REwrite History (an RE CYOA #3, Topic 4)

#31Turducken(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 11:14:03 PM
Updates off in the other topic.

Seemed to help Ra's in Batman Begins. But then again, I guess they were just sparring.

Well, even if they werenít, youíre not suggesting Chris is on Raísí level, are you?!

Well, that's not gonna leave a whole lot of them fighting, right?

Nope. Which might be some nice peace of mind for Chris. If they arenít fighting, they should be safe. Should be.

Right now the only one in his corner for pretty-much-certain is Jill. Kenneth and Brad are also pretty likely if they get out of their scrapes with the law. Might not be as S.T.A.R.S-focused as you thought. Guess it depends a lot on what happens in the remaining Intermissions to set the scene.

I did! Eventually...

Saved him just to blast him later. Some hero you are.

alien babies with tentacles are annoying as HELL. Why are they everywhere?

I said the same thing in the maternity ward.

mom got a call, and told me that my 2nd sister was diagnosed with cervical cancer

Wow. Iím sorry to hear that. Helluva thing to find out anytime, but especially in the so-called ĎSeason of Miraclesí? F***.

she doesn't want to ruin his service record by getting him arrested or something like that

Öhow considerate.

He says he works like a dog

Iíve never understood this saying. Dogs DONíT work, and whatever it is they do, they donít do it very hard, soÖ?

Sounds like a real piece, at any rate.

One thing's saying it, another is rubbing it in.

Plus, that was then, this is now. If he isnít doing anything nowadays, isnít even trying, what he DID doesnít matter for spit.

Oh, and did I mention that she's the one that pays for almost everything

Heh, I guess sheíd have to if heís not bringing in any money. I suppose thereís some kind of Army residual maybe, but doesnít sound like the type to share.

I think I finally found a job.

Good news?! IN MAH TOPIC!!?!??! Not happening! Get it OUTTA here! Just kidding, of course; if you landed it, whatever it is, congrats. Hold onto it like grim death.

Actually, it's "I'm Rebecca! *spray sound* Oh no!"...which is worse.

IÖdonít remember her ever saying that. Not like I try and ever commit anything Rebecca says to memory, butÖ

I hope not, because then it'll look like a Mercenaries 3D copy+paste.

Oh, hell, I forgot itís in that already. Chance for Capcom to slack and reuse something already made for the 3DS? Yep, sheís gonna have it.

Jeez. I hear that game is terrible.

It is and isnít. Kind of a mixed bag. I wrote a review of it some years back, and I honestly canít remember if I completely slammed it or not, but it has a kind of charm and enjoyability. Iíd recommend at least checking it out in the wonderful age of emulators.

Leon fanboys are pissed at that game, I think.

Well, they should get over it. Itís not canon! Heís fine, and spouting cheesy one-liners or being a soulless automaton, depending on which mode heís in.

Russians will resent that.

Sorry, Russians. Iím sure they keep body heat in like a mother, but they look absurd.
---
Dog tears are the truest tears of all. SO SAYS MISTER VISION
#32Turducken(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 11:15:04 PM
And she also has a wetsuit and...a short-haired look in which she looked like a stewardess.

Maybe she only serves sea food HAHAHAHAH. But short-haired is interesting, cuz the hat picture I saw made her look like sheís got fairly long hair. Does she get a haircut mid-game? Oooh!

Doitdoitdoit. If you ever do, tell us how'd it go.

Hoo boy. Another playthrough thing in here, huh? If I do, I will. Sounds like you and cube and beaten it, but Iím not sure about Vision. I only ask cuz if he has I forgo the big spoiler warnings that I hate making and spacing out. VISION HAVE YOU?!?!

Riddle 1- 98. (it reminds me of the Richard Bullet Shield puzzle thing a bit)

I wouldnít be surprised, but I honestly canít remember any puzzle on that. As long as I didnít do the exact same one Iím happy, though. If I ever do itíll be my own fault and you get to enjoy a freebie I guess.

