This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Eh...Is this right?

#1ExtremeGamer936Posted 2/7/2008 12:39:07 PM
in Refining Maria's Dragoon Laser, I eliminated all of the bad factors except one Enemy Def x5, but now i also have two ATK +1000 refinements on the weapon. (i was under the impression that Atk +1000 could not duplicate, but perhaps i was wrong) Is that a glitch?
---
the funniest thing about this sig is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's already too late for you to stop reading it...stupid.
#2MetalGearSolidBoyPosted 2/7/2008 12:41:26 PM
ATK+1000(1) duplicates. That's all it can do.
#3ExtremeGamer936(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2008 12:50:04 PM
oh ok. i always thought it just stayed there and did nothing (i.e. did not duplicate) because thats what happened with all my other weapons.
---
the funniest thing about this sig is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's already too late for you to stop reading it...stupid.
#4FliedpotatoPosted 2/7/2008 3:57:54 PM
Any factor on any weapon, accessory, food, etc. that has a number within a parenthesis () next to it can have SOMETHING happen to it when refined, whether it be duplicated, strengthened, weakened, or changed. The number itself indicates the how many different ways it can be refined. In the case of the ATK+1000(1) factor, it can only be altered in ONE (1) way, which is duplication.
#5dawnquestPosted 2/8/2008 10:16:32 PM

IIRC

1 -- duplicates

2 -- duplicates or modifies

3 -- duplicates, modifies, or removes

#6blackfeather_58Posted 2/9/2008 12:13:04 AM
IIRC

1 -- duplicates

2 -- duplicates or modifies

3 -- duplicates, modifies, or removes

Wrong. The number in parenthesis doesn't tell you what will happen (as it is different for each factor), only the number of events that can occur with a successful refinement.