This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle skills leveling up

#1LucytenshiPosted 11/25/2012 10:00:05 PM
Hey, forgive me if this is already very apparent but it's 03:30 in the morning and I can barely keep my eyes open :)

I want to know how can I tell what level my battle skill is AND what increases with each level

Is there a list somewhere

I will give an example what I mean (Please keep in mind I am making up these numbers as an example)

Blade of Fury: 1.0x damage level 1
Blade of Fury: 2.0x damage level 5 increased range
Blade of Fury: 3.0x damage level 10 increased range

you know something that makes it clear when you level a skill

---
If youre committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.Saul
#2Mad_CartoonistPosted 11/25/2012 10:09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the increase is very negligible for each level, and most damage increases capped at 60% increase at level 10....at least I believe that's the number for Dream Hammer.
Some skills get different animations, like Sophia's Fire Bolt having 2, 3, and 4 bolts after a certain level, while Thunder Flare covers more ground. You won't really recognize how big it has gotten. But when you're playing with lv10 for a while and goes back to lv1 in a new round, you can kind of feel the difference in it.

And don't worry. It's about noon here, and I'm sitting around being unproductive while I should have been doing my reports and reviewing GMAT...
---
President of the [SEEF] Club | Members: 26
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Viola] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACV] Updated Every Saturday
#3XRhinehartXPosted 11/27/2012 11:28:28 PM
Blade of Fury's speed increases as you level it, so it's worth maxing, but I generally always max all the battle skills, anyway. Because why not.
#4QuasherPosted 11/29/2012 9:20:57 AM
If a player's not a big fan of grinding or setting up auto-leveling, there's reason not to. Breaking down players into three broad playstyle groups:

1. type that doesn't grind period or only grinds out of necessity

2. type that only wants to grind on things with high payoff

3. type that likes or loves grinding

I'd say leveling Blade of Fury only applies to the third group since there are plenty of specials that outclass it. On the other hand, specials like Scatterbeam and Whirlwind end up turning into top tier moves once they're leveled up. Whirlwind can take a while so I see it mainly for types 2 and 3, but Scatterbeam maxes quickly enough that even type 1s can witness some of its potential.
---
cats are OK - purrr
dogs are OK - wooof
#5XRhinehartXPosted 11/29/2012 12:08:22 PM
Blade of Fury has a lot of uses, even in the postgame. Most commonly, it's used on short minor with Air Raid on short major, but it can also be used with Ethereal Blast if you have enough fury reduction. It's pretty awesome in FAM mode, but that's a long ways away for most people.

Another underrated skill is Cliff's Sphere of Might. It's one of the few skills that are still active once you cancel into another skill from it. Using Sphere of Might on short minor, it becomes unblockable as soon as you cancel into a short major attack (e.g. Fists of Fury). Sphere of Might doesn't really require leveling it up, but I've always maxed it just because I use it from the time he learns it to the very end of the postgame.
#6Demonic_EssencePosted 11/29/2012 11:25:34 PM
Quasher posted...
If a player's not a big fan of grinding or setting up auto-leveling, there's reason not to. Breaking down players into three broad playstyle groups:

1. type that doesn't grind period or only grinds out of necessity

2. type that only wants to grind on things with high payoff

3. type that likes or loves grinding

I'd say leveling Blade of Fury only applies to the third group since there are plenty of specials that outclass it. On the other hand, specials like Scatterbeam and Whirlwind end up turning into top tier moves once they're leveled up. Whirlwind can take a while so I see it mainly for types 2 and 3, but Scatterbeam maxes quickly enough that even type 1s can witness some of its potential.

Mostly number 1 with a little bit of number 2 mixed in......dirty
---
From this point on, all you opinions will be rejected!