This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to use Fayt's Dimension Door? I don't think I'm doing it right.

#1culture_denPosted 2/14/2013 5:30:09 AM
It sucks up all my fury, what is it supposed to do for me in return? I can't seem to work it out.
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#2pendellPosted 2/14/2013 8:05:34 AM
Here's how *I* use it.

side kick -> short minor
air raid -> short major
dimension door -> long minor.

BATTLE starts.

Me on one end of field, bad guy on the other end.
1. Dimension door -- instant teleport across field and hit the guy from behind, sometimes paralyzing as well
Cancel to
2. 175% Air Raid -- adds damage to what dimension door started.
cancel to
3. 200% side kick
cancel to
4. 250% air raid.

At this point my fury is expended.

The only problem is that you need a big opponent who's hard to knock down to get the full effect. Otherwise some of the hits will miss as that first air raid will knock a medium-sized opponent down, getting up just in time to get hit by the tail end of the second air raid.

If you don't have the fury to do this, it may be because you do not have the BERSERK tactical skill enabled. This increases attack power and decreases fury use at the cost of decreasing your DEF.

Dimension door can also be used
short minor->DD
short major -> air raid.

But it works best on the minor slot, as for me its great value is in the teleportation, not in the actual damage. On the major slot it takes too much fury and you already have to be in melee range with the bad guy, making the teleportation pointless.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
#3Mad_CartoonistPosted 2/14/2013 8:28:31 AM
From what I know, holding the button that initiates DD makes Fayt creates an energy field that constantly damage his enemies, occasionally paralyzing them.
This can be used for crowd controlling.
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal Fan Club (28)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Auria] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACA] Updated Every Saturday
#4zhaoyun99Posted 2/14/2013 11:34:54 AM
DD is a PERFECT TOOL for normal enemies. However, beware of its inconsistent hitbox after the aura hit the enemies, my tip was that don't release it immediately after like 0.5 second to unleash the strike.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#5culture_den(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:33:46 PM(edited)
I wish it would damage the enemies around me actually. I keep getting interrupted, so much for crowd control...

By the way I'm at Styx and I'm getting my butt kicked dammit, what's with the sudden difficulty spike. If I interrupt the angels then I can beat them easily, but I give them one second of leeway and bam they do a bunch of spells that continuously attack.

I just don't know why Cliff and Maria aren't being more aggressive and stopping them from doing that; both their attack is 10 max. I think I might have to turn off Maria's stupid support spells because she keeps doing powerup and angel feather when I just want her to do scatter beam or the other ones I gave her.

And was I supposed to have Nel in my part? I have Albel who butted in during the Vendeeni exchange and the Kirsla Training Facility. I don't even like the dude he's such a tool, I wanted Nell who I didn't even get to say a proper goodbye to back on disc 1. I mean she's probably busy serving her majesty but if I was supposed to get her that would have been awesome. Not that I'll use her, I'm sticking to Fayt/Cliff/Maria the whole game, but I just want to see her in cutscenens because I like her personality. Pretty strong female, not overdone or overblown personality, awesome all around.
---
#6pendellPosted 2/14/2013 2:30:19 PM
"By the way I'm at Styx and I'm getting my butt kicked dammit, what's with the sudden difficulty spike. If I interrupt the angels then I can beat them easily, but I give them one second of leeway and bam they do a bunch of spells that continuously attack. "

If this is your first playthrough I would recommend avoiding combat on Styx -- there is no mandatory combat on Styx. When you have more experience, you can use it as a levelling-up area.

"I just don't know why Cliff and Maria aren't being more aggressive and stopping them from doing that; both their attack is 10 max."

Because nothing stops the STUPID ai from starting off their attacks with a long major. When fighting proclaimers (the proper name for the angels), I recommend keeping your characters under manual control.

" I think I might have to turn off Maria's stupid support spells because she keeps doing powerup and angel feather when I just want her to do scatter beam or the other ones I gave her."

This is an EXCELLENT idea.

"And was I supposed to have Nel in my part?"
IF you don't have Peppita in your party, you can still recruit her. But on to that in a minute ..

