This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tanking LFRs on an alt, is there a reference guide I can use?

#1SirGizmoPosted 7/16/2014 10:43:32 AM
I know all the fights, from a dps/healing stand point, just want to make sure I'm not missing any of the important parts of the fights tanks should know. Is there some extremely simple list of like, "tank instructions" for each fight in LFR?
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo
#2Moses_IncPosted 7/16/2014 10:47:36 AM
Dungeon journal.
---
I've seen michael moses a bunch lately. He's a newblet that shows definite promise.~Kirbix
http://puu.sh/2G6G
#3SirGizmo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 11:14:58 AM
Was hoping for something hyper condensed for people who are essentially tanking on alts. Tank only mechanics, not entire fight mechanics.
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo
#4TheGreatCheezePosted 7/16/2014 11:32:29 AM
SirGizmo posted...
Was hoping for something hyper condensed for people who are essentially tanking on alts. Tank only mechanics, not entire fight mechanics.

They are pretty condensed, and you can just click on the ones that have the shield icon on them, you don't have to read every single tab
---
They should get Tom Wilson to voice Garrosh in the next expansion.
"Why don't you make like an old god, and ygth'ngglll plaag'n'ggtkklak"
#5scarecrowsPosted 7/16/2014 12:27:29 PM
Go to youtube, type the name of the boss plus vox. Click on the one that says tank. Watch short video and win the game.
---
If you love something set it free...but don't be surprised when it comes back with herpes.
#6MochiballPosted 7/16/2014 12:44:11 PM
If you're looking for something written you can try Sunnier's Quick and Dirty Tanking Guide:

http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/2013/09/26/the-quick-and-dirty-tanking-guide-for-siege-of-orgrimmar/

It's geared towards BrM tanks but the info in it applies to everyone.
#7KaushadPosted 7/16/2014 1:42:32 PM
immerseus: taunt on the debuff for corrosive blast
Protectors: point rook away from the raid, b**** about people not passing you mark
Norushen: taunt when other tank goes in his phase
Sha: taunt on the wounded pride(or whatever it is that makes you get pride when hit) debuff
Galakras: ... its a trash fight.
Jug: taunt on 3 stacks, point away from raid
Shaman: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/kor-kron-dark-shaman-detailed-strategy needed a bit more explaining, move bosses after ashen wall, switch on like 4 stacks of debuff(or something I forget)
Nazgrim: taunt with sundering blow(I don't remember how many) http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/general-nazgrim-detailed-strategy
Malkorok: Taunt on something like 15 stacks, b**** about people not stacking during blood rage
Spoils: Open boxes, b**** about others opening boxes, open bigs first, then mediums then smalls, one big at the time, 2 medium/1 medium 2 small at a time, or 4 small
Thok: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/thok-the-bloodthirsty-detailed-strategy You point him away from the raid, when you taunt, get to his side so you don't get the conal debuff. Open the cage when you get the key, left of entrance, right of entrance, top right.(in that order)
Siegecrafter Blackfuse: Taunt when the add comes out, solo the add while it is standing in a saw blade
Paragons: One tank tanks 2, the other tanks one. Biggest issue is marking and killing the amber
Garrosh hellscream:
First phase: one tank on boss, other picks up adds
second onward: taunt on up to 7 stacks of debuff, but lower if the other tank is struggling.

Hope I was of some help, I have never tanked them outside of lfr so someone else may be able to contribute more.
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#8UnboundAbyssPosted 7/16/2014 2:30:36 PM
Protectors: if tanking Rook, point away from raid to prevent Fists of Fury from hitting raid.
Tanking He, turn away when he casts Gouge, watch the ground for poisons.
pick up an Gloom OR Misery add during Rook's 2bd phase, but not both. Keep all bosses stacked.

Norushen: swap taunt when other tank goes into split phase, pick up orbs the big adds drop.

Sha: step in yellow buttons during Prison to get players out. No Wounded Pride debuff in LFR.

Galakras: one tank stays down, other tank tanks one tower at a time when Demolisher dies.

Juggernaught: jump on Crawler Mines when come out, use CDs of needed.

Paragons: 1 tank takes Rik'ul and Wind-Reaver, other tank takes Posion-Minded and Bloodseeker. Rik'ul/Wind-Reaver give debuff to increase damage taken if they also tank Bloodseeker/Posion-Minded, and vice-versa.

Garrosh: split-phase, pick up all adds. 1 tank only goes left to pick up adds and 1 tank goes right.
Third phase: 1 tank takes boss, other tank picks up adds.

You covered some of the basics but missed things that would wipe your group.
---
Why should you care if someone has what you have if looks cool to you? oh right you wanna be a special snowflake. :l - shawn10000000
#9KaushadPosted 7/16/2014 3:02:19 PM
Thanks unbound abyss, I haven't tanked it in a few months lol.
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#10Mark BellhornPosted 7/17/2014 4:00:48 AM
also, face korven the prime away from the raid.