This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Between Albel and Nel, which character is controlled better by the CPU?

#1Fa1nTyPosted 2/13/2013 8:39:10 PM
I want to run through the game again (after years), and will try Universe Mode this time.

My favorite to control characters are Maria and Cliff (yes generic OP master race tier).

The last time I played I used Fayt, but besides Side Kick and early MP kills with his blade buffs, he was pretty boring until ethereal blast and Dim Door/Air Raid

Between Fayt / Nel / Albel, in the fights against Ethereal Queen and Freya (which I have never actually done yet), who would be best when controlled by the CPU?
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#2blackfeather_58Posted 2/13/2013 8:43:41 PM
Out of the three, Fayt is the best. That said, you probably wouldn't notice any difference between them in performance against those two bosses.
---
Fantasy Heaven
steam://friendsadd/76561198069687663
#3AmakusaPosted 2/13/2013 11:19:32 PM
It depends on what skills you give them, but I would expect both of them to die a lot.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#4Mad_CartoonistPosted 2/14/2013 3:41:36 AM
IMO, they are equally awful. But if I have to choose, I'd go with Nel using slight micromanage with Whirlwind.
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal Fan Club (28)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Auria] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACA] Updated Every Saturday
#5pendellPosted 2/14/2013 7:07:30 AM
I would say Nel does better under CPU control, as Albel seems to require manual control to get the most out of his skills.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
#6alt_realityPosted 2/14/2013 8:11:20 AM
Nel is kind of one dimensional... you either give her Whirlwind or have her be lackluster and that requires you to switch over to her every now and again and she died a lot.

Albel on the other hand functions pretty well for me on AI with short X Hand of Doom and short O Vampiric Flash. If you can make time to switch over to him every now and again and give him a nudge in the right direction by dropping a Vampiric Flash (preferably cancelled), he will keep it up as long as he has fury.

Then again I'm kind of biased since Albel is my favorite but I really didn't care for Nel on AI.
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#7xSylpheedPosted 2/19/2013 1:15:10 PM(edited)
Nel's AI can handle Charge > Mirror Slice without any problem, and it's way stronger than anything Albel can do even player controlled.

Nel's AI isn't that horrible, it's her hit animation that makes it a really bad idea to put her on AI. She'll just get killed constantly because her recovery is so poor from being hit, and the AI doesn't know how to avoid attacks. Otherwise it's pretty okay at canceling some of her better skills. Just don't expect it to use Flying Guillotine, and if you want her to use Whirlwind you have to set it up yourself.

Albel just has no good skills, and the "okay" skills he does have the AI can't use properly.

edit: Fayt is better on AI than either of them, but against super bosses it doesn't matter a ton.
#8WayWardFelixPosted 2/20/2013 9:28:34 AM
Between JUST the two...albel lives longer.especially with a build...In MY opinion.
---
I like this sig (._. )
#9alt_realityPosted 2/22/2013 8:57:35 PM
xSylpheed posted...
Nel's AI can handle Charge > Mirror Slice without any problem, and it's way stronger than anything Albel can do even player controlled.

Nel's AI isn't that horrible, it's her hit animation that makes it a really bad idea to put her on AI. She'll just get killed constantly because her recovery is so poor from being hit, and the AI doesn't know how to avoid attacks. Otherwise it's pretty okay at canceling some of her better skills. Just don't expect it to use Flying Guillotine, and if you want her to use Whirlwind you have to set it up yourself.

Albel just has no good skills, and the "okay" skills he does have the AI can't use properly.

edit: Fayt is better on AI than either of them, but against super bosses it doesn't matter a ton.

I'll have to give Charge > Mirror Slice a try on my next run (though... that'll probably be a long time from now). I really do like Nel; I just couldn't make her work with Albel and I like Albel more. Mirror Slice is the super long hit combo, isn't it?

Vampiric Flash begs to differ. I really enjoy knocking down a group of enemies with Hand of Doom then canceling to Vampiric Flash, then switching to another character and watching Albel continue to suck the life out of everything. If you have freezing or paralysis on his weapon, it's even more beastly. Oh yeah, did I mention the part where it fully heals him every time he uses it when you get it to be powerful enough? -50% Battle Skill MP Use and +12% MP Regen makes it eventually useable every time your MP regens which... is pretty often.

Plus Aura Wall for stunlocking is single-target Cliff caliber (or so I'm told).
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#10zhaoyun99Posted 2/23/2013 1:06:04 PM(edited)
alt_reality posted...
xSylpheed posted...

I'll have to give Charge > Mirror Slice a try on my next run (though... that'll probably be a long time from now). I really do like Nel; I just couldn't make her work with Albel and I like Albel more. Mirror Slice is the super long hit combo, isn't it?

Vampiric Flash begs to differ. I really enjoy knocking down a group of enemies with Hand of Doom then canceling to Vampiric Flash, then switching to another character and watching Albel continue to suck the life out of everything. If you have freezing or paralysis on his weapon, it's even more beastly. Oh yeah, did I mention the part where it fully heals him every time he uses it when you get it to be powerful enough? -50% Battle Skill MP Use and +12% MP Regen makes it eventually useable every time your MP regens which... is pretty often.

Plus Aura Wall for stunlocking is single-target Cliff caliber (or so I'm told).

Albel with VF setup can easily manipulate just like EB Maria. Now, if you have Sophia's Bloodscyttar, you can enjoy the show more than you could. Nel have overall better skill than Albel BUT her main damage dealer "Whirlwind" suck in Post game (Though some weak wind bosses still get killed with it pretty easily). Mirror Slice and Divine Wrath were just like Arcobatic of Cliff. It's long and didn't stunt lock much despite the damage they did. I usually use Albel manually rather than using his AI but VF was pretty sweet sometime.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun