This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tips, tricks, and game breaking techniques to be super overpowered in this game?

#1culture_denPosted 2/5/2013 2:21:40 AM
Finished Star Ocean 1 and 2, had a lot of fun with them, they were a blast to play.

But as always after being super overpowered for so long in a game it's gonna be so annoying to go back to level 1 in an RPG when I held titan-like power over all enemies and bosses.

To remedy that, any methods you know of that usually render the game a piece of cake, to the point where it's just not even worth playing from how absurdly easy it is? No spoilers please :)
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#2Ultima_LordPosted 2/5/2013 4:58:22 AM
Was gonna write a long-ass post that nearly reached the character limit, but I figured I'd spare you and summarize it.

Fayt learns Side Kick at level 15 or so. Set that to every one of his skill slots as soon as you learn it; it's fast, strong, and has invincibility frames.

When you get pretty blue-haired girl in your party, play as pretty blue-haired girl. She's destined for greatness ^_^. Set Aiming Device to long range X and O, and Scatter Beam to short range X and O. Spam that s*** all day every day.

Also look into creating a few Orichalcum and synthesizing them onto a weapon. Maybe even create a Berserker's Pendant (double attack, half def) and use that if you're feeling confident. Pretty much makes the entire game and half of the post game a joke. There's a huge difficulty jump at the end of disc 1 / beginning of disc 2, but even with that, everything should be dying in like 10 seconds.
---
Kanji: But that chick...she is pretty amazing.
Yu: Which chick? Oh right, funbags. - P4 Animation
#3Ecclesiastes273Posted 2/5/2013 6:10:40 AM
Hammer of Might. The attack approaches Shun Goku Satsu lethality while having approximately the safety and practicality of a Zanku Hadouken.

Basically, I'm saying it's an example of a single attack breaking a game. Just name Cliff to Akuma/Gouki and go Hammer of Messatsu on everything. You can even use Aerial Assault as a wannabe Misogi. It's uncanny.

For whatever totally blocks Fire element, that's what Maria and her Scatter Beams are for.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#4alt_realityPosted 2/5/2013 8:12:29 AM
Complete the map for the first forest you go to and get a bunny trophy. Once you go to the next world, complete another map or two for more bunnies. Sell these and buy a Holy Sword from Airyglyph; this is Fayt's strongest weapon for disc one.

If you don't want Maria or Cliff, Nel's Whirlwind is pretty beastly but you need to control her for the full effect. Adray is stupid awesome on disc one since you can make him a weapon even stronger than the Holy Sword as soon as you get him; he also should be controlled for optimal pwnage but he is slow enough that you can multitask with him and another character or two. Albel is just fun, not a DPS god by any means but he is mostly immortal with his current build on my Universe mode file. You need to control him for him to be the most useful, meaning you should probably not take both Nel and Albel. If you want to easily break the game Peppita learns Power Dance at Level 15, but you don't get her until the second disc.
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#5HiroyNibelungVPosted 2/5/2013 10:41:13 AM
Orichalcum. That is all.
#6BxR_OverlordPosted 2/5/2013 1:35:28 PM
HiroyNibelungV posted...
Orichalcum. That is all.

^^^

And for post game - 8 Boots of Prowess. Synth equip. Suddenly: 5000 defense
---
Something witty.
#7pendellPosted 2/5/2013 2:23:34 PM
Moar game breaking:

Peppita's power dance overpowers all other characters for its duration.

Maria. Aiming device on both long slots and scatter beam on both shorts is her starting setup and it's one of the best, maingame or postgame. cancel chains of scatter beam wipe out just about anything, given a sufficiently powerful weapon. Aiming device inflicts MP damage and confusion from a distance.

Maria is a blue-eyed killer.

Also: When you have a laser weapon stick on some factors like this:
6x ATK + 500 (from orichalcum)
This gives you 3600 ATK. Add a refined ring of might and even a level 1 character can have 9999ATK.

I think some here have found that raging anger stacks with ring of might, so
ATK +1000
on a laser weapon gives ATK 1600.
Wear a berserker pendant to double attack to ATK 3200.
Add a refined ring of might to get ATK 9600. At level 1.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
#8DarkFlip22Posted 2/6/2013 6:29:16 AM
BxR_Overlord posted...
HiroyNibelungV posted...
Orichalcum. That is all.

^^^

And for post game - 8 Boots of Prowess. Synth equip. Suddenly: 5000 defense

For some reason I can never reach 5000 Def with a synthesized equipment of 8 BoP and 2 accessories of BoP, and I had my characters max leveled. Only Characters that gave me over 5000 DEF is Fayt and any female that has Valkyrie Garb on.

Always seem to get like 4935 def or something with Cliff and Albel Def base/growth rate is insufficient.
---
Down+Down-Forward+Forward+Punch = "The Hadouken"
#9Ultima_LordPosted 2/6/2013 9:37:03 AM
DarkFlip22 posted...
For some reason I can never reach 5000 Def with a synthesized equipment of 8 BoP and 2 accessories of BoP, and I had my characters max leveled. Only Characters that gave me over 5000 DEF is Fayt and any female that has Valkyrie Garb on.

Always seem to get like 4935 def or something with Cliff and Albel Def base/growth rate is insufficient.

I thought only Fayt, and maybe Cliff / Mirage could break 5k.
---
Kanji: But that chick...she is pretty amazing.
Yu: Which chick? Oh right, funbags. - P4 Animation
#10XRhinehartXPosted 2/9/2013 12:10:43 PM
Ultima_Lord posted...
DarkFlip22 posted...

I thought only Fayt, and maybe Cliff / Mirage could break 5k.

Yup. Also, since Mirage can equip the Valkyrie Garb...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srYcnF3w-Gs