Still the best game in the series.

#1Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/4/2012 4:53:52 PM
Discuss.

Yeah they made some decent games in the series later on, but I still think this one was the best. I'd say Burnout 3 is my favorite racing game of all time, but this game would come in a close second. Of course this game kinda predated the crazy pace of Burnout 3, so back then, my mind was blown. Nothing like racing through these courses with ridiculously expensive exotic sports cars while the cops try to ram you off the road, set up road blocks, dodge spike strips, and the cops are dropping explosive friggin' barrels on you.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#2AbarisPosted 11/7/2012 7:55:42 AM(edited)
I still like III and this one the best. Getting chased by cops whilst zipping through a desert/mountain themed course in a exotic car is pretty much the best NFS ever got for me. The later focus on the urban ricer theme hasn't ever appealed to me. I have no idea where the series is now tho, as I stopped paying attention to it after Most Wanted.
---
In a perfect garden, all flowers flourish
#3Azuma_NarooN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 9:02:25 PM
Agreed 110%.

You haven't missed much, the only few decent NFS games done in recent times were developed by Criterion, so that's that. Criterion did Hot Pursuit in 2010 I think, and while it was good, I still think III and HP2 are better.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov