This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Im thinking about buying this and have some questions

#1NotRegretPosted 2/12/2008 1:46:08 PM
I was told this game was 'stratigic' in what sence is it.
I was told this game had 'very customizable characters'. How so?
#2PandamaarePosted 2/12/2008 2:01:35 PM
I was told this game was 'stratigic' in what sence is it.
You'll die if you just charge in.
You'll likely die if you don't know the enemies moves
Depends on what your weapon holds
You'll die if you can't tell which move is best for that situation.

I was told this game had 'very customizable characters'. How so?
4 costumes except Roger which has a lot more.
Customize weapons
Every weapon has its own graphics, though only one will stay in the battle
say you started with X and you'll switch to Y it'll still look like X
Next battle the weapon graphics will be Y(unless you switched back to Y)

---
Grant freedom to this soul bound by flesh!
#3NotRegret(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2008 2:14:23 PM
So does this mean there are many different stradigies for each situation or just 1 correct 1 for each 1. For instance for the same situation could I find a way to win: without using much magic or relaying a lot on magic or without using a healer. Or will I die if I don't do it 'the correct way'.

How true is the customization? Is there a 'correct' way to customization or many different choices.

Can I form a particular stradigy with my customization or is the best thing just to equip 'the best' stuff.
#4PandamaarePosted 2/12/2008 2:41:45 PM
So does this mean there are many different strategies for each situation or just 1 correct 1 for each 1.
No there are many, some are better than others. You can actually solo with any of the characters, some are harder than others.

For instance for the same situation could I find a way to win: without using much magic or relaying a lot on magic or without using a healer. Or will I die if I don't do it "the correct way".
In the beginning healing is ok, but in late game items are better. Magic isn't good in this game, its more focused on juggling/knockdown/stunlocking overall interrupting the enemy.

How true is the customization? Is there a "correct" way to customization or many different choices.
You can customize whatever way you want, if its effective then its another story
Though most good factors will always be said by most, with a minor difference. Some would put a -3 Fury while others put a MP regeneration.

Can I form a particular strategy with my customization or is the best thing just to equip "the best" stuff.
Some prefer the best weapons while others prefer more slots on their weapons.

---
Grant freedom to this soul bound by flesh!