Hello guys.

#1Renegade_ZeroPosted 10/7/2009 5:53:28 PM
It's been a long time since I last came here.

I am working in South East Asia now, and looks like I'll be staying here for a long time. It's been really nice. White sandy beaches. Tropical sun. Palm trees. Refreshing coconut milk. Hot Asian chicks. I should have mentioned this ages ago, but.. I have a Xbox 360 Pro 60GB (with a Jasper chip). Unfortunately, due to the nature of the consoles sold here.. it looks like I can't have that online race with ODB and the rest of you like I promised (I could but I don't want to take that risk). I don't think I need to tell you the details, but I'm sure you could figure it out.

I never bothered to check out NFS: Shift by the way, I'm waiting for Forza Motorsport 3 now. I realized this a long time ago - we need to let go and move on. So yeah classic NFS was great. Always will be. But we have so many options now. Now I'm playing PGR and TDU and GRID. I like them all. I have Forza Motorsport 2, can't wait for Forza Motorsport 3.

Well, I'm working in the laboratory now actually, I need to go now. My time will be sparse. Do tell me what everyone is up to.

See you guys later.

---
"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."
#2RedHawk4Posted 10/8/2009 4:32:03 PM
Nice to see you back now, Zero, it's been a long time. ODB and Munky have been gone for just about the same amount of time as you were, but JBear and I are still mystically floating in and out of the boards like always.

As for the online race thing...I don't have a PC that could easily handle playing TDU, and I don't own an Xbox 360 at all. I recently got an online network connection for my PS3, and started playing the free downloadable online demo for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, which is pretty fun multiplayer action.

As for NFS: Shift...you should probably stay away from it. I played the demo (and talk about it in my other topic on these boards), and it's nothing too special.

Anyway, have fun with the palm milk and coconut sun and...eh...everything else you said (lol). I'm glad you came back, and hope you stick around for a while.
#3Renegade_Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2009 9:40:39 PM
This might be old news, but here's the official car list of Forza Motorsport 3:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/ForzaMotorsport3/Carlist.aspx

I'm sold. I think I'm gonna enjoy this even more than Gran Turismo 5.

---
"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."
#4RedHawk4Posted 10/16/2009 10:44:29 AM
I saw a review for the game (I think it was FM3, anyway), and I was impressed with it...but not enough to purchase the game. I'll wait for Gran Turismo 5 if I ever want to give a racing sim a go. And if I want another arcade-y racer, I'll look somewhere else aside from the Forza series.
#5Cyborg_MantisPosted 10/16/2009 11:58:54 PM
The rewind feature's a joke. I thought it was bad enough they gave you the option to restart a race before, but this? What are they going to do next, give us MC3/NFSMW-style slow-motion? I'll definitely get F3 when I get a 360, but it's not worth buying a system for like GT5 is, imo.

---
"In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am" - 5FDP
#6RedHawk4Posted 10/17/2009 7:13:30 PM
If you don't like the rewind feature...don't use it (lol). Right? I know what you're saying, man, I do...it's just that the rewind feature could actually help a lot of people out who are just picking up the game. But it would be nice if they simply included an option for turning it on or off, that's for sure. Overall, when it comes to whether or not I'd like the OPTION in a racing game, I suppose I'd choose 'yes', just to have it.