This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or with Nel...?

#1cheatermasterPosted 5/27/2011 9:46:38 PM

Were they trying to make it seem like compared to Albel and Roger, Nel seems to be the canon party member? It's just that ever since Fayt, Cliff and Mirage landed on Elicoor, she was there throughout most of the game. I mean I really don't mind, but it feels like they're trying to make it seem like she's canon. Well, maybe they weren't really trying to, but it still feels like because she was with Fayt and Cliff throughout most of the game, it felt like she was more important then Albel and Roger.

Maybe that's why I always seem to have the habit of picking her more then Roger and Albel. I mean I like both of them and have nothing against them. It's just well, given how long Nel has been helping Fayt and Cliff throughout the game up to the end of disc 1, I guess I seem to like having Nel on my party more then Roger and Albel.

#2AmakusaPosted 5/27/2011 10:33:46 PM
Let's put it this way. You don't have to do anything special to get Nel to join your party; you actually have to go out of your way to prevent it.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#3Mad_CartoonistPosted 5/27/2011 11:08:10 PM
Well, by that logic, Peppita also appears to be a canon party member too eh? xD (cuz you have to prevent her from joining)
---
Official President of Sophia Esteed Eternal Fan Club. Current Members: 9
DDFF Flagship Team: Emperor, Prishe, Sephiroth, Kuja, Golbez
#4SynyardPosted 5/27/2011 11:53:15 PM
^^Nothing wrong with that logic. Roger has no relevance to the story, and Albel...while he's (arguably, I guess) more important than Peppita, you have to go out of your way TO get him.

I have more "reasons," but they're really pretty moot points.
---
"Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped."
---Sam Levenson
#5shadow chao 10Posted 5/28/2011 1:53:59 AM
It's stupid that you can't get everyone anyway.

Albel: 'Well I would have joined you...but you've got some little girl with you! Forget it! Clearly you've already used up all your character slots!'
---
The best videogame storylines ever: The Way, Mother 3, The World Ends With You.
#6Mad_CartoonistPosted 5/28/2011 4:41:38 AM
It still thought it was pretty lame to stuff Adray and Mirage down our throat -_-"

The only reason I felt SO1 and 2 are superior to 3 was the recruitment options.
---
DDFF Flagship Team: Emperor, Prishe, Sephiroth, Kuja, Golbez
#7VentusXIIPosted 5/28/2011 5:40:30 AM
I agree with MC, I don't particularly like Mirage (IMO she sucks a lot due to being a carbon copy, and her voice files are horribly low quality!), and Adray is rarely if ever used (he's my joke character xD).
---
285/300 BTs! After a year's worth of trying, finally got FAM!
Awaiting Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D and OoT3D.
#8HiroyNibelungVPosted 5/28/2011 7:20:21 AM
Well, Nel played a vital role in Elicoor's main plot. Albel was there to be beaten and to be taken in as a pet. Roger was just an adventurer. All lose lose relevance in the main story in Disc 2. To me, the only main characters are Fayt, Sophia, Cliff and Maria. Everyone else takes the backseat.

The whole series is like this.. Except for SO4 where all the characters are fixed.
#9AmakusaPosted 5/29/2011 12:02:24 PM
Mad_Cartoonist posted...
Well, by that logic, Peppita also appears to be a canon party member too eh? xD (cuz you have to prevent her from joining)

Peppita is like Noel in SO2; he does the exact same thing in that game as Peppita does in this (you use them for a while, then they ask to go with you). The game doesn't make you take them. SO3, unlike SO2, forces you to take one of them no matter what choice you make. You either consciously go after it or you make no decision whatsoever, with the latter guaranteeing you Nel in your party.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#10SophiaMagicGirlPosted 5/29/2011 11:41:22 PM
^ That's a good point ^_^''
---
"Hoshi no Umi wo Wataru~" - START (SO2SE OP)