Cogito Ergo Zooooooom

#481krazykubanoPosted 7/31/2010 4:39:39 PM

I mailed it. I admit it. I'm the reason we're getting a new Hot Pursuit.

#482RedHawk4Posted 8/1/2010 9:39:31 AM
If that's true, then I think we're getting the new Hot Pursuit DESPITE having mailed it...
#483krazykubanoPosted 8/1/2010 10:39:01 AM

You're saying the petition hindered our chances of getting a new HP? I don't get it

#484RedHawk4Posted 8/2/2010 4:20:04 PM
Yes, that is what I am insinuating. ;)

Only 500 sigs should show game developers that there isn't enough support for the product to make developing it pay off. And when you sent it, it probably didn't even have 500 sigs yet...lol.
#485krazykubanoPosted 8/3/2010 7:42:15 AM

lol your logic kind of makes me laugh. I'm sure the first thing the people at EA thought if and when they saw this was, "500 signatures! Only 500 people on the known free internet who actually managed to come across this obscure petition want a new Hot Pursuit. Well, I guess we have no choice but to NEVER MAKE ONE! HAHAHAHA I love being EAvil."

#486RedHawk4Posted 8/3/2010 10:04:45 AM
That's precisely why I could see them doing it. You know how many signatures those Timesplitters 4 petitions have? Somewhere near 30,000, and I believe there are two of them with that amount. Does anybody see TS4 being developed? NO! Because game developers are crazy, and add to that the fact that EA is incompetant, and you get that I would be very surprised if the petition would do a single thing to sway their minds.
#487krazykubanoPosted 8/4/2010 11:28:53 PM

Well, to be fair petitions rarely ever work regardless of the amount of signatures, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth trying. I vaguely remember telling you that years ago lol. i mean, it's not like a small amount of signatures would automatically dissuade EA from making a game, nor would a large amount necessarily persuade them. a petition with only a few signatures isn't gonna negatively affect your cause is what I'm saying. so you were only able to get around 500 signatures, whatev. we all know that's a grossly inaccurate representation of the number of Hot Pursuit/High Stakes fans around the world. it's not even a big deal anyway since EA is already well-aware of what their fanbase wants. Don't be all ashamed and start disowning your petition just cuz it wasn't hugely successful. it was a noble effort. and look, now you're getting what you've always wanted.

#488RedHawk4Posted 8/5/2010 10:09:07 AM

"Don't be all ashamed and start disowning your petition just cuz it wasn't hugely successful. it was a noble effort. and look, now you're getting what you've always wanted."

Hey, I don't disagree with that. I'm glad that we're finally getting a new HP of course, and if the petition somehow did help, then more power to it. It was indeed a noble effort. I just don't think it had any effect at all, and if it did (knowing EA), they probably laughed it off until Criterion woke them up.

"So you were only able to get around 500 signatures, whatev. we all know that's a grossly inaccurate representation of the number of Hot Pursuit/High Stakes fans around the world. it's not even a big deal anyway since EA is already well-aware of what their fanbase wants."

I DO disagree with that, lol. Criterion were the ones who decided on this game after EA gave them the rights to design a NFS of their own. EA doesn't know crap about their fans, nor do they care about giving them a quality product as long as they still make money on whatever they release. If EA knew their fans, why did they give us crappy "Pro Street" followed by mediocre "Shift", when all the fans were either screaming for a new HP, Underground 3, or Most Wanted 2?

#489krazykubanoPosted 8/5/2010 12:03:40 PM

Need for Speed is EA's cash cow. Their main concern isn't pleasing the fans, it's making money. Their goal is to pump out the most financially viable product, even if it isn't what the fans of the previous games want.

Prostreet was a failed attempt at cashing in on the simulation genre. I guess EA figured they could sweep the fans of the Forza 2 off their feet, but that didn't work. Shift was a critically and commercially successful attempt at capturing the simulation fanbase, mostly cuz it was developed by another studio and really wasn't that bad of a game. I just rented the other day and I gotta say it's a pretty sweet, way more fun than Carbon, Prostreet, and Undercover. Shift 2 is coming out in the spring.

#490RedHawk4Posted 8/5/2010 5:20:24 PM

"Shift was a critically and commercially successful attempt at capturing the simulation fanbase, mostly cuz it was developed by another studio and really wasn't that bad of a game. I just rented the other day and I gotta say it's a pretty sweet, way more fun than Carbon, Prostreet, and Undercover. Shift 2 is coming out in the spring."

Oh good grief...why? Every fan that wasn't happy with the new HP probably is a fan that enjoyed Underground and Most Wanted, so why not remake those? Surely it would get them more profit than Shift 2, especially since they will be competing with heavy-hitters TDU2 and GT5.

I played the demo for Shift several times and it was fun, but one of those games that I would get bored of quickly. If you don't use the in-car camera view then it just becomes another bland track-based racer with no cops or weapons or other gimmicks to set it apart or make it enjoyable. With the in-car camera view it's decent, but that's not the normal view I prefer to use in racing games anyway, so that right there made it less entertaining than it could have been.