2 and 3...I am honest, I can't figure 'em out. Either I suck, or I'm not thinking hard anough. I have been sitting here for an hour, and keep getting nothing. Throw me a bone, man.

I canít do that! Heck, I was gonna auto-fail you for taking too long after seeing it (48 hours was the limit) and not coming up with anything. But since you did reply before that limit, and the one you guessed at is right (yay), I can extend the time a little longer. Hell, if you can come up with either answer before I post the next bit of yours, even if Iíve nearly finished writing it, Iíll go ahead and scrap it. But I canít give hints! Even if I was going to I donít know how without making it blatantly obvious.
---
#33cubefanPosted 12/13/2011 4:27:35 AM
Well, what do you know. Rare to see the topic starter get the last post in his own topic. Oh, and hey, looks like Gfaqs now allows CYOAs. Wish they'd allowed that 2 years ago... *grumble*

Well, even if they werenít, youíre not suggesting Chris is on Raísí level, are you?!

But... but... Chris was also alive several centuries ago... And he briefly used a sword too! New Chris can just tap into those powers somehow!

Might not be as S.T.A.R.S-focused as you thought. Guess it depends a lot on what happens in the remaining Intermissions to set the scene.

Yeah, I used to think so up until these intermission things. Then my hopes were all shot to hell...

Sorry, Russians. Iím sure they keep body heat in like a mother, but they look absurd.

Hey, we had (still have) those funny winter caps in the army too. They look kinda nice! Wait, was this about hats?

Oh, Chris is playing Red Alert.

But todayís the day youórather, Chrisówill make the pitch to an oldÖfriend.

Count yer minutes, Roidfield. Wonder how this ending would turn out if Forest's bit came after this?

Again with the million puns...! Anyway, looks like my first set is done. Keep up, you two!

Ooooookay... This is funny. Gotta love psychopaths!

The prince was a handsome and gallant hero, brave on the field of battle

Yeah, right. You don't believe that yourself, ya cross-dressing freak...

Friggin' ninjas... maybe Batman's one of them! Hell, I'll pick that if only because you used a meme. I know how much you hate those!
---
A good essay is like a woman's skirt- long enough to cover the good stuff, but short enough to keep things interesting.
#34Turducken(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2011 5:32:26 PM
Oh, and hey, looks like Gfaqs now allows CYOAs. Wish they'd allowed that 2 years ago... *grumble*

It's because of our struggles, brother. We finally did it... WE FINALLY... But they do? Just anywhere? Neat.

But... but... Chris was also alive several centuries ago... And he briefly used a sword too! New Chris can just tap into those powers somehow!

That's Sci-FAROUT

Hey, we had (still have) those funny winter caps in the army too. They look kinda nice!

I HATE 'EM!

Wait, was this about hats?

It's always about hats!!

Oh, Chris is playing Red Alert.

Yeah, it's meant to sound fancy, but it was really just Red Alert and some Risk thrown in for good measure.

Wonder how this ending would turn out if Forest's bit came after this?

(shrug) Mm-mm.

Again with the million puns...!

DUH!!

Anyway, looks like my first set is done. Keep up, you two!

Hey, it's not their fault! You've yet to run into a real MegaIntermission like they have!

Ooooookay... This is funny. Gotta love psychopaths!

I tried to deliver some craziness while not just ripping you off.

Yeah, right. You don't believe that yourself, ya cross-dressing freak...

He's crazy! He believes a couch is his best friend!

Hell, I'll pick that if only because you used a meme. I know how much you hate those!

I did? Son of a b****!!! They're so everywhere that it must have snuck in unconsciously... I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO AVOID THOSE EFFIN THINGS I WANNA REWRITE THAT BIT NOW HHARGARGARHA
---
#35DiamondGirl1092Posted 12/14/2011 9:08:15 PM
Birthday post.

