This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do people even have time for WoW these days?

#31TheSchrefPosted 8/27/2014 9:37:24 PM
I'm currently working 25-35 hours a week and taking 18 credits and I still find plenty of time to go out or play WoW if I want to (granted I go out/play WoW really, really late).
#32whemmyPosted 8/28/2014 2:33:22 AM
You have enough time to come here but not enough time to log in the game...

You don't need to play 2-8 hours every days...
#33GunLovinSchmuckPosted 8/28/2014 5:21:41 AM
You think this game is requires a lot of time? Try a "real" mmorpg. This game is a walk through the park compared to most others.
#34TonyWonderPosted 8/28/2014 5:50:42 AM
I'm a teacher and mainly get to play during the summer and on holidays.

WoD is coming out during one of the busiest parts of the school year, not looking forward to that.
#35TrycksiePosted 8/28/2014 6:14:36 AM
It's really cool to meet an actual teacher that plays WoW.
#36sting__artPosted 8/28/2014 6:53:54 AM
jeremy_w24 posted...
I used to love WoW for the fact that if given a huge hunk of free time you could catch up rather easily and play top tier stuff for awhile and then take breaks.

Recently WoW's design has drifted towards the daily mobile game philosophy. Get your weekly valor, daily bonuses, build reputation, LFR and weekly coins for bonus rolls. I quit for 2 months for the first time in MoP because of several factors related to this. Most of the time if I don't have at least a 1 hour chunk of time I don't even think about booting up WoW. There is still stuff to do, but once you get behind you feel like you won't be able to catch up.

One of WoW's biggest design challenges is the fact that top tier gear outpaces starting tier and mid tier by huge amounts (exponential in some cases). Hitting crit/haste caps combined with trinkets and best in slot stats makes such a huge difference in time spent in the game. A daily dungeon with a fresh group of 5 90s is 17-18 minutes, while it is 3-4 minutes (with no effort) at top tier. So the time investment for you if you fall behind is amplified. A fresh 90 has a hard time killing mobs on timeless isle out the gate. Of course you can get help and I suggest you try to find a good support guild to help you lower the catch up time when you do get a chance to play.

That's why Blizzard, at some point in the expansion, releases new content designed for fresh 90's so that they are able to farm gear that let's them have acces to the end game. Not to mention that said gear is faster to obtain than doing those 5-man dungeons and that you don't need anybody to carry you, much less an entire guild at that.

Timeless isle is the perfect example of this.
#37Little ZardarPosted 8/28/2014 9:56:02 AM
Trycksie posted...

I was in a random group with 2 teachers in Cataclysm, I think it was. I will never forget it because they were talking s*** about their students in party chat. It was quite a sight to behold.
---
http://i.imgur.com/U1VvEk5.jpg
"My parents were mugged in a dark alley by cosmetic store items." - Jiruru
#38PeachTherapyPosted 8/28/2014 2:38:45 PM
The OP obviously didn't play vanilla. That was some grinding involved.

ExtremeLuchador posted...
I fear where this country will be in 20 years.

20 years time? The UK will be under Sharia law the way it's going with our spineless politically correct liberals who are supposed to be running the country.
#39TonyWonderPosted 8/28/2014 4:35:23 PM
Little Zardar posted...
Trycksie posted...

I was in a random group with 2 teachers in Cataclysm, I think it was. I will never forget it because they were talking s*** about their students in party chat. It was quite a sight to behold.

Welcome to the teacher's lounge. I can't stand it. It's why I eat lunch in my classroom.
#40ElaeusPosted 8/29/2014 7:43:01 AM(edited)
TonyWonder posted...
Little Zardar posted...
Trycksie posted...

Welcome to the teacher's lounge. I can't stand it. It's why I eat lunch in my classroom.

I used to have lunch either alone or sometimes with one/some of my students. In the times I went to the lounge, I just got engaged in my personal or work related things on my laptop, and rarely engaged in conversations regarding the others' students unless I was directly asked for advice.

I think I was just one of the kids.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.