This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How important is "No MP Damage"?

#11Matt620Posted 1/25/2008 6:19:45 AM

I said I'm planning on going for Universe soon. I'm just experimenting on my Galaxy file so I can make proper weapons more easily when I play harder difficulties.

Many of the differences between Galaxy and Uni are not going to be solved this way. The best way to experiment with Uni has to do with AGL, not DEF.

I enjoy the game enough to create multiple weapons for everyone, so I'll likely end up making some +30 ATK/DEF weapons and some Raging Anger weapons

That's good, but be careful about Synthesis Materials. They can be hard to find if you're not used to looking for them.

Just going for boots is boring ;p Especially for characters like Peppita who don't need them. Raging Anger is better for Maria as well since the entire point of boots being effective is to turn Berserk off and you don't want to do that with damage dealers

Even when you keep Berserk on, Boots still makes it better. Just because one uses exclusively Boots doesn't mean I'm trying to uber-DEF, it just means durability.
---
-M
#12Lexifox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 9:37:59 AM
Many of the differences between Galaxy and Uni are not going to be solved this way. The best way to experiment with Uni has to do with AGL, not DEF.

Since I'll be using berserk and Raging Anger, I don't plan on relying on DEF ;p But yes, I am aware that enemies on higher difficulties are known for their higher AGL rate.

That's good, but be careful about Synthesis Materials. They can be hard to find if you're not used to looking for them..

I've cleared out Sphere and took notes on where to get them (then realized there was already a FAQ that listed this), and I'm willing to sit back and abuse my X button with the Grab Bag (IIRC, it has gives less types of items, which I assume means that my odds of getting synth materials is higher).
---
Red mages > Blue mages
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." óJanus, speaker of the synod
#13LadysoalluringPosted 1/25/2008 9:55:48 AM
Actually I do take that back. On NTSC version I think I do see a use for Boots if you want to max Peppita's ATK early for using the Healing Dance > Dream Hammer strategy from as soon as Dream Hammer is available ;p She'd need the -3 Fury factor as well though so it'd need to be on a weapon that maxxed ATK with as little BoPs as possible leaving the room for the other factors. Hmmm.
---
The only thing I am guilty of is a lot of love, enthusiasm and being myself. If that's a crime, then it's a cross I'm willing to bear.
#14Lexifox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 10:32:17 AM
Yes, I am familiar that Peppy + Dream Hammer - 3 Fury = love ;p

Wouldn't you just BoP up the weapon until Tri-Emblem has the attack around 5,000 or so, then Raging Anger for the rest?
---
Red mages > Blue mages
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." óJanus, speaker of the synod
#15LadysoalluringPosted 1/25/2008 10:42:37 AM
Yeah - not sure how many BoPs would be needed though.

Efreet Cape comes with two default factors already so if another slot was used for -3 Fury that'd be five remaining slots.

Correction - Peppita + Dream Hammer w/th Roe Tablets/Shielding Devices = love ;)
---
The only thing I am guilty of is a lot of love, enthusiasm and being myself. If that's a crime, then it's a cross I'm willing to bear.
#16Matt620Posted 1/25/2008 11:58:33 AM
Remember, you don't need 8 Boots for max attack. You can get by with three and a Tri-Emblem if you use the ultimate weapon. That saves 4 weapons and an accessory slot for other stuff.
---
-M
#17BlueMage279Posted 1/25/2008 4:57:37 PM
What does Raging Anger do? And does it stack?
---
Leaves from the vine, falling so slow....... Brave soldier boy, comes marching home ~ In Honor of Mako
#18twilightultimaPosted 1/25/2008 5:21:09 PM
Halves your Defense, and raises your attack. I forgot by how much, but I think it was alot.
#19Lexifox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 6:14:43 PM
RA doubles ATK and halves DEF. I'm VERY sure it doesn't stack.
---
Red mages > Blue mages