Wow. Iím sorry to hear that. Helluva thing to find out anytime, but especially in the so-called ĎSeason of Miraclesí? F***.

Yeah...yeah. Big slap across the face, this was.

Öhow considerate.

More like how stupid. There's one of the reasons why we call her "Dodo".

Sounds like a real piece, at any rate.

Mmhmm. He was here the other day, too. He tried to kiss ass by helping us move some very light furniture, but then showed what a hypocrite he is by constantly telling one of her kids to shut up among other things I didn't hear since I was outside. Oh, and he wants to send her oldest kid to military school...which he clearly told me does not want to go to. Who does Fatso McCreepyshmuck think he is, their dad? He reminds me of that fat guy from Cat in the Hat.

Heh, I guess sheíd have to if heís not bringing in any money. I suppose thereís some kind of Army residual maybe, but doesnít sound like the type to share.

Oh, he has a pension....which goes to his ex-wife, if I recall correctly.

Good news?! IN MAH TOPIC!!?!??! Not happening! Get it OUTTA here! Just kidding, of course; if you landed it, whatever it is, congrats. Hold onto it like grim death.

I haven't landed it yet, but if I do, you can be sure I will; jobs are hard to come by nowadays.

IÖdonít remember her ever saying that. Not like I try and ever commit anything Rebecca says to memory, butÖ

You secretly like Rebecca. And nah, she never says that...anywhere. They pulled off a "Chris S.T.A.R.S. figure" deal there.

Oh, hell, I forgot itís in that already. Chance for Capcom to slack and reuse something already made for the 3DS? Yep, sheís gonna have it.

Inafune, don't you dare! But yes, it is very highly that they will use it...AGAIN. Because a girl in a miniskirt with a huge ass= fanservice. Especially when it's in 3rd Person and in THREEE DEEE.

Maybe she only serves sea food HAHAHAHAH. But short-haired is interesting, cuz the hat picture I saw made her look like sheís got fairly long hair. Does she get a haircut mid-game? Oooh!

.....Have you been hanging with Leon, young man? And sorry to disappoint you, but it's in kind of a past event. Meaning you get to play as Past Jessica and/or Past Parker. The short-haired look is just for that/those levels, never to be seen again for the duration of the game.

I wouldnít be surprised, but I honestly canít remember any puzzle on that. As long as I didnít do the exact same one Iím happy, though. If I ever do itíll be my own fault and you get to enjoy a freebie I guess.

I got a freebie! Though I honestly had no idea it WAS one until I finally found the answer and posted it. And it's not like we expect you to remember every puzzle/riddle you do/did.

I canít do that!

Dammit!

Heck, I was gonna auto-fail you for taking too long after seeing it (48 hours was the limit) and not coming up with anything.

Jerk.

But since you did reply before that limit, and the one you guessed at is right (yay), I can extend the time a little longer. Hell, if you can come up with either answer before I post the next bit of yours, even if Iíve nearly finished writing it, Iíll go ahead and scrap it. But I canít give hints!

Yay, I got it right! My math is still good. And aww.......

Glad to see Alexia is still as nutty as ever. And to think she looked so normal...

Hah, Prince Alfred: Lord of the cross-dressers.

"Should I stay in, or should I lea--OH GOD, NINJAS!"

Bah....I tried to figure out Riddle 3, and came up with 2 answers. It's either the letter N, or "time".
---
You know me, I want to stab stupid people with a vibrator. RIGHT IN THE EYE. Y'know, to see if the vibrations fix the stupid ='-'=
#36VisionRing30Posted 12/18/2011 7:11:47 PM
14 posts of it!! Good god, man! Thatís like a 1:1 ratio on what I gave for it! Insane!

Heh heh, only as insane as Killer 7 itself. Which is dangerously insane, yes.

Hah, yikes. Sounds like a helluva workload. See ya in a week, then, heheheÖ

Just glad to be done with it. That was indeed a helluva lot of work.

