This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weapon Synthesis Questions

#1mAkkOneSSPosted 12/4/2012 3:51:10 AM
It's about XRhinehartX's set-ups:

Double EXP Microblaster/Laser Weapon
--------------------------------
+20% EXP acquisition
+20% EXP acquisition
+20% EXP acquisition
+20% EXP acquisition
+20% EXP acquisition (when you get the Laser Weapon at Moonbase, synthesize the first five slots of this and stop it before you get the rest)
Adds water defense (no damage)
+500 ATK
Survive on Fury 50%

I already have the 100% Exp bonus on my laser weapon but why is there an Add water defense? Is it just a filler or is there a special case for that? If not which is a better substitute for it? I'm thinking 3 BoPs instead of water defense and the ori factors.

Also, I was thinking of making this to any weapon (probably veinslay or mythril gauntlets)

+1000 ATK
+30% ATK/DEF
Raging Anger
-3 Fury use
No HP damage 30%
+20% max MP
6% MP recovery
6% MP recovery

So the question is when I get a sphere 211 weapon can I synthesize this weapon directly and remove all negative factors on it or do I have to remove them one at a time while embedding each positive factors rendering this weapon useless at the end?

I'm at the end of the game and preparing for post-game, and just started IC and TBH I find it "quite" challenging not making IC weapons early (barr mtn & moonbase! I got my first game over at barr on the FIRST ENEMY LOL entered while not prepped and BOOM I found myself paralyzed and those stupid dragons pecked me to death DX).
#2hikagesanPosted 12/4/2012 8:22:19 AM
my experience is that you have to remove the negative factors from the weapons you get in S-211, and somehow do it without redundantly adding more Attk+1000 factors. lots of re-starts here :) I usually bdont bother much tho, the weapons I get in MoT see me thru most of S211 and Urssa Cave Temple.
on another note, I usually add the attk+1000 factor from the Imposing Scroll to a Laser Weapon sometime before climbing the Spiral Tower, mostly for use by my control character, in this case almost always Maria, look slike so:
attk+1000
attk+1000
def+100
immunity to freezing
immunity to paralysis
immunity to petrification
attk/def +30%
fury reduction -3%
since she's going with Fayt and Cliff, their Astral armor protects against freeze and petrify plus I always synth an anti-paralysis amulet to their weapons. but this LW will see her thru almost all of the game and post game till I can get the Dragoon Laser.
---
purity is almost always toxic
#3pendellPosted 12/4/2012 8:50:54 AM
I suspect "add water defense" is superfluous. It's useful in the ruins of mosel , though, as some of the water creatures spam "Deep Freeze" as if they had to get rid of it all tomorrow.

You cannot remove negative factors from a weapon by synthesizing: You must remove them by item refinement. That is, selecting "specify plan" from the invention window rather than "original creation".

This is what I do:

1) Save the game .
2) Refine the weapon.
3) If a negative factor has disappeared, save the game and repeat step 2. Otherwise, load the game and repeat step 2. Continue until all factors are removed and we are down to just the one ATK+1000. Also, I will reload if the ATK factor is duplicated.
4) NOW synth on all the positive attributes.

It takes a lot of time, a lot of patience, a lot of materials, and a lot of fol. But it CAN be done. The fol comes from the Gemity arena against the Dragoon Knights. The materials come from Santa Mercantilean on floor 4 of the Maze of Tribulations. The time and patience are my own.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
#4QuasherPosted 12/4/2012 10:46:53 AM
The water defense is probably for the high xp fish monsters in Sphere's bonus dungeon. I think its the fastest way to hit 255 for hard-to-hit, attentive players who don't have bad luck.
---
cats are OK - purrr
dogs are OK - wooof
#5Mad_CartoonistPosted 12/4/2012 5:21:26 PM
Quasher posted...
The water defense is probably for the high xp fish monsters in Sphere's bonus dungeon. I think its the fastest way to hit 255 for hard-to-hit, attentive players who don't have bad luck.

