This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Ocean 2 VS Star Ocean 3

#31domine_dragonPosted 12/2/2012 4:35:05 PM
Star Ocean 2
#32Generic_PancakePosted 12/2/2012 8:50:26 PM
XRhinehartX posted...
I also miss the pairing endings from 1 and 2. In 3, you could only pair someone with Fayt and that really did disappoint me for a while. Especially since I've only gotten Nel, Peppita, Sophia (more often than not) and the Fayt solo ending. In all of those cases, except the Peppita pairing, I was going for the Maria pairing.

That's not entirely true. There is a Nel and Peppita ending, and an Albel and Roger ending. But in order to get those, you obviously need to choose the right characters. I have the Star Ocean 3 guidebook, and it includes a PA guide that tells you where and when to get them, and what answer is worth how many points with all the characters.

It should also be noted that answers you pick in PAs affect teammates you don't even have yet.

Two paired endings without Fayt isn't a lot, but it's something.
---
I have a life thank you. Or at least I can pretend. SHUT UP D< - Me again lol
I is a ladeh. FCs in profile.
#33Mad_CartoonistPosted 12/3/2012 1:34:32 AM
Generic_Pancake posted...
That's not entirely true. There is a Nel and Peppita ending, and an Albel and Roger ending. But in order to get those, you obviously need to choose the right characters.

I demand a video for that o_o
---
President of the [SEEF] Club | Members: 27
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Viola] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACV] Updated Every Saturday
#34theofficefan99Posted 12/3/2012 7:19:52 PM
Mad_Cartoonist posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
And actually I'm playing SO3 as I type this (well, it's on pause), and perhaps I was just raging from disappointment back then. It's not a bad game, it's just a tedious one, and it's underwhelming in the story department is all.

That's good to hear. And I agree on the underwhelming story department part.
Star Ocean series doesn't have its forte on story department anyway.

I remember really enjoying SO2's storyline, actually. It wasn't the greatest, but I sincerely enjoyed it.

I'm addicted to the Maze of Tribulations.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#35Sun XiaoPosted 12/4/2012 11:17:32 PM
Mad_Cartoonist posted...
That's not entirely true. There is a Nel and Peppita ending, and an Albel and Roger ending. But in order to get those, you obviously need to choose the right characters.

Yup.
---
I, Garyus, will drain your fetid blood, drop by drop ! -Garyus-Dragon Force
#36chrombotPosted 12/9/2012 1:57:37 PM
gh87 posted...
ArtiRock posted...
What twist are we talking about for Star Ocean 2?

*** SPOILERS ***

Probably the twist would be either Rena's true background or the true cause of endless chaos in the underdeveloped planet. However, I don't think subplots, like Rena's, are what people are talking about. Anyway, even both twists in SO2 and SO3 are chilling and mind-boggling.

That's not a twist. A twist is something that comes out of nowhere. You know from the start of the game Rena is not of that world. They add another layer to it, but it's not a surprise to learn she's nedian at all. You also know the sorcery globe appeared and things got more hostile. You learn it's from a different planet, not a big surprise considering how many aliens you're able to encounter at that point.

I think arriving on EN is the biggest twist in SO2. Even playing as Claude you hear there's a big energy source that will collide with Expel. Then suddenly, you find out it's a world.
#37Generic_PancakePosted 12/10/2012 12:49:04 AM
Sun Xiao posted...
Mad_Cartoonist posted...

Yup.

There aren't any videos that I could find, since you would probably only know about it if you had the guidebook and those endings aren't that easy to get and not everyone would film the endings they get. It also severely limits the PAs you are allowed to participate in. I'm going to start working towards them eventually, I'll make my own video at that point. It will be a crappy video, considering I'll be pointing a camera at the screen, but at least it will be there.
---
I have a life thank you. Or at least I can pretend. SHUT UP D< - Me again lol
I is a ladeh. FCs in profile.
#38Gin_DevilPosted 12/11/2012 10:40:31 AM
I didn't really care for two. The only ones I I really like were 1 and 3.
---
official Beldr of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
http://www.backloggery.com/surviving_devil
#39XRhinehartX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 8:52:28 PM
I'm amazed this thread is still alive. I'm currently playing the original Star Ocean now. The blacksmithing system is irritating me and the information provided in the FAQs aren't helping. I got Ratix's best IC sword, but I can't make anyone else's weapons. -rages at the original- And holy crap, Gabriel is weak. I do still like the original, though.

But yeah, Star Ocean's awesome in all of the games.
#40Mad_CartoonistPosted 12/13/2012 8:55:20 PM
XRhinehartX posted...
I'm amazed this thread is still alive. I'm currently playing the original Star Ocean now. The blacksmithing system is irritating me and the information provided in the FAQs aren't helping. I got Ratix's best IC sword, but I can't make anyone else's weapons. -rages at the original- And holy crap, Gabriel is weak. I do still like the original, though.

But yeah, Star Ocean's awesome in all of the games.

I kind of like the original SO1.
It feels a little wonky not being able to move by using the D-Buttons, but it's an interesting game, at least for its time.
Air Slash was stupidly broken back then though.
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal Fan Club (28)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Viola] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACV] Updated Every Saturday