New NFS Hot Purusit game...

#31RedHawk4Posted 6/16/2010 9:56:59 PM
It's an open world racer, man. Been confirmed.
#32gta_ausPosted 6/17/2010 5:16:43 AM
Ultimetalhead posted...
I hope to HELL that it's not free roam.
---
PSN: UMH1992

How come dude?
#33RedHawk4Posted 6/17/2010 11:55:09 AM
Probably for the same reason that I was hoping it would be track-based...we already have too many free roaming games, and making a classic Hot Pursuit title in free roam doesn't sound right. But it won't deter me from buying it at all.
#34MunKy321Posted 6/17/2010 4:09:08 PM
So we've FINALLY got a new Hot Pursuit (well, we've got it coming anyway), an engagement (I hope you're just pretending that you forgot to invite me, Ren), we've got a Goldeneye remake, a fusion between New York and Tokyo, demeaningly insulting Free Roam, a CLK-F50 and something about hoping to hell... yep! This is the Hot Pursuit 2 board!

Hello to my old time virtual compadres! RedHawk, ODB, Krazy K (I just made that up and decided to call you that, do you mind?), Mr. Renengaged (shout out to the future Mrs. Renengaged) and there are a couple of new virtual faces on this virtual board! That's virtuawesome! Anyway, it's great to virtually see you all again in this virtually abandoned board but... something's missing! Something... old! Yes! I remember now! Where the heck is that old, sarcastic guy that likes to ride bikes? And where's his virtuacrotchrocketgirlzook? And Macktastic Slick?
---
Your eyes just had to land here, didn't they? Well, I suppose you're seeking something curious here, right? Something entertaining? Well... is this enough?
#35krazykubanoPosted 6/17/2010 5:42:25 PM

Hey Munky! Welcome back dude.Krazy K is cool with me. KK or Kyle works too, it's up to you. I'll have to start coming up with some sort of nickname for you, but I'm probably not as clever with the names as you are.

What kind of consoles doyou guys have? I'm looking forward to racing all of you when the game's released.

#36RedHawk4Posted 6/17/2010 7:26:55 PM
Heh heh...I forgot how clever old Munky can be with his posts. I also wonder how long he takes to think about all the names and puns that he uses...lol. Anyway...hello and welcome back. If you've got a PS3, add me as a friend...PSN is "RedHawk48". And that friend invite goes for everybody on the boards. Munky, Kubano, ODB, Zero, JBear...all of you feel free to add me on PSN, though it would probably be a bit harder for JBear to manage it seeing as how he doesn't own a PS3 yet. Not sure if ODB owns one either, but oh well.
#37MunKy321Posted 6/18/2010 1:40:03 PM
I never did go next gen (which isn't really next gen anymore now, is it?), since this gen hasn't really given me an incentive big enough to do so. That, along with the fact that the cost of new console and it's appliances is a financially wasteful one for an unemployed college student to keep up with, made me decide to ultimately sacrifice and forget about buying a PS3 or 360 for a long while. And when the decision to buy a new gaming console finally did come 3-4 months ago, I got a brand new slim PS2, which should keep my gaming fantasies satisfied for a hefty amount of time, me thinks.

So, yeah, to sum up what I'm trying to say, I don't have a PSN account :) , or a GamerTag (whatever the XBOX thing is called) for that matter. If and when I do get a... f%$& it! "Next" gen console, I will kick all of your asses in any racing game, believe it! That's not a challenge or an opinion - that's a fact! A virtuafact! Will it come to that with the brand new Hot Pursuit? We'll just have to see...

---
Your eyes just had to land here, didn't they? Well, I suppose you're seeking something curious here, right? Something entertaining? Well... is this enough?
#38Off_da_borderPosted 6/18/2010 2:07:40 PM
Nice to see you too, Munky.

Don't have a PS3, probably never will. I'll admit GT5 is a notch or two too charming for my comfort, but the motivation falls short of enough for buying the hardware... especially in my current state --I just bought a new desktop to substitute my dead laptop (upper-average spec gaming PC for those of you who might wonder) and it wasn't as cheap as I had thought initially. So Forza 3 and the upcoming Forza 4 should suffice till the next gen. They have to.

I do have an Xbox 360. My gamertag is "Maelstrom One" (without the quotation marks). I still have to renew my subscription though, which I will very soon.

---
This is, quite honestly, the biggest load of limp-wristed twaddle I've ever heard in all my five weeks in television - James May
#39Off_da_borderPosted 6/18/2010 2:10:48 PM
Oh, and to give Redhawk an answer, I'm probably getting this game for the Xbox 360 (that should be obvious from my last post though).

---
This is, quite honestly, the biggest load of limp-wristed twaddle I've ever heard in all my five weeks in television - James May
#40RedHawk4Posted 6/18/2010 7:49:04 PM

Agh, dang it...was looking forward to taking both of you down in my Veyron-police car. :P Perhaps one day I still will. But, with all the "next-gen" talk and opinions going around, I'll throw mine into the bunch (what else is new?)...upgrading to a PS3 was well worth it. Eh...well, not exactly, since it was a gift. But I would have saved up and bought one anyway, and I wouldn't have regretted it if I did. The jump to online-play is one thing, but the games themselves are quite good and seeing as how the PS2 gets zero attention these days, I couldn't really see myself gaming without a PS3. Have had no problems with the system as well (coughunlikeODBandhisxbox360scough).