Bring the Old Days Back!

#61krazykubanoPosted 9/22/2010 9:44:05 PM

you too.

#62RedHawk4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2010 10:20:22 AM
-_-
#63RedHawk4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2010 10:11:56 PM
New trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJr-h6mjzkg

Music in the video stinks, but at least we got to see the Spyder. ;)
#64RedHawk4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2010 10:12:26 PM
*bump*
#65Tekken9292Posted 9/30/2010 4:44:43 AM
Heya RedHawk, I run into you on all sortsa games' boards it seems!
You seem to have a good taste in games.
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
I hate it when series go through trends. I expect the same game in a different setting, updated mechanics and or graphics.
#66RedHawk4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2010 10:24:17 AM
:D

Why thank you. You should tell that to Gamespot though, they gave me the "Bad Taste" badge for my games collection, lol.

And come to think of it, I recognize your name as well. So you've played this game (HP2)?
#67Tekken9292Posted 9/30/2010 7:49:56 PM
Oh yeah, day and night at some point, I don't think there's much I haven't unlocked in it.
I liked the soundtrack alot and the multiple tracks on one map system was cool.

The AI racers were a bit lacking though, the cops' obstacles were definitely the highlight of the game.
---
I hate it when series go through trends. I expect the same game in a different setting, updated mechanics and or graphics.
#68RedHawk4(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2010 11:46:02 AM
I found the police AI to be the biggest problem actually. They pretty much did the same thing. When they weren't moving their car right behind yours, and then about three seconds later, slowly trying to pass you...they just continuously set up roadblocks. Don't get me wrong, I still enoyed the game very much and have all the cars and tracks unlocked, but I really hope that Criterion can improve the AI in their new Hot Pursuit so that it has a longer replay value. Take NFS3 for example...that game has terrific AI, and as such it's still a blast to play all the time, because you never know what the cops will do.
#69Tekken9292Posted 10/4/2010 10:56:37 AM
Honestly, looking at Criterion's history of "making **** explode and fall apart" in every game, the cops system will probably just be a glorified version of the one seen in Most Wanted and Carbon...
---
#70RedHawk4(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2010 7:42:52 PM
Eh, doesn't seem that way to me. You see the Arms Race video clip? If not, it can be found here (solo cop gameplay): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ENKJL8Hi2c

And the new trailer was just released today, which was awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA6uRJV0fu8

Personally, I think the pursuit system looks fun. From what I've gathered from all the videos, cops bust racers by either bringing them to a halt or damaging their car until it's disabled, and of course they can coordinate with each other to use roadblocks, spikes, choppers, and EMPs. Racers also have spikes, as well as EMPs, overdrive, and radar jammer.