Just Felt Like (A Kind of Walk-through) **SPOILERS**

#1EsadthPosted 3/9/2010 8:57:21 PM
Well. I really like this game and it's all I play lately. Usually I just go gun slinger and kill everyone as I find it pretty fun; but then I said, "I want to see just how stealthy I can be."
Now take in to note that this walk-through will contain spoilers, so look at your own digression.

Okay. Well. I haven't exactly made Silent Assassin on ALL levels as some were just annoying, but I have made it on a majority of them. While this is a walk-through made by me, I welcome anyone giving their own advice on how to complete a level. Just keep in mind this is a walk-through on how to get Silent Assassin or Professional rankings.

Okay. So. Let's get this started.

***********************************************************************************************************

SPOILER SHIELD

SPOILER SHIELD

SPOILER SHIELD

SPOILER SHIELD

SPOILER SHIELD

SPOILER SHIELD

SPOILER SHIELD

***********************************************************************************************************

<u> Anathema </u>

Okay. So. The first mission here is EXTREMELY easy and there are MANY ways to do it; but the easiest way (in my opinion at least) is the following:

So you'll start the level on top of a cliff/hill. You should notice a door way in the wall surrounding the Don's mansion. You'll know you have the right door because there are three trees on it's right; your left.

Make you way down the cliff/hill and hide behind the tree at the foot of it (you don't have to hide behind it but I usually have my fiber wire out at this point so I do). Wait a moment and a guard will come out the door and turn to his right to urinate in the grass/on one of the trees. Quickly make you way towards him, but make sure to go in to stealth mode by tapping R1 before you alert him. Ready you fiber wire and take him out. Drag him in to the the center point of the three trees and take his gun and clothes.

Now go through the door he came out and you'll see the back of a garage with a wall jutting out on your right. Make your way to the wall jutting out and then look straight ahead at the side of the house. You may see a grocery boy going in or coming out of the kitchen exit and a guard that has his back towards you. Wait until the grocer makes his way out of the kitchen and down the slope with his back towards you. Now sneak up on the guard and fiber wire him. Take his gun and drag his body down the stairs to the basement (you'll see the stairs leading to the basement as you go to kill the guard). Make SURE that you hide the guard INSIDE the basement and not just at the bottom of the stairs.

---
Deaths Esadth
"Life is only continued through death." ~ XIII
#2Esadth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2010 8:57:43 PM
Now, make your way past the door where they you suspect they'r keeping Padre. Turn to your right as you come to a supposed dead end and then right again to go up the stairs and in to the kitchen. Don't worry about the cook as she won't really notice you, and if the grocer is there he shouldn't pay much mind to you either; but becareful of a lone guard that sometimes crosses through the kitchen (although he shouldn't at this point). At the top of the stairs, turn to your left and walk to the wall, follow it until you reach the end of it and turn right and go up the stairs.

Now, you should be in the room that was at the top of the stairs. By now, the guard you hid away in the basement may or may not have been discovered, but usually he is by now. Don't worry about it as it won't hurt your ranking. Now you will see two exits out of this room. From the door you just came in through there is a door right in front of you. Go out it and you'll be on a balcony. Turn to your left and you'll see part of the railing is gone and a slight ledge is protruding. Step out on the to the ledge and point your analog stick in the direction of the wall. Make your way along the ledge until you come to a red roof that is just about over the kitchen area. Crouch down and slowly make your way to the peak of the roof. You should see several guards down below by the pool, and the Don may or may not be in his office.

Now, you'll see a piece of wood being used as a bridge between the rooftop and the Don's office balcony, but don't go across it yet. If you've done as I've said and you were quick at it, you will be caught if you go across it now. Check your map if in Normal difficulty, if not, then wait a moment until two of the guards from down below decide to come on on to the balcony and stare at each other for a moment. Make sure they don't see you.

