This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skies of Arcadia 2 unveiled!

#1Cyris_WinheimPosted 4/1/2010 9:05:31 PM
I ran the Japanese website through a translator, but it appears they are basing Skies of Arcadia 2 off of Darkmoon Legacy, my master design! For those not in the know, Darkmoon Legacy is set 20 years after the original, with a new hero named Cyris Winheim, an Air Pirate in the famed Phoenix Clan led by Captain Vince Dynarius. The two of them, along with Nira Sylvans, a crew member of theirs with an affinity for Silver magic, get caught up in a massive conflict as it unfolds. It began when Admiral Marco brought back the Black Moonstone from the Dark Rift as a gift for Emperor Enrique and Empress Moegi of New Valua. This has attracted the attention of the Kaguron, a hidden race that had been living secretly in Deep Sky all this time. Meanwhile, in our hero Cyris' quest to find what had become of Vyse and his friends, he is taken on a journey to revisit the continents Vyse had previously explored, but in greater depth. The world has changed a lot in the last 20 years. There is confirmed to be nine player characters, including one character for each of the seven moons. You will also be able to explore more of Deep Sky, and it is hinted at that you may even get to visit at least one of the moons themselves!

As the writer of this story, Sega has asked me to join their staff for the making of this project. As I type this I am in the middle of preparing to move to Japan and start working for Sega. This is truly an honor; I have long desired to become a game designer, but I never thought I would be working for such a prolific company!

Thank you for your support, everyone. I'll be posting more once I get to Japan.
---
NGG should be called NCG
Nonstop Complaining General
#2Final_CataclsymPosted 4/2/2010 1:00:12 AM
April Fools was just a little while ago. Cool stuff if it's real, but I'm not a believer yet.
---
If you don't think it's obvious Haruhi likes Kyon, you're dense enough to be a male harem protagonist.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=ECA7F18CAAEACDEF
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/2/2010 1:03:11 AM
Lol. If only it was so easy... (and you know, Darkmoon legacy sounds pretty cool)
---
When you see a Japanese word and you don't know what it means, then it's probably a Street Fighter move.
#4VamphaeryPosted 4/2/2010 6:39:04 AM
Notes that the bolded text spells out April Fool's.

There's one thing you should never **** with, and that's a gamer's love of Skies of Arcadia. Why do you want to make people cry? :((((
#5Cyris_Winheim(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2010 8:51:13 AM
Well, regardless, I'll be working on a different project with the same battle system I came up with for Darkmoon Legacy, minus the Spirit Gauge and a different Skill system, and it's a completely original setting so it is much less likely to be hit with a C&D mid-development.
---
NGG should be called NCG
#6Shadow SlasherPosted 4/3/2010 9:27:10 AM
:( I saw this and I was like :O and then you broke my heart.
---
You just wasted 5 seconds of your life reading this sig that you can never revive. How does that feel? (See quote)
#7DanteHazukiPosted 4/3/2010 8:15:43 PM
you broke my heart :(
#8Cyris_Winheim(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2010 9:38:14 PM
Okay, so maybe my April Fools joke was a little harsh, but at least we got to see Vyse and friends as playable characters in Valkyria Chronicles...shows that they acknowledge this game's existence.

We need to prove that a new Skies of Arcadia game would be profitable...somehow. After all, if you spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce a video game that didn't become a moneymaking blockbuster, what motive would you have to create a sequel?
---
NGG should be called NCG
#9ShmittlesThePoePosted 4/4/2010 11:51:36 PM
I'm afraid the next skies game will be based on on GameVixxen's (and my) Skies of Pyria. The deal's already been made. GV's working with Sega/Overworks on the project as we speak and soon a we'll all be enjoying the next Skies game in all its Pyrian glory!
---
That is merely logic. People are not moved by logic. ~Mithos
#10_Redheim_Posted 4/5/2010 1:16:32 PM
Cold.
---
I received letters stating that i was being watched, that I was going to be killed for lying - Aoi-sama