What is Real Survival mode?

#1AtomicGamerPosted 5/31/2008 11:01:42 AM
It's been a long time since I played and I can't remember.
---
#2Mr_HelemPosted 5/31/2008 11:07:49 AM
From what I can recall, Real Survivor is where the Item Boxes aren't universal (they aren't "connected", i.e. you place the shotgun in an item box in the mansion, then you go to another item box. You can't get the shotty from it, you have to go to that particular item box), auto-aim is turned off, and I think the shotgun has unlimited ammo. Can't be certain.
---
If you have 5 dollars and Chuck Norris has 5 dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.
#3AtomicGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2008 11:10:13 AM
no auto aim? nuts to that.
---
#4DrScuttlesPosted 5/31/2008 11:26:41 AM
The shotgun has limited ammo, and the game's set on hard difficulty.
It's a fun challenge, but you need to plan your routes pretty well (eg. leave the magnum in Lisa's shack so you can pick it up on your way back later on).
---
"A... shoe store."
#5krissynzPosted 5/31/2008 11:50:30 AM
Yeah the non-universal boxes can make the game hard, espically for Chris. However that is actually the way the game was back in 95 when the demo of it came out.

---
"Momma always said ganados are like a box of Cracker Jacks, ya neva know what prize is inside."
#6bomberdude999Posted 6/1/2008 10:34:35 AM
I <3 Real Survival mode.
---
Defender Beast Master Ice Lance in the Pants
www.myspace.com/pieman887
#7Dammit182Posted 6/1/2008 10:50:04 AM
The endless backtracking to item boxes must make the game extremely boring and like a chore.
---
"This May Be Fun........."
#8PhaildPosted 6/1/2008 11:05:48 AM
The no auto aim thing is a cheap gimmick. I mean, Capcom decided to make the game harder by abusing the games bad camera angles. Lame in my opinion.
#9DrScuttlesPosted 6/1/2008 2:39:35 PM
There's a surprising amount of leeway in terms of how accurate you need to be, though. Maybe not as much as in the older RE games, but you don't always have to be bang on (forgive the pun).

And also... how many zombies do you really need to kill? You can get through the mansion by only killing a few...
Crimson head elder can be killed with a grenade and a bullet...You don't need to bother bringing your pistol back after the residence, so you don't really need to ever aim with it much anyway... Shotgun is **** easy to aim with, especially against zombies' heads... Camera angles aren't that bad in most boss fights... You don't need to fight the Tyrant on the helipad.

It's really not all that bad. The one enemy that gave me trouble was Plant 42. That ****er ****ed me off for so bloody much on Real Survival.
---
"A... shoe store."
#10krissynzPosted 6/1/2008 6:43:37 PM
The endless backtracking to item boxes must make the game extremely boring and like a chore.

The no auto aim thing is a cheap gimmick. I mean, Capcom decided to make the game harder by abusing the games bad camera angles

They call it Real Survival for a reason, to make it harder, it's to give people who feel the game is too easy a challenge.

---
"Momma always said ganados are like a box of Cracker Jacks, ya neva know what prize is inside."