Once they leave, make your way on to the Don's balcony and avoid the first door. Instead, walk around the balcony to the OTHER door on the OTHER side of the balcony. Wait until the Don is in his office, then open the door, sneak up on him and fiber wire him. Take the revolver and room key and go out the door I told you to avoid earlier. Make your way back on to the rooftop and back along the ledge, but this time as you cross by the steps to the basement just drop down on to them. Make your way back in to the basement and open the door to Padre's prison. Walk in until you get the conversation between 47 and Dianna then make your way out of the basement, back to the jutting wall, out the door in the wall and out the exit point marked on your map.

Congratulations! You just got Silent Assassin for the first mission. Pretty easy, huh? There are MANY ways to do this mission. Some involve dressing up as postman, delivery boy or sniping the Don from afar; but I like this way the most as it is the easiest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I will add the walk-through for the next mission as I'm tired and it is late at the time. Anyone reading this, feel free to make your own suggestions or walk-throughs to add, but know that I will also add my own if they are not similar to the way I did the mission.
---
Deaths Esadth
#3Esadth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2010 1:53:08 PM
<u> St. Petersburg </u>
--------------------------------------------------
Aimed Ranking: Silent Assassin
Likely Ranking: Professional
--------------------------------------------------

Okay. So. This mission isn't exactly hard but it can be annoying. There are several ways to do it, but the way I'll tell you of is what I consider the easiest for getting Silent Assassin. ALTHOUGH you may get Professional instead. It's a risk.

Alright. So. As soon as the mission starts make your way to the pick-up point. Gather up your SVD Sniper Rifle, ammo, Nightvision and SD Pistol.

Now I know I said I would tell you only of ONE way to do the missions, but this time I'll give you another way to do this first bit.

WAY ONE: Once you have the SVD Sniper you'll draw attention to yourself from the two civilians walking through the Metro. If you get their attention they'll each run to the Metro Entrance and either alert the guard pacing the locker room, or alert the guard on his way to the locker room. It's all dependant on how fast you are (note that you don't have to alert both civilians as one will do just fine). When the civilian alerts the guard(s), they will come running to the point that the civilian discovered you at. This way makes it easy to by-pass the guards without drawing attention to yourself and allowing you access to the sewers. WARNING: I did this before, and it's much harder. However, I did not see how it affected my ranking as I still got a Professional status.. of course I went gun-slinger a bit. Haha.

WAY TWO: Make sure the civilians do NOT see you and make your way to the Metro Entrance. As you get to the stop of the escalator stairs, hide behind the slightly protruding wall and wait for the first guard to come around the corner ahead. Make sure you are in 1st Person mode and be ready to head-shot him as soon as you seem him. If you don't he'll see you and it's bye bye Silent or Professional ranking. After you cap the first guard, make your way down the stairs carefully (I advise waiting until the guard pacing the locker rooms is walking in the direction opposite of the door to the sewers). As he turns around and begins to make his way back to the other end of the room, quickly head-shot him and then make your way through the door to the sewers that is on the right of the stairs leading out of the locker room.

Now, pick the lock to the second sewer door and bring up your map. You should see three exits on the top portion of your map. You want to exit out of the top, left exit.
Once you're out of the sewers, you'll see two paths. One leads down to the street, the other leads behind a building. Follow the path behind the building, being careful not to run as you come to the end of the path. Look around the corner and there should be a guard with his back to you. Sneak up on him and fiber wire him. Take his clothes if you don't already have a disguise.

Make your way down the stairs and out on to the street. You should come to a three-way intersection just ahead. Go towards the Plishkin (I may or may not have the name right) building, but don't go all the way towards it. There is another building that is marked as a point of interest on your map. It is on the right of the Plishkin, and on your left. You'll see two entrances: one that is the main entrance and one that is a secondary entrance on the corner of the building.
---
Deaths Esadth
#4Esadth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2010 1:54:04 PM
Enter through the corner door and head down the hall. Don't go out the door you see at the end of the hall just yet. Instead, turn and you should find a passage leading to the right, out of the hall. You'll see a door at the end of the passage, but to the right of the door is a staircase. Go up the stair case and you'll come to the second floor, keep going up the stairs until you're at the third floor. Open the door you see at the top of the stairs, turn left, go through that door, turn left again and go through the doors there. Now enter sniper mode and take a look at the building.

