This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would you do?

#1hikagesanPosted 8/6/2013 8:15:23 AM
considering, IF you could start the game with any 1 item, any at all, what would your choice be???
Mine would be the start with the Ring of Dinintegration. true, there's no weapons or anything to be had from hidden chests, but to think of getting all the map prizes from every area the first time thru, just so I don't have to go back to some of these areas.
and to have the Bunny Shoes from the chest in Coffir, not to mention the 2 chests of fol.
---
yeah, whatever
#2801322Posted 8/6/2013 2:40:48 PM
i would have all characters at lvl 255 if that counts
#3zhaoyun99Posted 8/6/2013 2:54:37 PM
One of the IC weapon for either Fayt or Cliff or Maria.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#4XRhinehartXPosted 8/6/2013 3:16:05 PM
I have to agree with the original poster here. Starting off at the max level would just make the game boring. I do wish Star Ocean had New Game+, though. I always wanted to accumulate more Sphere 211 weapons. Why does Star Ocean 3 have to be the only one (or the first, Iunno) without item duplication? And, yes, I'm aware of Loot Item, but I suck at it.
#5Mad_CartoonistPosted 8/6/2013 6:01:44 PM
Can i choose to have Sophia instead of Fayt >_>?
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub (30)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Sophia] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACS2] Update Every Saturday
#6Old_ButlerPosted 8/6/2013 6:54:31 PM
Mad_Cartoonist posted...
Can i choose to have Sophia instead of Fayt >_>?

Lady Sophia is not the item, Master Roke!
---
Would you like some tea, Sir/Mdm?
#7Ecclesiastes273Posted 8/6/2013 9:26:45 PM
Not much of an argument for anything besides the Ring of Disintegration. It's not even a fair question with that sort of item in the game.

Loot Item sucks in general. Only real point is for additional Valkyrie Garbs.

New Game Plus would have rocked, especially if they gave you options on what to keep. Transferring Skill Usage? Yes please. Revert everyone to a starting level of 1? Oh yeah. Keep your 15CP from scratch? Hell yeah, son, check that 100atk Ethereal Blast.

The Tales of series does an amazing job with their New Game Plus. Not only can you retain various data, you can purchase various unique perks like extra item capacity or different leveling rates. Just imagine what +5 CP would have done to this game, or an option to Cancel Combo any ability. Explosion Chain Fayts and Common Attack Symbol chains, oh my!
---
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite
#8LiquidGearSolidPosted 8/6/2013 10:37:35 PM
A maxed-out Tri-Emblem.
---
--- "SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!" - Liquid Snake, MGS1 ((NVBM)) ---
#9Ecclesiastes273Posted 8/7/2013 6:10:55 PM
Victory Trophy trounces the Tri-Emblem. Freezing, casting speed, same Attack Decision, and a fireworks factor for whenever something manages to not be crippled in two hits, doubly so with an Airyglyph weapon. Elemental reduction never saved anyone who deserved it, and Incapacitation protection is beyond gimmicky in an action RPG.

If brute force is what you want, grab an Airyglyph weapon ASAP and unleash hell.
---
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite
#10HaileyCatPosted 8/9/2013 8:11:48 AM
YEAH!! a New-Game+ like they had for FFX-2 would be great, even if they did re-set character levels to 1, you'd still get to keep everything you had in inventory.
an item tho......? yeah, the RoD would be nice but what would happen when you go see Vanilla? wouldn't the game F-up then? my choice would be to have the Santas Boots. that way, you have all of the main game to try for 3 Tri-Emblems. not to mention the other cool stuff you get that you could sell for fol as well. and a dependable source of synth materiels :-) so you could leave the synths in chests where they are for later.