Cogito Ergo Zooooooom

#461RedHawk4Posted 7/6/2010 11:14:59 AM
That's true, over-anticipating games only leads to disappointment every time. I recently did it with Backbreaker, and I want to avoid doing it with this game like you said. I've been over at the new HP board several times and it isn't exactly "overflowing" with activity. Mostly it was just a few users who were arguing about whether or not the new game is a Burnout rip-off with a NFS title, lol.
#462MunKy321Posted 7/7/2010 3:40:49 PM
Over anticipating anything in this world usually leads to disappointment. "hope for the best, expect the worst" is a moral created by people who've probably learned this lesson the hard way.
---
Your eyes just had to land here, didn't they? Well, I suppose you're seeking something curious here, right? Something entertaining? Well... is this enough?
#463RedHawk4Posted 7/7/2010 7:18:00 PM
As I recall, that was JBear's motto that he listed quite a while back. But I'd already assumed it for myself before I ever saw anybody else mention it. The problem is that you often forget it in certain situations.
#464JBear427Posted 7/9/2010 6:35:58 PM
I believe what I said was "no expectations, no disappointments"
but I may have said something else that I've forgotten. Wouldn't be the first time.
Did anyone see where I put my teeth?
---
M.o.F.a.T. Inc.
And remember, some people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.
#465RedHawk4Posted 7/9/2010 7:50:07 PM
You left them back in my 4th topic. I pawned them away for a new hat.
#466JBear427Posted 7/10/2010 3:39:59 AM
That figures. Now I'm stuck looking like an old Pixar character 'till I can get some new ones. Thanks a lot.
---
M.o.F.a.T. Inc.
#467PS3_Owner29Posted 7/10/2010 7:18:46 AM
Hey look, it's a MoFaT member! :P
---
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain
#468MunKy321Posted 7/12/2010 5:01:03 PM
:)

Well, even if the geezer did say that, or something like that at some point in the vast historical archives of this board, I didn't have his particular wise words in mind. However, I do think that what you said about it being forgetful is just a part of our imperfect human nature. We ARE all humans here, aren't we?

*Looks at user names*

D'OH!
---
Your eyes just had to land here, didn't they? Well, I suppose you're seeking something curious here, right? Something entertaining? Well... is this enough?
#469RedHawk4Posted 7/12/2010 6:36:49 PM
The vast historical archives of this board could be condensed down into a single phrase that essentially represents the thought process of every member who ever visited it.

"In my opinion, I'm right and you're wrong."

Just realized that. And aside from this inspiring fact, I recently watched the show X-Play's preview of the new Hot Pursuit, where they supposedly told everything they knew about the game, which was the same as what we already saw at E3. There will be around 100 miles of open world racing, and the cops and racers will have various "weaponry" to use, and you can play a full career as cop or racer. That's where their factuality ended and when their incompetence began.

They said that the police's weapons that they are aware of include roadblocks, helicopters, and EMPs. The racer weapons that they are aware of include radar jammer, decoys, and a helicopter that will drop spike strips for them. -_- Really, X-Play? If you'd like to see the video clip of the preview, it's right here: http://g4tv.com/videos/47311/Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit-Preview/
#470JBear427Posted 7/13/2010 4:16:52 PM
Wait, the racer can call in spike strips? That's... different.
---
M.o.F.a.T. Inc.