $60, I can buy a brand new game easily. I mean $45 (or was it $30, I forget) for character recustomization already seem like a ripoff, but this is ridiculous.

Remember when Blizzard used to be a game made with customers in mind? Now they just feel like money grabbing parasites. Disgusting.

I don't mind paying for stuff, but I just don't find Blizzard deserving of getting paid for such a service. Paying a subscription fee for monthly content development? Fair enough. Paying $60 to level up? Are you out of your f***ing mind??? The expansion which is the game with all the new content PLUS a free character upgrade costs less than $60, how is just the upgrade by itself cost more?

And to the fanboys(girls) wanting to pay even more for it - like $100? Thank you for identifying how much of a joke you are. I am so glad I don't play this game any more.

---
"Zerg is too op i make mutas and 3-3 marine die." - DristX99.
Ignoring all from tote since 2011.
#2KrozardPosted 2/19/2014 1:48:35 AM(edited)
I agree, at that price I don't see myself buying one, ever, really.
I'll user the free one I get at some point to save myself the cost of a server transfer but that's it.

Edit: Plus it'd be a waste for me. the only classes I don't have at 90 right now are Druid, Monk, and Shaman, and those are each 88-89 already.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Marc/simple
#3g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 1:52:57 AM
The thing is, I already have 9 classes at 90, and the other two is at 85. I decided to not play this game anymore so it really doesn't effect me anyways.

However, if I ever do decide to come back to the game and want to make additional characters on other servers, I would easily dished out $20 or so for another couple of 90s. At $60 a pop, even though I can afford it, I wouldn't buy it because it just wouldn't make me feel good. It's like how I feel about using the pokies machine, lottery or buying expensive paintings or I dunno, a lot of other useless things that people buy.
---
#4KrozardPosted 2/19/2014 2:01:18 AM
g0tbeef89 posted...
The thing is, I already have 9 classes at 90, and the other two is at 85. I decided to not play this game anymore so it really doesn't effect me anyways.

However, if I ever do decide to come back to the game and want to make additional characters on other servers, I would easily dished out $20 or so for another couple of 90s. At $60 a pop, even though I can afford it, I wouldn't buy it because it just wouldn't make me feel good. It's like how I feel about using the pokies machine, lottery or buying expensive paintings or I dunno, a lot of other useless things that people buy.

At least your free 90 from WoD, if you come back, can sorta be used as 1 free realm transfer. Sure it won't be an exact copy, but unless you have some removed transmog stuff, with toys and vanity stuff getting it's own account-wide tab, you won't be losing much.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Marc/simple
#5AmakusaPosted 2/19/2014 2:11:42 AM(edited)
g0tbeef89 posted...
Remember when Blizzard used to be a game made with customers in mind? Now they just feel like money grabbing parasites. Disgusting.

Remember when Blizzard put a gun to your head and made you buy a Lv.90 character.

Wait, I don't remember that. They're even offering one for free for buying WoD.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#6g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 2:12:45 AM
Amakusa posted...
g0tbeef89 posted...

Remember when Blizzard put a gun to your head and made you buy a Lv.90 character.

Wait, I don't remember that. They're even offering one for free for buying WoD.

Remember when people didn't strawman? Yea me neither.
---
#7mavlokPosted 2/19/2014 2:25:02 AM(edited)
There are already way too many "pay on top" crap In a sub based game. That's not good. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot in the long term.
---
'Life is a crap sandwich; the more bread you get the less crap you have to eat.'
#8redundanciesPosted 2/19/2014 6:26:24 AM

This *isn't* them being money-grubbing. It's cheaper than buying the base game + MoP + WoD to get a free 90 and transferring it to their main account like some folks were planning on doing - if they were just after the money, they'd just let folks do that and not offer a direct purchase.
#9ResidentECVXPosted 2/19/2014 6:39:42 AM
I'm actually surprised it's so low
---
My Video Games - http://users.ign.com/collection/ResidentECVX?objType=1
"If The Suspense Doesn't Kill You, Something Else Will!" - Resident Evil 2
#10HakPosted 2/19/2014 6:58:32 AM
Actually, I'd say that $60 does have the customer in mind. Maybe not the customers who are new to the game, but it means that the ones who are already playing aren't going to get flooded with even more idiots who don't know how to play their classes in LFD and LFR. The price point balances between the battlechest with the free 90 boost, and also charging enough to act as a disincentive to people who'd otherwise just boost every class to 90, level in WoD without knowing what they were doing, and then end up in your LFD-daily, pulling all the trash and causing you wipes because they didn't realise that Starfall had such a wide AoE.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa