Yanni Oblivion's RE2 FAQ Thread *SPOLIERS*

#1YanniOblivionPosted 4/10/2005 2:54:18 PMmessage detail
In an effort to answer some of the frequently asked questions here on the Gamecube RE2 boards, here is is my FAQ thread.....

Q. Where can I get this game in the USA?
A. There were some rumours of a re-release on the cards, but other than that you could try eBay (if you wanna pay $100 for it that is).

Q. How hard is hard mode?
A. There is no hard mode, it was a false rumour started on these boards about two weeks ago. There are only three modes on the Gamecube version: Arrange Rookie, Easy and Normal.

Q. Can you unlock any of the extra modes (Hunk/Tofu, etc) in Arrange Rookie Mode?
A. No, you cannot unlock them in easy mode either. The only way to unlock them is to play through on Normal mode and reach the set requirements.

Q. What determines my final rank on completion of the game?
A. The number of saves, the number of First Aid Sprays used, time taken to complete the game, and if any Special Weapons used

Q. Special Weapons? What are they?
A. Special Weapons refer to the infinite ammo kick ass weapons you unlock by completeing the game with high ranks. For attaining high ranks in playthroughs you can unlock infinite Ammo Sub Machine Gun, rocket Launcher and Gattling Gun, and after being unlocked these can be picked up from the first crate you come across in the Police Station. They each take up two spaces in your inventory. But actually using these Infinite Ammo weapons will drop you a rank in the playthrough you use them in

Q. Do I drop a rank by using the normal limited ammo Sub Machine Gun and Rocket Launcher I find in the game normally?
A. No, as these limited ammo weapons don't count as Special Weapons

Q. What is the highest rank you can get?
A. The highest rank you can get in the USA and Europe versions is an 'A' rank, and in the Japanese version its an 'S' rank. The 'S' rank was mistakingly not taken out of the USA and Euopean manuals.

Q. So the Japanese get an extra rank all to themselves?
A. No, they have the same number of ranks as the USA and European version, but ther ranks go in the order of 'S, A, B, C, D'. The USA and European version ranks go in the order of 'A, B, C, D, E'. We get the same amound and number of ranks, but the Japanese simply have different names for the ranks. Their 'S' rank is the USA and Europe's 'A' rank, their 'A' rank is the USA ans Europe's 'B' rank, and so on.

Q. What is the best normal gun in the game?
A. Overall in my opinion I'd say the best normal weapon would be the Custom Magnum. It deals mega damage, and can take off five or six zombies heads off at the same time if you can get them to line up, hehe.

Q. Is it true that you can play as Chris Redfield?
A. Yes, but only in Extreme Battle mode after he has been unlocked

Q. I've heard that there is a hidden beta gun in RE2, is this true?
A. Yes, and I was actually the person who discovered it in the Gamecube version.

Q. Are you gonna tell me how to get it?
A. No.

Q. Please?
A. No....no.....alright then. You need an Action Replay device. Basically use the 'Have Colt SAA code in crate' code, but instead of going into Claire's game, choos Leon's instead. Then when you reach the first crate take out the Colt SAA item in there and equip it. You now have the gun called the Calico 950. It doesn't work against zombies, but it does work against Lickers. I haven't tested the gun against other opponents yet though.

If anyone has anymore questions then feel free to ask them.

---
Yanni Oblivion - Here to kick bum and squeeze mammery glands
#2ChandooGPosted 4/10/2005 9:53:33 PMmessage detail
good work
but you should add more gameplay FAQ's to it as well
---
Check out the best Resident Evil news source ,
www.planetdreamcast.com/residentevil *fricking awesome site
#3YanniOblivion(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2005 7:34:33 AMmessage detail
Okies, here are some......

Q. The Crocodile, its big, its nasty, and it always kills me. I don't like this happening, can I kill it?
A. Yes, after triggering the scene where he attacks run all the way back to the door where you first entered the room, but on the way examine the gas canister (it will be on the left of the screen), then just as the croc comes around the corner with the canister in its mouth simply fire one bullet from your handgun. No more croc, no more problems.

Q. I wanna change costumes, how do I do it?
A. Simply reach the Police Station in a character's 'A' scenario without collecting any items. Upon doing this the Brad Vickars super zombie will appear outside the police station (in the bit where you go around the back and down the stairs). You can either go inside and get the shotgun before taking him out (recomended), or you can dodge him as he goes to grab you, hoping that he will fall over and grab your leg so you can kick his head off for an easy kill. After killing him examine his body to collect the Special Key. Use this key on the lockers in the save room where you can develop photos. Leon gets two costumes, and Claire gets one costume and a new six-shooter gun.

Q. Lickers own my ass, is there an easy way to take them on?
A. Yes and no. If you have the shotgun or bowgun then they are pretty easy, just aim at the ground when they run to you and shoot them. If you only have a handgun the best bet is to run past them as they deal too much damage for you to risk taking them on with just your handgun. Having siad that you will almost always recieve damage by attempting to run past them

Q. Is Leon S Kennedy in this game
A. No, he isn't at all, its all about a mutated hamster called Fido.......yes of course he is in the game, you silly plonker.

Q. The last boss on the 'A' scenario kicks my ass each time I go against him, any advice?
A. Either have the Sub Machine Gun (both characters) or the Flamethrower (Leon only), and equip them before you activate the elevator. Then as the cutscene takes place hold down R and A so that the instant the cutscene finishes you are already shooting. This way he doesn't get a hit on you at all until he changes into his second form. When he does change into the second form eqip your Magnum (preferably the Custom Magnum) or Grenade Launcher (preferably using Acid Rounds) and just shoot at him as best as possible. Keep shooting and running, but make sure you don't get holed up in a corner. And also remember to check your health after every hit, and heal yourself accordingly, especially if you drop down into caution.

If there are anymore questions feel free to ask them!

---
#4angry potatoePosted 4/12/2005 12:54:33 PMmessage detail
A. Simply reach the Police Station in a character's 'A' scenario without collecting any items.

Don't you have to beat both scenarios on normal before he appears there?
#5YanniOblivion(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2005 1:33:26 PMmessage detail
Q. Don't you have to beat both scenarios on Normal before he appears there?
A. No, you can do this on your first playthrough if you wish. What you are probably referring to is when you do complete both scenarios on Normal it tells you that Brad Vickars appears behind the Police Station if you reach it without collecting any items. Although this is how many people found out about how to get the Special Key, it is not necessary to complete the game even once for it to work.

---
#6ChandooGPosted 4/12/2005 5:54:20 PMmessage detail
one more thing to add. If you were able to get brad and the special key in an A scenario, you'll also find Brad outside in that same place in the following B scenario as well.

Like, if your doing claire A, you got the special key and all, finished the game, made the ending save, and started leon b from it, if you go to the area where you found brad in claire A, you'll meet him again as Leon as well, kill him and you'll get another special key for your second scenario player to change their costume
---
#7YanniOblivion(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2005 1:36:00 AMmessage detail
That is rather kick ass, thanks! I never knew you could do that, I just thought you could only change costumes in the first scenario.

You know what game I'm going to be playing tonight don't you!

---
#8ChandooGPosted 4/14/2005 9:05:51 AMmessage detail
err... space invaders ?
---
#9YanniOblivion(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2005 6:57:57 PMmessage detail
Space Invaders? Pah! I play proper scary games, like Snakes And Ladders.

---
#10ChandooGPosted 4/14/2005 8:22:49 PMmessage detail
SpaCe InvDaeREs Is teH ScarIEsT GaMEs !!

heh
---