This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can pay $60 easily, but why would I pay for it? Seems like a total rip off.

#51Noke0Posted 2/20/2014 11:12:36 AM(edited)
60$ buy a new game.

Inbetween playing said new game I will...

Level a character to 90 in two weeks, while making thousands of gold to transfer to one of my mains.

I like to learn my class and be the best in raids. So I'll take the time to level him up. PvP and PvE, it'll be a lot of fun.

So far I tank as a Warrior and Pally and DPS as a Shaman and Hunter. If I were to play another class I'd be leveling him up like normal. Like for instance my Warlock. Haha, if I leveled him up straight to 90 I'd be the biggest warlock nub in history.
---
Nintendo ID - oBluEx ; GT: oBluEx
Currently Playing: Many PC, PS 1-2, Xbox, Nintendo and various handheld games.
#52AtheistaticPosted 2/20/2014 12:05:26 PM
I think its more a deterrent. Like a mechanic not wanting to do a job because it'll be difficult. He'll give you an estimate that is really high. Most likely you'll say no but if you do agree he'll get paid that much more...
---
There was a time when the Church ruled the world
It was called the Dark Ages
#53TheGreatCheezePosted 2/20/2014 12:13:10 PM
redundancies posted...
I still don't see how: "Blizzard offering a level 90 for $60" is any different than "Players buying WoD for the free level 90 and then transferring it to their main account."

To anyone talking about wanting Blizzard to "do things for the customer" - isn't this exactly what they're doing? The latter scenario listed above is exactly what some folks said they'd do, prior to the simple purchase option being offered.

It's actually cheaper than what players were planning on doing before the level 90 service. People are getting upset that Blizz is saving players a lot of money.
---
They should get Tom Wilson to voice Garrosh in the next expansion.
"Why don't you make like an old god, and ygth'ngglll plaag'n'ggtkklak"
#54Morrowind4UPosted 2/20/2014 5:48:12 PM
Ok let's see..for 60 bucks you save roughly...58 hours of your life leveling. ...so your pretty much paying 1 buck per hour of leveling...which is 100x cheaper than a leveling service 1 to 90 thru a 3rd party. So if you say "that's too expensive" just screw off and don't bother paying it...I don't like the idea of them selling levels...but the cost expense isn't the issue...It's them streamlining the game for people who want to pay to win...A formula I don't agree with...This is the beginning of a walk down a road I don't want to go on...soon they'll start selling gold and professions..then gear.....I say let people work to 90...for them to see the new content. They didn't give everyone instant 60 when be came out
---
Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
#55Morrowind4UPosted 2/20/2014 5:56:50 PM
People payed $258 us dollars to get 3rd party sites to power level their characters....from 1 to 90. I'd know...I used to do the powerleveling. So 60 is too expensive ? Really? It's 60 bucks or 60 hours...your choice. Why the HE'LL should in be 30 or 15 bucks? It's an unfair advantage to those who spend those 60 hours leveling....you throw out 60 bucks to get a 90...buy some gold or gear on websites or AH..and now your leveling to 95 within the first 2 hours of playing. Really? Do you want NOTHING but a bunch of 90 running around? Have you all even thought how that would affect 90% of the games content?
---
Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
#56WhodatJuvatPosted 2/20/2014 6:38:15 PM
So now you'll have to find a legit job?
#57Rika_FurudePosted 2/20/2014 7:47:36 PM
Morrowind4U posted...
People payed $258 us dollars to get 3rd party sites to power level their characters....from 1 to 90. I'd know...I used to do the powerleveling. So 60 is too expensive ? Really? It's 60 bucks or 60 hours...your choice. Why the HE'LL should in be 30 or 15 bucks? It's an unfair advantage to those who spend those 60 hours leveling....you throw out 60 bucks to get a 90...buy some gold or gear on websites or AH..and now your leveling to 95 within the first 2 hours of playing. Really? Do you want NOTHING but a bunch of 90 running around? Have you all even thought how that would affect 90% of the games content?

So instead of seeing 2 people in the world while leveling per week, I'll see 2 people every 3 weeks

Oh no
---
imgur.com/oQHLBrx.jpg imgur.com/ah5IE8D.jpg imgur.com/U2IfpGi.jpg
imgur.com/Qf7D7Rg.jpg imgur.com/USV84z9.jpg imgur.com/PSjlohO.jpg