NFS HP classics HD Remix

#1RikuTails25Posted 1/28/2010 11:39:40 AM
What do you guys think if HP1,HS, and HP2
got a graphical overhaul and some decent updates?
Maybe on PSN or Live?
Or maybe just give us the tracks from these 3 ; the cars from HP2 and the return of day/night and some diffrent variations of weather.
And slap the title HP3 on it.
#2RedHawk4Posted 1/28/2010 3:42:46 PM
Would be disappointing, that's what I'd say. I didn't care for HP2 nearly as much as I did for NFS3:HP or NFS4:HS. If they remade one of those games, it would be awesome...especially with online play included.
#3JBear427Posted 2/1/2010 6:16:08 AM
Hot Pursuit remastered (not remade, mind you) for a current gen system is something I would buy in a heartbeat. All the other PS1 releases I couldn't care much less about. HP2 does it's job well enough on PS2 already, the only improvements I can think of would make it enough like Test Drive Unlimited that it would be redundant, assuming of course that the NFS franchise couldn't have done TDU better. Given their attempts at "improving" things looking at their last several games, I have very little confidence they could.
---
M.o.F.a.T. Inc.
And remember, some people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.
#4RedHawk4Posted 2/1/2010 3:18:25 PM
I've heard rumors that Criterion is bring NFS back to what it originally was like when the first game in the series was released. Whether or not they'll include cops is still unknown, but if they want the game to be a success, they had better do something. A casual racer that isn't arcade and isn't full sim probably won't sit well with too many people.
#5JBear427Posted 2/3/2010 3:34:21 PM
If it is neither hot nor cold, we will spew it out of our mouths.
---
M.o.F.a.T. Inc.
#6RedHawk4Posted 2/6/2010 4:12:11 PM
Exactly...except many people didn't do that with Shift for some reason; they actually rated it very well. But then again, we're not "many people".
#7JBear427Posted 2/8/2010 1:05:02 PM
The question is, were they existing fans or new fans? A lot of people rated Underground very high when it came out too, but they were people who had never even picked up a NFS game previously.
---
M.o.F.a.T. Inc.
#8RedHawk4Posted 2/8/2010 10:36:03 PM
True. I think many people today who do call themselves "existing fans" of NFS still only go back to Underground, so if those people are the ones who rated Shift well, then us Old School fans are in worse trouble than we have been in, because EA will just take only their response as the company's focus. And that would generally mean no cops in future titles. Because if the games without cops sell well, EA wouldn't be smart enough to notice that the games with cops sold better.