I think youíre on to something. IíM OUTTA HERE THEN!! Whew, just in time, tooÖ

No! Now we'll never know the end to Zombies and Dinosaurs!

TOO BAD!

And you think Killer 7 is insane?

W-what the hellíre you talkiní aboutÖ?

That odd final scene with Kun Lan.

Thatís where they get me. I love unlocking costumes and stuffÖ

Thus, an excruciating experience for you, but very fun for me to hear about, should it ever occur.

But why were they spelled in all-caps there? That actually just makes more questions!

True, I don't know why they did that.

Yeah, didnít take too long once I got going. Iím glad it wasnít another 30-hour slugfest, as much as I can enjoy those. Short (properly short, not the ridiculous 5 hour at best Modern Warfare-style crap) and sweet. Once I got over that Ďlearning curveí it was game on.

Yes, just right to tell its story. The exact opposite of an online multiplayer-focused game or a 100+ hour RPG.

What is with that announcer?!

He has the world's first weirdo accent and he's really excited about saying those words I guess.

*KILLER 7 SPOILERS BACK FROM THE DEAD*

I playtested it a little, and by the end of the game Iím pretty positive you actually do get more blood the higher that Critical Combo number is.

Interesting, but almost useless due to the blood machines breaking down.

Those dicks. Whatíre they tryiní to say with THAT!?

ENGLISH SUCKS! Eh, I don't really know. Though apparently they chose not to use the English voices in this version because they were far too Engrish-y. You can still sort of hear the original dialogue sometimes. I find Susie to be the easiest one to do this with.

With the cel-shaded art, looks like one!

Then it's the best cartoon ever!
---
"Laughter is the countdown of devastation."- Killer 7, end of Sunset
#37VisionRing30Posted 12/18/2011 7:12:11 PM
Sweet Blue Flag? That a music track?

Yes it is, my favorite from this game. More on that later.

No, whoís hand is just improper grammar. So Capcom made me smile (HAHAHAHAH!!). Youíre a professional company, guys! Hire a better proofreader!

Capcom typos seem like a rather common thing despite the size of the company.

I HATE HIMÖ

Ever after your agreement on afros, apparently. You must really hate him.

Weird that it changed then when everyone else is still the same. Eh.

I believe it was changed to coincide with the personality she was given based on their brief meeting at the Union 7. Again, more on that soon.

Studio 51 is sexist!

By soon I mean right now! Her change of weapon and her fumbling with reloading seems to be based on how she panicked and fled back when Emir was hunting them all down. In addition to that there is the bloodstain on her clothes, which works much in the same way as the bloodstains on Camellia Smiles. She is a traitor because she neither tried to fight or warn the others.

SHUT UP!

NEVER!

Cake.

Soul cake only.

If it makes you feel better, even though Iím pretty sure I donít mention it in those talks that eventually went out the window.

Huh?

Harmanís so cool.

Yes he is, as long as he isn't in Garcian's trailer.

True. He needs a fancy new Hoverround.

Now he can see the Grand Canyon!

Youíve never played Tekken!? Shame on you!

I guess, but if I did now, I'd probably just call that one guy Kun Lan all the time.

I could make a Crass Jokeô here, but I wonít!

Boo.

I never noticed Kevin changing. Guess thatís because I never gave a damn about Kevin. But a pal insists heís awesome if you stick with him, so maybe whenever I play again Iíll try him out for reals.

Sure, go ahead, he's not bad. Also I think he changes his sunglasses sometimes too.

Eh, kinda not really. The game just drove me slightly crazy while playing and I ended up overreacting to everything in part. You see by the end of it Iíve lost my mind.

Just as planned.

Hey but he does have the amazing ability to trail off in the middle of a letter while getting killed with an ellipsis.

Not to mention cause fans to argue about whether or not he actually appeared in the game.

I shouldíve known in the first place. Iím such a doofus!

Don't worry, all are equal under the eyes of Ulmeyda.

Dan sure is coolÖ

Just don't make him fight a kid.

Ouch, poor Mask. But yeah, I didnít use him at that point unless I had to. About the amusement park time I started using him more. Both because the Tyrant Smiles show up, and because in using them against him I had fun and tried him out elsewhere.

Just so slow...at least at that point. Here's a tip for making MASK even more useful. His Focus Grenades (ones that you use two blood vials to charge) will give you an automatic critical hit when used against Backside Smiles.

Yíknow, thatís a good point. But who is it then? Theyíre the only two in the room!

How about the basement?

Would be if I ever let anyone die. OCD Powers, activate!

Killer 8 mode should remedy that.
---
#38VisionRing30Posted 12/18/2011 7:13:05 PM
No wonder we import.

Which also means we can't complain about them calling English gibberish...

Yes he is. And I donít even like Coyote that much. But heís okay.

Of course. He's the eagle that lands on stuff!

Hell, with Critical Lock-On I can see why itís blood-soaked. Blood of my FOES.

Blood hog! We need that blood for serum!

Iíd never do that!

You should. He insults you and it's fun for all!

Fine, but PUN! God!

Right, right...the pun.

I have a long, conflicted past with one Steven J. Blum. Lines were drawn, sides takenÖ

Go on.

Well, yeahÖ But they wouldnít be able to tell anyone!

Unless you're in Killer 7 world. You can't get ghosts to shut up there.

Heís got my vote after giving me handy tips!

He's already more useful than most presidents!

A week!?

Ouch, give me some credit here. It was 30 minutes.

Yeah, that helps too. I wish that show. Blum was a voice on that, and I liked him back then. Back before he was in EVERYTHING EVER.

Ah, so that's what this is about too.

Woulda been nice. Why are easy-to-kill ones in later on when Iíve got the hang of things?! Shouldíve been there at the start when Iím all WHAT DO I DO?!

Texas Bronco shirts wouldn't have meant anything back then.

(shudder)

I see a fan.

I chuckled heartily at that. Nice job.

Thank you.

Oohh. Wow. Never put that together. And it makes the MY DNA IS INSIDE CLEMENCE thing not as icky as I thought (or at least a different kind of icky).

Yeah, it is kind of weird and not all that clear, but that's what it is.

I HATED THAT SCENE!!

Really? But Pedro is such a...And Curtis is so...HOW?!

Please do. What I mightíve piece-mealed together even by endgame probably isnít close to the full story, so yeah.

That's Mills calling. That vote thing is the signal for Garcian to go to the overpass and get his next mission. It becomes more obvious when you realize there is no such thing as the "Republic Party". On a similar note, there are some pretty vast time lapses between missions. Especially between Sunset and Cloudman, where like a year goes by.
---
#39VisionRing30Posted 12/18/2011 7:14:34 PM
I am, actually. Thanks.

You're welcome. If you are interested in knowing what any other songs are called, just let me know.

Weird works, but I was going more towards extreme loathing and disgust.

Was it the inexplicable Japanese or her clothes and that mask?

It was okay!

Good! That was Sweet Blue Flag, as I said before, my favorite song from the game. My second favorite would probably be Dissociative Identity (the first credits song) and then either A Fierce Good Fight or Sceneman (Music from difficulty select or Ulmeyda fight).

UhÖif not the game, then where?!

There is a supplemental thing called Hand in Killer 7, which goes much more in-depth about the story and basically everything. It was only officially released in Japanese, but in the Killer 7 FAQs on this site there is a translated version of it.

Billy Bloodysunday!

You mean Kess?

Huh. That makes a kind of sense.

Usually does.

Not really. Heís a gimpsuit freak, anyway; he probably likes being talked down to.

At least he's not the gimp from Pulp Fiction. That guy was freaky, and not in the normal gimp way.

Yeah, me tooÖ (never played it!)

I know, but the idea is there anyway.

Occupy Broadway. With the Handsome Men!

I'd support it. Handsome Wink!

Well, if you remember, I hope you will, cuz Iím lost.

Unfortunately, still short on time...sorry.

Me too. 8-bit 4eva, yo.

Word up, boyee.

UhÖoh.

Yeah, you don't need to remember him.

FINAL J-DORKS. Like those little anime guys. Super mega over-react to a slight disturbance with pants-s***ting action and arms flailing about.

Ah, I see. I've kind of been wondering if their movements are supposed to be like what they were doing while getting shot later though.

Well what the hell are they then?!

Someone trying to escape, maybe?

Once in a blue moon Iím not a complete dolt!

That's the spirit!

You really respect Mills, huh?

Yeah, he seems like a pretty cool guy to me. Not to mention he's one of the few normal guys in the whole game and yet he still hangs out with Garcian, probably the least normal character in the game.
---
#40VisionRing30Posted 12/18/2011 7:15:15 PM
Theyíre just EVERYWHERE, man. A pet peeve of mine for a while now. I used to like them both a lot way back in the day (Hale was on Spidey in the 90s, and Blum I first heard on Bebop) and then they just exploded and every time I turn around theyíre a voice in a game or a show or something. I canít escape Ďem! DRIVES ME NUTS! And they always sound pretty much the same! Both of them have like two stock voices they use, and even those two arenít that different from one another! Let someone else have some voiceover work, you voice hogs!

Ah, I see. I guess I tend not to focus in on voices so much unless they're really distinctive. But if they are in everything, then yeah, that would get annoying fast.

Hehe, god Iím an idiot.

No, it was all the pun's fault!

That would be attempting to give logic to K7 lunacy. I stopped trying to do that a while back.

Don't dismiss logic just yet.

It probably shouldíve, but I didnít think of it til the one in the cafeteria. (shrug)

Ah, I actually don't remember that one as well.

Oh, I never REALLY stopped hating him. I just grew to tolerate him.

I guess that's a step up.

That I honestly didnít put together until you mentioned it just now. MAAAAN IíM AN IDIOT. So not only is your quote from there, but name too. You really love that crazy gameÖ

Yeah, it really is such a unique beast, I can't help but love it.

Though I already have up there, I just wanna say Iíve especially enjoyed your growing more and more nuts over this over time.

Well you kept being so vague about it I wanted to know where those comments were coming from!

This sounds so wrong.

Exactly.

So thatís where he wasÖ

Yeah, I guess people miss him because they don't know what's happening at that point.

Status screen still calls him Garcian, so hah! If youíre gonna be a stickler about all-capsing Mask and Kaede thenÖGarcian!

Oh fine, fine. He might still be calling himself Garcian for all we know.

Well, no. He sounds like an electronic synthesizer. But it does make sense now. I forgot all about him even after playing it!

I meant Kun Lan, or "Kazuya", as you know him. And now you remember!

*END SPOILERS*

Well, it was weird (surprise), but I did end up really enjoying it. The storyís a clusterf***, but on purpose and in a good way. The kind of thing that now that I know certain base information, a replay would probably open up a lot of windows that I havenít been seeing through.

Glad to hear it. Yeah, the story is hard to understand, but purposely so, like you said. Don't be afraid to consult that supplement I told you about if you want more info. And this reminds me of something. My brother has a subscription to Game Informer and their Top 10 thing in the most recent issue involved something about Killer 7. Needless to say, they were way off the mark story-wise, which just made me think about how after all these years, people still don't know what the game was about.

Hell yes.

Of course.

He did in his narration-ish bit! He was thinking it!

Rodrigo doesn't know that!

Itís also a Cute Reference to Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, in which he has one (and it looks hideous).

Spencer just can't get a break.

It means unlike his normal self! HEE-HEE!

He fights ninjas now!
---