This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problems with the Golden Curry

#1HakuIcePosted 3/26/2008 4:21:23 PM
I checked the faqs and it said I had to use Fayt, Nel and Mayu(sp) to cook the golden curry(41-47 cost). But when I try to cook it with said characters the things just won't finish, and it can't be the money cause I'd spent 3000 fol on trying to make just one.
#2Renzenku1Posted 3/26/2008 4:40:00 PM
here is the excact info you need;
Price; 63 Fol
People; Mayu, Fayt, Nel/Roger/ depending on where you are Sophia/Peppita
That's all you need you were using to little fol. and don't question me I know ALOT about Star Ocean: TTEOT
---
"That Was Easy!" Fayt after beating Etheral Queen 0_0
#3BlaeuPosted 3/26/2008 5:32:46 PM
I think the golden curry has a rating of 65. Fayt, Nel and Mayu cannot make the golden curry as their skill only adds up to 65, giving you a zero percent chance.

You have the price right after you consider the discounts received from the inventors (63 Fol is the base cost), but you'll need to wait until you have better cooks before you can make it, such as Sophia. Getting the Keen Kitchen Knife will help as well, which isn't too far off after getting Sophia.
#4Alanna82Posted 3/26/2008 5:48:02 PM
^ Mayu gives -30% to cost, topic creator has the right cost.

If you got Adray, use him instead of Fayt. Adray has +30% cost, so the 63 the above poster said is correct for using Adray. Adray, Nel and Mayu only give a 5% chance, but I HAVE done it with that team. If you didnt recruit Adray on disc one, Maria can be used, but only gives a 2 or 3% chance.
---
Happily married to Wiggumfan267 on Valentines day, 2005. "I'm picking the Giants to win" Me 2 weeks ago.
#5AmanoJPosted 3/26/2008 9:42:01 PM
Check this out, if you want:

http://www.crashedweb.com/so3/

I use that calculator for getting an idea of what I am shooting for and what I can/can't do.

I also used Nel, Adray, and Mayu to make it. That gives you a 5% chance, and a ~60-66 for price range. I had previously tried with Nel, Mayu and Fayt, but that only nets a 1% chance and makes it very difficult. I tried that 1% for a very long time and never saw it. Got lucky on the 5% setup, though, and got it after only about 10mins of trying.

---
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in.
#6cassandra365Posted 3/26/2008 11:43:33 PM

HakuIce posted...
I checked the faqs and it said I had to use Fayt, Nel and Mayu(sp) to cook the golden curry(41-47 cost). But when I try to cook it with said characters the things just won't finish, and it can't be the money cause I'd spent 3000 fol on trying to make just one.

This is such an annoying part of Inventing. I think that someone at Tri-Ace screwed up on the EVA rating. The only times I've gotten it is by mistake, AFTER I've already recruited the Killer Chef. By that time, Sophia outranks Rigel anyway because Rigel has a -40% time modifier. The only reason to recruit Rigel is to hear her corny lines at the workshops.

#7PartimeJudasPosted 4/3/2008 9:44:31 PM
If you want to do it the hard way, Fayt, Nel, and Mayu can make the Golden Curry. The previous post noting it as impossible is incorrect. The combined skill levels of these three is 66 which is one above the EVA, so there is a minuscule chance of success. The price for this setup should be 44 or 45 depending on if the round up or down when applying the fol discount from Mayu. Otherwise, I would suggest one of the other above mentioned methods.
---
Not the proud owner of a PSWii60.
Just a happy Wii owner.