This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this game is garbage *throws controller @ TV*

#1LuigisBroPosted 1/29/2008 12:45:34 PM
so I'm @ that dungeon where you have to play the flute to those dragon doors, bad enough that I had to use a FAQ since they don't really explain it in the game but I can't get so many of the doors open especially the ones that change colors, so after wasting a few hours getting the tune wrong and facing countless battles I've decided enough was enough, so congrats to Star Ocean 3, I have never gotten so frustrated with a game in such a long time, not gonna waste anymore time on this

---
2008 megatons: PSP DQIX, PS3 #1, MS quits, PS3 gets MH3G & RE5 exclusive, Wii fad over, redesign DS, Wii Fit bombs, Obama
#2ChrisTurkPosted 1/29/2008 1:08:25 PM
A lot of people get frustrated at that part, myself included. Make sure your controller doesn't stick. That tends to be the main issue people have.

Did you like the game otherwise?
---
"Well don't look too forward, or else you'll end up looking back at yourself running full speed sideways!" ~ Nina, Just Shoot Me
#3HiroyValestiPosted 1/29/2008 1:57:58 PM
lol.
---
Star Ocean 3 BTS: 300/300
#4LuigisBro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2008 2:02:47 PM
nah, didn't really like it cause of the way you die from having no MP, it got annoying cause the CPU controlled characters continue to use MP draining moves even when their MP was dangerously low

---
2008 megatons: PSP DQIX, PS3 #1, MS quits, PS3 gets MH3G & RE5 exclusive, Wii fad over, redesign DS, Wii Fit bombs, Obama
#5PandamaarePosted 1/29/2008 2:05:52 PM
Act in a Well Balanced Manner stops that
You probably have Attack with all your Might
---
Grant freedom to this soul bound by flesh!
#6fozzy_bear42Posted 1/29/2008 4:37:01 PM
I never really was bothered by the MP death thing. Very few bosses actually do enough MP damage to kill you before they would HP kill you anyway and those that do tend to die very quickly anyway.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to go through the doors that change to get through that dungeon, you only get some extra (and nice) items, although I might be wrong.

Make sure you've raised the Attack and Defence stats as that can make the AI die slightly less often, although they still aren't good enough to rely on. Alternatively, you could unequip the MP draining moves so they only drain their HP, or use the "Don't use coup de gras" tactic so the AI doesn't use battle skills.
#7PandamaarePosted 1/29/2008 4:46:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8PandamaarePosted 1/29/2008 4:48:59 PM
Yes, all you get is nice equipment and stuff for the changing face doors.
Also just manually control them, and you'll won't die as much if at all on galaxy, until later.

---
Grant freedom to this soul bound by flesh!
#9LuigisBro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2008 6:35:01 PM
ok, went back and gave this another try, turns out that green North door above that save point is wrong, it says "playful" but it opens with the sad song instead :P

---
#10CrossTriggerPosted 1/30/2008 6:39:44 PM
The "Playful" tune is quite depressing actually...

It's light and long by the way.
---
"Did you know you can donate one or all of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Self Esteem Fund for Girls? It's true!"