This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about plot twist *spoilers*

#1mr_rush101Posted 5/15/2012 10:54:21 PM
I haven't played this game in like 5 years but I've read in places that Tri-Ace actually had hints that they were in a video game in previous games of the series. Can somebody point them out or was it just bs?
---
I'm the best
http://i43.tinypic.com/4jrrbd.gif http://i51.tinypic.com/jjvaev.gif
#2Duke DarkwoodPosted 5/17/2012 11:34:02 PM
I haven't played them (YET!), but I heard that hints were retroactively dropped into 1 and 2 - in their PSP remakes.

I do not know if there were any actual hints in the original releases that would indicate that event.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#3blaze19_0XPosted 5/19/2012 12:39:16 PM
The only hints I can think of is Planet Styx being present in Star Ocean 1 and Indalecio/Gabrielle in SO2 wanting to destroy the entire Universe. I guess that could imply the creator of the Video Game wanted to erase it a few hundred years earlier by using Indalecio but failed thanks to the heroes of SO2.

But honestly, the plot twist was probably thrown together at the last minute.
---
www.livestream.com/blaze0x <------MH Livestream
www.youtube.com/blaze0070x <-----MH videos
#4theofficefan99Posted 5/19/2012 7:47:23 PM
I don't see how you can say it was "thrown together last minute" considering Ameena's existence was a HUGE foreshadowing of the plot twist, and that nearly all of Disc 2 revolves around that plot twist.
---
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV
#5Ecclesiastes273Posted 5/19/2012 11:31:18 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I don't see how you can say it was "thrown together last minute" considering Ameena's existence was a HUGE foreshadowing of the plot twist, and that nearly all of Disc 2 revolves around that plot twist.

Nearly all of Disc 2 revolves around the post-game, and how is Ameena a foreshadowing?
---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#6Vir27Posted 5/20/2012 12:11:31 AM(edited)
I can think of a number of works which had dopplegangers but did not turn out to be video games.

"It's a far, far lesser thing I do than before I could reload from the save point."

ALTHOUGH, if you do take this sort of thing for a hint, then didn't the Prince of Cross in SO2 look like Claude?
#7Mad_CartoonistPosted 5/20/2012 1:22:55 AM
How is Ameena is foreshadowing of the Eternal Sphere twist? >_>

She is an under-developed subplot that was meant to make Fayt decides to help Aquaria.
---
Official President of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub
For more info, check out our HQ [http://madcartoonist.wordpress.com/misc/seef/]
#8theofficefan99Posted 5/20/2012 9:48:25 AM
I'm talking about Disc 2's plot, smart one. Jesus.

And about Ameena... are you serious?

This is why Fayt was wondering why Ameena looked and sounded exactly like Sophia. Ameena's like a "re-used asset" or "worthless NPC" created by 4D beings, that's why she looks and sounds exactly like Sophia. It's a good way to foreshadow the plot twist.
---
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV
#9Ecclesiastes273Posted 5/20/2012 1:48:05 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I'm talking about Disc 2's plot, smart one. Jesus.

And about Ameena... are you serious?

This is why Fayt was wondering why Ameena looked and sounded exactly like Sophia. Ameena's like a "re-used asset" or "worthless NPC" created by 4D beings, that's why she looks and sounds exactly like Sophia. It's a good way to foreshadow the plot twist.

Take out the post-game, and almost nothing happens in Disc 2. Were you smart, you could have extrapolated that. Now that we've devolved to name-calling.

If Ameena is foreshadowing, it's half-assed because it's meaningless until you already know what the context is. A nifty thing, but nothing exceptional.

And what M_C said is pretty much it as far as the story itself is concerned.
---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#10theofficefan99Posted 5/20/2012 7:09:34 PM
Why would you even bring in post-game content to a discussion about the game's PLOT? So clearly when I said Disc 2 revolves around that, I meant plot-wise.

And that's what foreshadowing is. It's foreshadowing of a major plot twist, so of course you won't get it until later on.
---