This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"WoW is dying"

#11vahndragonwingPosted 7/18/2014 8:24:21 PM
scarecrows posted...
They are losing 1-2 million subscriptions every year. Compare that 1 billion to what they were making back in wrath. The fact that I even have to type this fact out is pathetic.

"According to the research, WoW was by far the most successful MMORPG last year with a market share of 36%."

Better watch that blood pressure, since you are obv hella salty
---
IMO
3050-9023-0902
#12toolittletimePosted 7/18/2014 8:36:52 PM
Looks like the game in 2nd place after Wow earned almost the same amount of money per player and is free to play.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#13Love_Me_SexyPosted 7/18/2014 8:44:31 PM
waywardSavior posted...
One thousand billion?! Does every person in the entire world play this game now?

Where did you get "1000 Billion" from?
---
4930k || X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || 16GB RAM || 240GB SSD || 2x180GB SSD (RAID0) || 4TB SSHD || 1200w PSU
#14SolKarellenPosted 7/18/2014 8:56:15 PM
Wouldn't 1000 billion just be...a trillion?
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#15scarecrowsPosted 7/18/2014 9:04:13 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
scarecrows posted...
They are losing 1-2 million subscriptions every year. Compare that 1 billion to what they were making back in wrath. The fact that I even have to type this fact out is pathetic.

"According to the research, WoW was by far the most successful MMORPG last year with a market share of 36%."

Better watch that blood pressure, since you are obv hella salty

The title mocks that it's dying. It is dying. The title should be mocking people that say it's dead.
---
If you love something set it free...but don't be surprised when it comes back with herpes.
#16waywardSaviorPosted 7/18/2014 9:21:24 PM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
waywardSavior posted...
One thousand billion?! Does every person in the entire world play this game now?

Where did you get "1000 Billion" from?

First line of the article:

"A new report by SuperData Research reveals that Blizzard earned $1,041 billion in revenue from World of Warcraft in 2013."
#17Little ZardarPosted 7/18/2014 10:28:20 PM(edited)
why make trillions when you can make billions?
---
http://i.imgur.com/U1VvEk5.jpg
"My parents were mugged in a dark alley by cosmetic store items." - Jiruru
#18KaushadPosted 7/18/2014 11:36:18 PM
Of course near the end of expansion the subscriber base will fall, it always does. With 2 (by general consensus) bad expansions behind world of warcraft of course the subscribers have dropped. If WoD turns out as well as it currently seems, then I expect it to get back up to 10 mil easily.

Also, how on earth is that 2 million a year, it dropped with MoP's rather bad release and stabilized. Of course, we don't have q2 14 reports yet so there is no real way to tell what it is now, but the people that have recently unsubscribed will probably come back for WoD.
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#19scarecrowsPosted 7/18/2014 11:45:18 PM
Kaushad posted...
Of course near the end of expansion the subscriber base will fall, it always does. With 2 (by general consensus) bad expansions behind world of warcraft of course the subscribers have dropped. If WoD turns out as well as it currently seems, then I expect it to get back up to 10 mil easily.

Also, how on earth is that 2 million a year, it dropped with MoP's rather bad release and stabilized. Of course, we don't have q2 14 reports yet so there is no real way to tell what it is now, but the people that have recently unsubscribed will probably come back for WoD.

10m?? LOL you're a joke.

I said 1-2 million. From Dec 2010 to Dec 2011 they lost 1.8 million. From Dec 2012 to Dec 2013 they lost 1.8 million. In a few short years they have lost 4.4 million. Some of you need to learn what decline means. This isn't some BS end of the expansion lull, people are quitting and they aren't coming back. Get over it.
---
If you love something set it free...but don't be surprised when it comes back with herpes.
#20koujimorenoPosted 7/19/2014 12:01:34 AM
scarecrows posted...
Kaushad posted...

10m?? LOL you're a joke.

I said 1-2 million. From Dec 2010 to Dec 2011 they lost 1.8 million. From Dec 2012 to Dec 2013 they lost 1.8 million. In a few short years they have lost 4.4 million. Some of you need to learn what decline means. This isn't some BS end of the expansion lull, people are quitting and they aren't coming back. Get over it.

Serious question since I don't keep up on their financial earnings, but isn't WoW still doing way better than every other MMO?