This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the famous SO3 Rip off?!?

#21HiroyValestiPosted 1/23/2008 12:15:26 PM
So the chracters should go emo and keep slobbering over the fact that they are data? "I'm not real... what's the point of fighting? What's the point of acknowledging my existence."

Yeah... That would definably make the game better.
---
Star Ocean 3 BTS: 300/300
#22Wolfwood824Posted 1/23/2008 2:37:29 PM
"Value" is not absolute. The "meaning of life" is completely subjective and dependant on the individual. Furthermore, no one chooses how they are born, not even you.

You only consider the SO3 cast's lives to be meaningless because you're looking at it from your perspective (really, going by that logic, the lives of every single videogame character in every game ever made are meaningless; you can't single out SO3 just because they actually come out and SAY that they're videogame characters).

After living all those years with no question as to whether or not they were "real", what would truly be unrealistic is for them to just turn around and say it was all for naught. Regardless of of their universe's origin, Fayt and co. are sentient beings with their own thoughts, feelings, and personalities. That's the idea that they present to you over and over, yet a lot of people don't seem to get it.
---
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
#23ArcadiaLegendPosted 1/23/2008 5:23:19 PM
That's because people hear the plot twist then freak out before actually thinking about what it means for Fayt and the others. I don't see too many people even try to connect anything. They just say the twist comes completely out of nowhere and nothing led up to it. Which is crap. Everything leads up to that point. The entire time on Elicoor is leading up to Fayt's manifestation which is extremely crucial later on. Then meeting Maria and her mission to find Robert Leingod to ask why he did what he did to them. Then you hear the truth behind the research and the powers given to them. Which leads to the final point of them being data. At that point they know why they have these powers and who they must stop in order to survive and prove there own existence. I mean yes, the twist can be pretty shocking your first time through the game but once you think about it, it makes sense. If you actually watch the storyline more than once it's even more apparent.
---
SO3 CPU Tournament: korangar, drkhades(winners!)
I hereby crown thee Fayt Leingod the Ultimate champion(Fayt & Luke fangirl)(Shun=my hero)(I love Ptsygnh)
#24ipodluva(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 9:20:27 AM
So the chracters should go emo and keep slobbering over the fact that they are data? "I'm not real... what's the point of fighting? What's the point of acknowledging my existence."

Yeah... That would definitely make the game better.

Wow, one extreme or the other with you huh fool? LOL

Anyway, yeah I'll admit that the part leading up to the discovery of 4D space and all that was really starting to get interesting. But what was all the time on Elicoor for?! It almost seems irrelevant... But I'm sure it's prolly not, I'm just missing something.
---
Hey Jin! You better not be cheating on me!
(R.I.P Eddie) T~T