This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

playing 4d mode with 1 hand

#1BSBladeSwordmanPosted 8/15/2013 3:37:30 PM
i broke my arm about a month ago and now i'm playing through this game on 4d difficulty. i've already played throught it several time but never played 4d mode so last year i finally earned enough battle trophies to play on this difficulty and began playing 4d mode. got about halfway through disc 1 then put it away and stopped playing for whatever reason. anyway about a week before i broke my arm in a car accident i started paying this again and so i decided i'm ot gonna let my injury hold me back from finishing this game so i've been playing 1 handed (only using my right hand) and now i'm well into disc 2. just passed the sphere company part of the game now back on elicoor. my team is fayt, cliff and maria. maria is my leader.
---
You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive! I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!
#2Mad_CartoonistPosted 8/15/2013 5:15:31 PM
Holy...
Hope it heals soon >_<
---
Prez of the Sophia Esteed Eternal FanClub (31)
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Sophia] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACS2] Update Every Saturday
#3XRhinehartXPosted 8/17/2013 12:28:57 AM
Good luck and I hope your arm heals soon as well. On a somewhat related note, I accidentally impressed my brother-in-law by fighting some battles while talking with him and not looking at the screen. That's a lot easier than playing with one hand, though. Especially on 4D mode.
#4BSBladeSwordman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 8:13:06 PM
just got the sacred orb. took some time to level up fighting the white angel looking enemies outside peternity. got misty and mackwell and other good inventors and made orichinaicons or whatever and fully refined them to get 6 more attack+500's and refined them onto all three of my main part's weapons to make battles finish a lot faster. enemies are still tough though the do lots of damage so i put blue talismans on every one and red talismans (unless they need status protection instead) accept maria who has mp recharging accessory which name escapes me. cliff fayt and maria are all above level 70 now. this is my setups.

cliff

xs- electric fists
os- fists of fury
critical hit hp
first aid
berserk

fayt

xs- blade of fury
os- air raid
critical hit hp
first aid
berserk

maria

xs- scatter beam
xl- aiming device
os- gravity bullet
ol- aiming device
common support symbols
berserk.

is this a good setup for 4d? i plan to build boots of prowess later when i have more money and its possible. should i turn berserk off maybe and take less damage. i'm not dying but when the enemies hit me it does tons of damage if the talismans or auras don't block them. well i am dying but i bring my characters back to life. haven't been whiped out yet with one arm. its not like i' playing dark souls or anything but this game on 4d difficulty is pretty tough for a 1 armed man.
---
You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive! I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!
#5Mad_CartoonistPosted 8/20/2013 4:57:26 PM
I'll make Cliff FoF -> FoF if you want him on stunlocking duty, otherwise, Aerial Assault -> AA.
Fayt seems fine.
As for Maria, get Gravity Bullet out and put on another scattered beams. Point-Blank Scattered Beams is pretty much the strongest combo in the game, all else equal.

Get Tattered Tome and teach your guys the Convert Damage -> Preserve HP skill. This will help you cushion most damage with your MP bar, and toss in Regen Symbols to make your MP bar constantly regenerate.
If your guys are still dying too fast, consider turning off Berserk for AIs and only have your character with Berserk ON. It's normally a bad idea altogether for AIs, but when they are constantly dying, it just doesn't worth it.
With this strategy, for most part, your guys will be acting bait, so you better cancel combo the heck out of everything as soon as you can.
---
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Sophia] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACS2] Update Every Saturday
#6BSBladeSwordman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 9:39:16 PM
i like electric fists with fists of fury. i find double fof my ai cliff doesnt seem to cancel the moves into each other he just does singles. my computer cliff will cancel to 300% sometimes with ef-fof combos. also isnt hammer of might better than aerial assault? its less cp and more damage. i have hammer of might maxed out and its really powerful but useless against enemies resistant to fire so i i guess aa is better then hom against fire immune enemies. i prefer fof over both moves myself.

i see what you mean with the scatter beam combos. i use maria as my leader and im always trying to keep bonus chains alive so i very rarely engage in close quarters combat. gravity bullet is there kind of as a defensive move to get away in case ive gotten to close to the enemy. i used magnetic field a lot for this as well. keeps the enemies busy and gives you a chance to get away.

i built a bunch of key accessories like boots of prowess and haste rings etc... i spent the money to fully refine 3 ring of hastes to boost my team's speed. im not sure if ill fight some more and collect synthesis materials to build better weapons or if i should just go for it and go beat the game and use all the money i get in the final dungeons to build better weapons.

are the weapons i have now with 7x attack +500 and survive on fury 50% good enough or should i upgrade first?
---
#7Mad_CartoonistPosted 8/25/2013 3:01:35 AM
BSBladeSwordman posted...
i like electric fists with fists of fury. i find double fof my ai cliff doesnt seem to cancel the moves into each other he just does singles. my computer cliff will cancel to 300% sometimes with ef-fof combos. also isnt hammer of might better than aerial assault? its less cp and more damage. i have hammer of might maxed out and its really powerful but useless against enemies resistant to fire so i i guess aa is better then hom against fire immune enemies. i prefer fof over both moves myself.

