New NFS Hot Purusit game...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
  3. New NFS Hot Purusit game...
5 years ago#51
I wasn't too impressed with Overdrive when I first heard of it or saw it either, but then I realized that it just may be necessary. It appears if if the open-world setting in this game won't be quite like in MW, with lots of side streets and roads to duck into. And with many user-controlled cops on your tail, calling in spike belts and choppers and road blocks, as well as using their own nitrous...you need something to help you gain distance. I still don't care for it, but at least it's logical in that sense. And you have to be careful as well, because I assume that if you crash while using Overdrive, you're pretty much going to total your car. I hope.

The police EMP is a better idea, but once racers get used to it, it will only mess them up for a second before they can recover and keep driving normally. As far as I know it only reverses their controls, so...how hard is that to get accustomed to?
5 years ago#52
If by reverse it means left becomes right, right becomes left, gas becomes brake or brake becomes gas.. I don't think that's hard. I'm used to reversing the XY axis in shooter games, I don't see why it would really be a big problem. Like RedHawk said, it'll only delay the racer for a second or so before they manage to drive with the reverse controls.

---
"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."
5 years ago#53
Exactly...I don't think it will have much of an effect on anybody who at least has some experience with varied control schemes. Now, if they made the cars themselves handle touchier or be prone to spinout easier, then I could see a little more value in the EMP.
5 years ago#54
Then again, that crucial second might be just enough if used wisely. It's not totally pointless. We just want it to be more than that, right?

---
"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."
5 years ago#55
Agreed. If you were able to surprise the racer with it, then it could be worthwhile...especially if you're right behind him, and the effect of the EMP causes him to slow down a bit. Then you could get a good ram in on his tail-end.
5 years ago#56
Better yet, the controls under EMP influence should be randomised (ie: gas becomes steer left, handbrake becomes look right, shift up becomes gas, brake becomes look left, etc).

---
This is, quite honestly, the biggest load of limp-wristed twaddle I've ever heard in all my five weeks in television - James May
5 years ago#57
Obviously for two or three seconds, that is.

---
This is, quite honestly, the biggest load of limp-wristed twaddle I've ever heard in all my five weeks in television - James May
5 years ago#58

Good lord... I'm out of town for a while and this board springs to life...

5 years ago#59
^There's a new Hot Pursuit on the horizon! We're such big fanboys that we're focusing on how they might blow it.
---
Your eyes just had to land here, didn't they? Well, I suppose you're seeking something curious here, right? Something entertaining? Well... is this enough?
5 years ago#60

^There's a new Hot Pursuit on the horizon! We're such big fanboys that we're focusing on how they might blow it.

Or you could just go to THAT board.

'Sides, it's Criterion, how bad could it be?
---
An easy indicator that you need to rethink your opinion is to disagree with me.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
  3. New NFS Hot Purusit game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived