This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Player, should i get Mist of Pandaria?

#1apanbestPosted 7/11/2014 4:51:45 AM
I'm new to WoW, should i get the expansion rigt away or wait till I get a few toons to higher level first. What will I miss if I'm levelling without MoP?
#2vahndragonwingPosted 7/11/2014 4:56:09 AM
You can't play a Monk or level past 85 until you do, but yeah, I would wait until you hit 80 or so first.
---
IMO
3050-9023-0902
#3apanbest(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 5:08:03 AM
Thanks for the info.

Guess I'll wait until I get to higher level first since I wont miss anything other than monk class or if a discount for the exp is coming, I missed it the last time it when 50% off.
#4KaushadPosted 7/11/2014 5:09:38 AM
It depends on how much you value endgame content.

If you are interested in raiding/pvp, then yes you need MoP
If you aren't interested in the slightest in either of those, that leaves achievement hunting, mount collecting, pet taming etc. You need MoP for at least 2 of those(depending on how completionist you are).
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#5apanbest(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 5:13:38 AM
I'm getting it eventually, it is whether I should get it right away or later.
#6Ajd_KingPosted 7/11/2014 5:33:22 AM
Unless you're dying to play a monk or a pandaren, no.
---
That's a bond, Robert. A bond that sucks on the chocolaty nipple of time.
#7vahndragonwingPosted 7/11/2014 6:37:17 AM
Kaushad posted...
It depends on how much you value endgame content.

If you are interested in raiding/pvp, then yes you need MoP
If you aren't interested in the slightest in either of those, that leaves achievement hunting, mount collecting, pet taming etc. You need MoP for at least 2 of those(depending on how completionist you are).

The op clearly asks if they should get it now or when theyre a higher level, but is obviously going to get it eventually.

Ajd_King posted...
Unless you're dying to play a monk or a pandaren, no.

You can play pandaren regardless of expansion and have been able to for coming up on 2 years now.
---
IMO
3050-9023-0902
#8sithgod513Posted 7/11/2014 8:47:40 AM
Yeah you just cant play monk or lvl past 85, so unless you really want to play monk then dont even worry about it for awhile.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#9KaushadPosted 7/11/2014 3:51:37 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
The op clearly asks if they should get it now or when theyre a higher level, but is obviously going to get it eventually.

My bad, didn't read the OP clearly.
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.