Yes indeed. The fishes on floor 176 of Sphere 211 gave by far, the most EXP in this game, and they use lots of water attacks.
As far as that setup goes, I'm sure that's what he had in mind, but I personally wouldn't recommend it >_>

Personally, I'd actually add 'Add Water Damage' on that EXP Laser Weapon, so I can use it to auto level as well.
If I am grinding for EXP, I normally have a dead character equip it while I fry everything with Sophia's Explosion and let the third guy / gal be my bait.

Also, I'm pretty sure they give slightly less EXP, but Spawns and frogs on floor 186 are stupidly easy enemies to battle.
Spawns don't do anything aside from blowing up at low health. Frogs take forever to reach you. I've literally chained two Meteor Swarms and beat the crap out of all of them before the frog ever reached me.
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal Fan Club (27)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Viola] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACV] Updated Every Saturday
#6mAkkOneSS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 5:24:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7mAkkOneSS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 5:35:38 PM
Mad_Cartoonist posted...

Personally, I'd actually add 'Add Water Damage' on that EXP Laser Weapon, so I can use it to auto level as well.
If I am grinding for EXP, I normally have a dead character equip it while I fry everything with Sophia's Explosion and let the third guy / gal be my bait.

Sorry but would you care to elaborate about Adding water damage for auto-levelling (just curious is all) Personally I was thinking of removing the water defense myself since that can be taken care of by refining blazing pendant to get all elemental absorption and putting in BoPs since extra atk/def is always useful.

I haven't tried any combinations thoroughly before since I made an Uber Fayt set-up immediately after it became available on my first run years ago (literally destroyed the challenge of the game even at post-game).
#8Mad_CartoonistPosted 12/4/2012 5:45:26 PM
Hm. I guess I didn't make it clear, lol.
The auto level I mentioned was supposed to be 'Auto Skill Leveling' not character level, sorry.

The idea is to have a character under AI with Water Attack fight the slime baby on Vanguard 3 and leave the controller on.
Any battle skill that character used will not be able to kill the slime, but will accumulate proficiency towards skill level. Leave the controller on for about two or three hours and come back with the characters with lv10 battle skill :D

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work with elemental battle skills though.
---
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Viola] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACV] Updated Every Saturday
#9mAkkOneSS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 5:55:35 PM
Mad_Cartoonist posted...
Hm. I guess I didn't make it clear, lol.
The auto level I mentioned was supposed to be 'Auto Skill Leveling' not character level, sorry.

The idea is to have a character under AI with Water Attack fight the slime baby on Vanguard 3 and leave the controller on.
Any battle skill that character used will not be able to kill the slime, but will accumulate proficiency towards skill level. Leave the controller on for about two or three hours and come back with the characters with lv10 battle skill :D

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work with elemental battle skills though.

Now that I gotta try! lol XD I was hurrying to finish the main game early so my skill levels are low (except side kick ad scatter shot) heck sophia and peppy are still level 1! That's why I need a good exp boost set-up since they'll SURELY be OHKOed in post game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but skill level are *NOT* affected by exp boost right? So if not, putting them in another weapon still yields the same result since you are fighting an enemy that has a little exp that exp boost is insignificant?
#10Mad_CartoonistPosted 12/4/2012 6:18:45 PM
mAkkOneSS posted...
Now that I gotta try! lol XD I was hurrying to finish the main game early so my skill levels are low (except side kick ad scatter shot) heck sophia and peppy are still level 1! That's why I need a good exp boost set-up since they'll SURELY be OHKOed in post game.

^ For Sophia, she's won't be having any easier time surviving xD
What you will want on her is to give her Convert Damage Preserve HP to make her able to endure a couple of hits while manually taking her out to safety and spam Stunlocking spells from long range.

mAkkOneSS posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong but skill level are *NOT* affected by exp boost right? So if not, putting them in another weapon still yields the same result since you are fighting an enemy that has a little exp that exp boost is insignificant?

^ Yup. Skill Levels increase only through proficiency usages.
You can have Water Attack factor on other weapon if you want.
---