Yes, the reason Albel is in your party is because you had cutscene in the Peterny inn with him. He asked if you hated him. You said no. So he saves your life.

If you had avoided that cutscene -- by not spending the night in the peterny end when Albel is in your party -- and you also avoided the cutscene with roger in surferio, then Nel will rescue you at Kirlsa instead of Albel, and she'll be in your party for the rest of the game.

How to get her again? I guess it's a minor spoiler, but at some point later in the game travel to the different planets at will will be unlocked ,as is typical in most JRPGs. At this point you can return to Elicoor and speak to Nel in her room in the castle in Aquios. She will ask if you'll stay awhile. Tell her you've no time to relax. If you do this AND Peppita is not in your party, she will join you for the rest of the game.

If you have Albel and Nel already, you have chosen your optional characters and are stuck with them for the rest of the game. There's always next playthrough!

Respectfully,

Brian P.
#7zhaoyun99Posted 2/14/2013 2:44:25 PM
culture_den posted...
I wish it would damage the enemies around me actually. I keep getting interrupted, so much for crowd control...

By the way I'm at Styx and I'm getting my butt kicked dammit, what's with the sudden difficulty spike. If I interrupt the angels then I can beat them easily, but I give them one second of leeway and bam they do a bunch of spells that continuously attack.

I just don't know why Cliff and Maria aren't being more aggressive and stopping them from doing that; both their attack is 10 max. I think I might have to turn off Maria's stupid support spells because she keeps doing powerup and angel feather when I just want her to do scatter beam or the other ones I gave her.

And was I supposed to have Nel in my part? I have Albel who butted in during the Vendeeni exchange and the Kirsla Training Facility. I don't even like the dude he's such a tool, I wanted Nell who I didn't even get to say a proper goodbye to back on disc 1. I mean she's probably busy serving her majesty but if I was supposed to get her that would have been awesome. Not that I'll use her, I'm sticking to Fayt/Cliff/Maria the whole game, but I just want to see her in cutscenens because I like her personality. Pretty strong female, not overdone or overblown personality, awesome all around.

What kind of enemies? Gun enemies can interrupt but with DD crowd control, I have little no effort to win the fight while 99% I never got interrupt while doing DD for normal enemies. Boss is immune to the stun ability but not normal enemies. What's your setup?
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#8Mad_CartoonistPosted 2/14/2013 5:16:09 PM
culture_den posted...

Set their Tactics to Attack w/ all your might and turn off the spells for Maria. That should help.

culture_den posted...
what's with the sudden difficulty spike.

^ Poor design. You'll get used to it.
If you find yourself having too much trouble with an encounter, don't worry about it.
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal Fan Club (28)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Auria] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACA] Updated Every Saturday
#9culture_den(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:21:54 PM
I'm sticking with a Fayt/Cliff/Maria for the entire game and possibly post game if I feel like continually playing.

I don't know what kind of accessories to give. Cliff and Maria have symbols of courage on both slots. Fayt has warrior symbol and another warrior-esque symbol type accessory.

I didn't bother with item creation because it just looks so confusing. I'm not even talking about experimenting, I just want the exact steps to perform to get the ultimate weapons, armor, and accessories in one go.

I like high speed and high attack; if I hit first, I want it to be one-hit kills. I like being overpowered, that's my gaming style. I don't do "tanks" and strategy and whatnot. I like to hit hard and fast. I don't want my opponent to have even the slightest chance to throw their own attack at me, I like to completely decimate them.

As for skills, I've been slightly addicted to trying to get them all to max. It's why I have dimension door and air raid on Fayt instead of side kick since I already maxed that out.

For Cliff it's aerial assault and fist of fury. Maria I've maxed out scatter beam so now I'm thinking of maxing out pulse blast, triple kick, and magnetic field. Magnetic field seems cool, and I've heard that pulse blast at level 10 is strong. And that triple kick is also strong.

If I increase the skill level of power up spell, does it increase how much power it gives me, or simply just the duration?
---
#10blackfeather_58Posted 2/14/2013 7:45:16 PM
Power Up increases ATK by 50%. Skill mastery only increases the duration of the spell.
---
Fantasy Heaven
steam://friendsadd/76561198069687663