This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would you do?

#11hikagesan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 8:04:26 AM
IDK Haileycat, having 3 Tri-Emblems in main game would be a bit much. maybe get the Grab Bag instead? true, it does provide Fayt with stat boosts, but the only really useful thing you get from it is the Rabbits Foot.
---
yeah, whatever
#12Ecclesiastes273Posted 8/15/2013 10:10:44 AM(edited)
The only reason to have a Tri Emblem in Disc 1 is to kill things instantly, which Airyglyph weapons already do quite well enough for along while. On the other hand. Victory Trophy allows for instant murder against most of the game regardless of your damage. It also makes every character drastically better, not just your physical hitters.

Besides, if you really want/need raw damage endgame to circumvent Freeze immunity, that's what Orichalcum is for.
---
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite
#13zhaoyun99Posted 8/15/2013 1:26:45 PM
I would say how about the reset level kind of Wild Arms 5? Your level still got reset but still retained the stat that was leveled up in the last playthrough including the stats that was power up by item.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#14l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 8/18/2013 2:30:09 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...

The Tales of series does an amazing job with their New Game Plus. Not only can you retain various data, you can purchase various unique perks like extra item capacity or different leveling rates. Just imagine what +5 CP would have done to this game, or an option to Cancel Combo any ability. Explosion Chain Fayts and Common Attack Symbol chains, oh my!

Speaking of Tales, which would you recommend for somebody new to the series and only has a PS2 and 3DS?
---
I am fully aware that my username is stupid.
In my defense, I made it when I was 14. I, too, was pretty stupid back then.
#15Mad_CartoonistPosted 8/18/2013 4:26:02 PM
I have good experiences with Tales of the Abyss at least with the battle system (which should be avail for you on both consoles).
I dont know about others, but 2D scrolling of older Tales games are just unplayable for me.
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub (31)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Sophia] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACS2] Update Every Saturday
#16XRhinehartXPosted 8/18/2013 5:42:38 PM
Mad_Cartoonist posted...
I have good experiences with Tales of the Abyss at least with the battle system (which should be avail for you on both consoles).
I dont know about others, but 2D scrolling of older Tales games are just unplayable for me.

Tales of Eternia still has a special place in my heart. Probably 'cuz it was the first one I played, but it was still great. Only game to feature a bonus dungeon I couldn't beat. But I do agree with your Tales of the Abyss recommendation. That is a great game. Wish I still had my copy of it.
#17l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 8/18/2013 6:28:32 PM
Awesome, thanks.
---
I am fully aware that my username is stupid.
In my defense, I made it when I was 14. I, too, was pretty stupid back then.
#18hikagesan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 8:30:41 AM
Mad_Cartoonist posted...
Can i choose to have Sophia instead of Fayt >_>?

hey fan-boy! :P geez, I bet you have a blow-up doll at home dressed up in a Sophia Esteed cosplay outfit.
---
yeah, whatever
#19BSBladeSwordmanPosted 8/23/2013 5:03:36 PM
I would choose to start with the Enigmatic Scroll, so i could teach Maria energy burst, the best move in the game, as soon as she joins my team.
---
You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive! I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!
#20Mad_CartoonistPosted 8/23/2013 6:59:46 PM
hikagesan posted...
hey fan-boy! :P geez, I bet you have a blow-up doll at home dressed up in a Sophia Esteed cosplay outfit.

Nope. But I have a small Sophia Esteed figure standing on my desk :D
Oh, and a poster of her on the ceiling above my bed.
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub (31)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Sophia] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACS2] Update Every Saturday