EF -> FOF isn't bad in itself as the EF has short duration and that lessen the chance of Cliff getting AAA'd. Still, if you're doing stunlocking, I prefer making Cliff go all out on it.
Later on you will have access to 'Ring of Quietude'. Refine it and have in on Cliff (or any of your stunlocker). The ring further increase Fury Reduction of Enemies' when their guards are broken (so they are left with only 30 Fury).

How high is your Cliff's ATK status skill level? AI's cancel combo potential is dependent on the ATK status skill. Max it out ASAP.

HoM is great because it bypass AGL parrying, which makes it extremely important on 4D mode in early game where just about everything parries you. Later on, its damage pales down when compared to Aerial Assault which does more damage over time. And even then, HoM is still a great crowd control.
If you want damage, AA. If you want crowd control, HoM. If you want stunlocks, FoF. The choice is yours.

i see what you mean with the scatter beam combos. i use maria as my leader and im always trying to keep bonus chains alive so i very rarely engage in close quarters combat. gravity bullet is there kind of as a defensive move to get away in case ive gotten to close to the enemy. i used magnetic field a lot for this as well. keeps the enemies busy and gives you a chance to get away.

Then go with long range Aiming Device. It's a lot better option for long range Maria.
Gravity Bullet eats too much CP and it doesn't even stunlock (iirc), so it's way too efficient. I know it's cool. I also like the skill >_>

To be honest, I haven't played much with Maria's other skills. The only skills I've used a lot are Scattered Beams, Aiming Device, Magnetic Field, and Energy Burst (which is post-game).

are the weapons i have now with 7x attack +500 and survive on fury 50% good enough or should i upgrade first?

That's more than enough for you to get through half of post-game.
Your party should be way too broken right now if you're still in main game. xD
---
#8BSBladeSwordman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 12:05:45 PM
i maxed out attack a long time ago. maybe it wasnt maxed before. im leveling up aerial asault now, it seems to speed up battles. i already have hom maxed out cause it was my bread and butter for the beginning of the game, i still belive that endgame hom is better than aa. its 2 hits and aa suffers from the damage cap. hom can easily do 99,999 x2 damage while aerial assault maxes out at 1 99,999 damage at a time, but when you're not reaching the damage cap aa is probably stronger accept my hom is powered up all the way.

maria has double scatter beams as well though i never use them cause shes always long range, and aiming device is so tough its maxed out and does mp damage. maybe ill switch fayt from air raid to dimension door for a bit just to level it up some more.i'm gonna upgrade my weapons again and focus more on defense. i want all 2 chars with this setup...

no hp damage 30%
no mp damage 30%
6% mp recovery
atk +500
survive on fury 50%
3x atk/def +30%

accessories

boots of prowess
ring of haste

is this a good setup or should i replace the no mp damage 30% with something else maybe another bop?
---
#9801322Posted 8/25/2013 1:14:41 PM
i maxed out attack a long time ago. maybe it wasnt maxed before. im leveling up aerial asault now, it seems to speed up battles. i already have hom maxed out cause it was my bread and butter for the beginning of the game, i still belive that endgame hom is better than aa. its 2 hits and aa suffers from the damage cap. hom can easily do 99,999 x2 damage while aerial assault maxes out at 1 99,999 damage at a time, but when you're not reaching the damage cap aa is probably stronger accept my hom is powered up all the way.

maria has double scatter beams as well though i never use them cause shes always long range, and aiming device is so tough its maxed out and does mp damage. maybe ill switch fayt from air raid to dimension door for a bit just to level it up some more.i'm gonna upgrade my weapons again and focus more on defense. i want all 2 chars with this setup...

no hp damage 30%
no mp damage 30%
6% mp recovery
atk +500
survive on fury 50%
3x atk/def +30%

accessories

boots of prowess
ring of haste

is this a good setup or should i replace the no mp damage 30% with something else maybe another bop?

how about increase mp 20%
#10BSBladeSwordman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 1:02:14 AM
getting ready to fight luther. i don't expect it to be too hard. i've never fought 4d luther before though.
---