This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting creamed in machine battles, please advise

#11ker_plop(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 1:59:01 PM
The chainsaw robots are the easiest of the three I've run into on Moonbase, and two of them drop about 1300 EXP. That's why I was building up. They're also weak to ice, which I happen to have plenty of.
#12ClaudeLv250Posted 10/7/2012 2:27:24 PM
You definitely need to improve yor comboing and dodging because, believe it or not, the game is just going to get harder from here on. Don't even worry about Peppita at this point; when she joins your party she will be level 1, so she won't be contributing anything anytime soon.

What level is Maria and how good are you with her? She has range + the best sidestep, and most of her early battle skills are remarkably spammable. At her range you are less likely to get stunlocked by machine guns.
---
Once you go Claude, everything else is a Fraud.
#13ker_plop(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 4:17:22 PM
Maria's at Level 32 and I use her to shoot from a distance when I want to preserve my "Triple EXP" bonus. I don't know how to pull off combos with her, though.
#14Mad_CartoonistPosted 10/7/2012 5:15:02 PM
Set Maria's Long Major and Minor to Aiming Device and Cancel Combo from afar. That's one of her safest tactic. IF you nail the timing right, you can even juggle these things. Just make sure no one gets to her while she's chaining.

The chainsaw robots are the only real enemy worthy to fight on Moonbase. Anything else is more trouble than they're worth.
I suggest you quickly go through this area as better and easier leveling spots becomes available after that.
---
President of the [SEEF] Club. Members: 25
Read my fictions at M_C's Insane Blog [http://wp.me/2gBDt] (See 'quote' for more info)
#15XRhinehartXPosted 10/7/2012 9:35:45 PM
Except the problem is he's getting pwned by the Proclaimer, so he has to power level here in order to continue in his game.

That being said, Side Kick, Aiming Device and Hammer of Might are the best battle skills for you to be spamming at this point. Learn how to do cancel combos (minor normal attack, minor battle skill, major battle skill, minor battle skill, major battle skill, lather, rinse, repeat until fury runs out [use Berserk at all times]).

Maria should be using short Scatter Beam chains and long Aiming Device chains, Cliff should use short Hammer of Might chains and Fayt should use short Side Kick chains. That'll probably really help you get through Moonbase, no matter what level you are/gear you have.

And on an unrelated note, if you're good with Peppita, you can kill anything at level 1. So there, Claude.
#16Mad_CartoonistPosted 10/7/2012 11:20:04 PM
Except the problem is he's getting pwned by the Proclaimer, so he has to power level here in order to continue in his game.

^ Oh, I guess I missed that one >_<

Shouldn't Cliff have Fist of Fury at this point. If it's giving much trouble, there's always FoF stunlocking while Maria safely snipe.
---
President of the [SEEF] Club. Members: 25
Read my fictions at M_C's Insane Blog [http://wp.me/2gBDt] (See 'quote' for more info)
#17LadysoalluringPosted 10/8/2012 12:15:17 AM
" Don't even worry about Peppita at this point; when she joins your party she will be level 1, so she won't be contributing anything anytime soon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_h77Rltj9A

:P

Peppita's about just as good at her default level as Maria is at her's pretty much :P

Besides it only takes two to three battles depending for her to pick up Power Dance at L15/16 which is of tremendous help to NIC teams especially those of new players/those unfamiliar with cancel bonus/chaining, Peppita also has some of the best basic physical attacks in the game and using her w/th Power Dance along with other characters who have good physiicals should help :)
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
#18XRhinehartXPosted 10/8/2012 8:19:01 AM
Ladysoalluring posted...
" Don't even worry about Peppita at this point; when she joins your party she will be level 1, so she won't be contributing anything anytime soon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_h77Rltj9A

:P

Peppita's about just as good at her default level as Maria is at her's pretty much :P

Besides it only takes two to three battles depending for her to pick up Power Dance at L15/16 which is of tremendous help to NIC teams especially those of new players/those unfamiliar with cancel bonus/chaining, Peppita also has some of the best basic physical attacks in the game and using her w/th Power Dance along with other characters who have good physiicals should help :)

^This. Never underestimate Peppita Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_6AvBVxGqU
#19immadbroPosted 10/8/2012 11:03:57 AM
cast protection spell and let fury max out so you can use anti-attack auras then attack them
#20ker_plop(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 1:44:11 PM
Well, I managed to get through Moonbase; the main problem was that I hadn't bought new armor and weapons for a looong time. How embarrassing, huh?

Thanks for all the advice; I'll keep it in mind for the remainder of the game.