This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tips, tricks, and game breaking techniques to be super overpowered in this game?

#11LadysoalluringPosted 2/9/2013 3:34:48 PM
Every character except Sophia and I think maybe Adray can get uber DEF on Galaxy thanks to Protection, I've took 0s with Peppita vs Freya as well, definitely possible with her. Not really worth it for damage queens like Peppy and Maria though Berserk has to be turned off so they can't cancel spam to massive DPH/S. Better with Roed Hammer, etc probably. The exception might be Peppita's short O/counter spam with Stun or something but that doesn't work so well for me vs Freya, well I haven't tried Stun yet just short O which misses a lot due to Freya's small hit box size xD
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
#12culture_den(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:59:12 PM
Guys guys, I'm only at Peterny... I understood none of that.
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#13Mad_CartoonistPosted 2/10/2013 12:37:44 AM
Most of the stuffs mentioned are post-game stuffs, lol, so don't worry that you don't understand them now.

Here's a number of basic ways to break the game for disc 1:

1) Get enough money and buy Holy Sword or Osprey Daggers for Fayt or Nel respectively.
These are really powerful weapons for disc 1, and chances are you don't need to change your weapon for a while after getting these.

2) Play Cliff. Spam Hammer of Might. Period.

3) Look at this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9CHQtAlREg&list=FLR5exGA-y4rqGnGqSzsg_AA&index=40
And other ones in the series to see a list of items you should create when available. These items are really good by the time you can create them, and on harder difficulties, they are life saviors. On lower difficulties, they are overkill.

4) Once you get a character named Maria, have Scattered Beams on her short range attacks and spam them.

5) Once you get an item called 'Ring of Disintegration' (around near the end of disc 1), you will be able to destroy obstacles. Retrack to old dungeons and explore, destory any obstacles that have been blocking you. Not only you get items you missed, you can take this chance to map the old dungeons for Scale Bunnies and sell them for hefty fol. It's a little tedious, but for new players, you will want to have those fol around the beginning of disc 2. Trust me.
I normally have 850k fol by the end of disc 1.

This should get you overpowered through disc 1 w/o any trouble.
Oh yes, ignore all other accessories for main to near end game and just stick with Regeneration Symbols (can be farmed from Skeleton Soldiers in Airyglyph Aqueducts or bought from Ruddle after completing his sidequest. Check the FAQs). Other accessories's benefits are wayyyyy too negligible unless refined and stacked together (which cost you heck a lot. Do that in post-game.)
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal Fan Club (28)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Auria] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACA] Updated Every Saturday
#14Shun Goku SatsumaPosted 2/10/2013 10:06:38 AM
Point blank scatter beams is pretty overpowered compared to how simple it is.
---
*excessiveMariaworship*
(I vouch ArcadiaLegend as the best Fayt Fangirl there is!)(Lady: "OMFG ... my lil bro' .... is ASIAN!!!")
#15zhaoyun99Posted 2/14/2013 10:45:00 AM
Ultima_Lord posted...
DarkFlip22 posted...
For some reason I can never reach 5000 Def with a synthesized equipment of 8 BoP and 2 accessories of BoP, and I had my characters max leveled. Only Characters that gave me over 5000 DEF is Fayt and any female that has Valkyrie Garb on.

Always seem to get like 4935 def or something with Cliff and Albel Def base/growth rate is insufficient.

I thought only Fayt, and maybe Cliff / Mirage could break 5k.

Maria can too (If you consistent have 2 defenses increase for each lv combine with defense beries)
Albel can too since his own Dragon Leather got a hell lot Defense. His highest defense rate was 3 so that wouldn't be a problem
Let's not forget about Roger. He can equip the same armor as Fayt and Cliff.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#16legendmusketeerPosted 2/14/2013 12:53:05 PM(edited)
EDIT: Fayt, Cliff, Mirage, Nel, Roger, and Albel can all reach 5000+ defense without Protection. The other 4 cannot.

Been awhile. <_<
---
LM
#17801322Posted 2/14/2013 10:19:07 PM
zhaoyun99 posted...
Ultima_Lord posted...
DarkFlip22 posted...
For some reason I can never reach 5000 Def with a synthesized equipment of 8 BoP and 2 accessories of BoP, and I had my characters max leveled. Only Characters that gave me over 5000 DEF is Fayt and any female that has Valkyrie Garb on.

Always seem to get like 4935 def or something with Cliff and Albel Def base/growth rate is insufficient.

I thought only Fayt, and maybe Cliff / Mirage could break 5k.

Maria can too (If you consistent have 2 defenses increase for each lv combine with defense beries)
Albel can too since his own Dragon Leather got a hell lot Defense. His highest defense rate was 3 so that wouldn't be a problem
Let's not forget about Roger. He can equip the same armor as Fayt and Cliff.

i always found it strange how roger can equip heavy armor but albel cant