You should have a vision of nearly three generals and a long haired russian man. You'll see one general sitting near where the russian man slams his hands down on the table. If you zoom in with your binoculars you'll see that he's bald and old. He's also using his right hand and drinking, not smoking. Snipe your target, drop the rifle and back-track through the way you came in. Take the same staircase down to the first floor. As you come out of the staircase on the first floor, turn right and go back in to the hall. Now turn right again and head out this door.

Be careful not to run as you walk past the garbage bins and then right. Walk towards the truck and past it, not running, as there are two guards. Make your way back to the street and back to the manhole you came out of. From here just back-track to the Metro station and to the subcar.

Congratulations! If you didn't get Silent Assassin then you just got Professional.
---
Deaths Esadth
#5R i c kPosted 3/11/2010 9:07:57 PM
Nice so far. I don't really get why you killed the second guard in Anathema, though. He's *sometimes* alerted when you drop off the ledge onto the basement stairs but if you're far enough away he won't notice and will always have his back turned. Also note that your rating goes down depending on shots fired, non-targets killed and alerts/close encounters. So killing a guard is a point against you while shooting a guard is two points against you. The reason I mention this is because you can bring anesthetic with you and if you use all 5 bottles to knock out a guard, he'll be out for about 5 minutes. So this way, as long as you complete the mission within 5 minutes of knocking him out, you don't get any points against you at all. If he wakes up you get a point against you... Can't remember if it counts as a close encounter or an alert, though. Probably an alert.

Some of the missions are rather difficult to get really stealthy on and they don't really penalize you for not being stealthy so even Silent Assassin ratings are good. Just as an interesting note, though, the game can be completed with 2 shots fired and all zeroes for the rest of your stats (not counting the very last mission). Although that kinda requires an exploit to kill Mr. 17. If you don't wanna do the exploit, then minimum stats are 2 shots fired and 1 kill.

The most annoying missions have to be Hidden Valley and Temple City Ambush. Both don't give you much room for error and both have wonky coding which makes it worse. In HV you have trucks running through the tunnel and sometimes a ninja gets run over and killed. This is why you sometimes get random alerts on this mission even without killing anyone. The ninja can also spot you a mile away so you absolutely can not be seen. Fun.

In TCA there's a guy with a purple turban that has some messed up programming. If this guy ever spots you he will follow you perfectly forever. You can do laps around the city and hide behind some pots, upstairs in a store after getting a mile long lead and he will go straight to you like a bloodhound. He won't alert anyone unless he sees you pull out a gun but if you haven't given the photos to your contact, this guy will tail you to your contact and kill him without fail. In other words, if the purple turban guy spots you, you have to restart if you don't want to kill him and hurt your rating. The other problem with this mission is the assassin on patrol in the square is pretty difficult to kill without being seen by anyone.

There's a few more missions with slightly wonky coding but these two are the most difficult. The others can be worked around easily enough. Well good luck.

---
"We won. We must have been right." - Aeon Flux
#6Esadth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2010 11:11:32 AM
Killing the second guard in Anathema is, as you said, to avoid being spotted should you accidentally fall of the ledge. While it doesn't really affect your final rating, I do agree that it's better to leave him alone if you're experienced. Also, I always use anaesthetic as well instead of the fiber wire as it doesn't count towards aggression, but there are some levels where, unless you know exactly where you're doing, not killing the guard can prove to be hazardous as you'll be found out almost instantly.

Take for example Invitation To A Party: the waiter at the beginning. I once tried to just incapacitate him, but when I was in the ballroom he came to and I got an alert warning. Next thing I know, I'm being shot at. So sometimes it's better to kill the guard just to be safe.

Now, I agree that it's better NOT to use bullets if you don't have to, or to get a pure head-shot; but sometimes you cannot sneak up on a constantly pacing guard and there is no other way.

Plus, I also found that certain levels such as Shogun Showdown, have a nice little trick. In the level you can get a bomb and place it on the 5th floor, just below Hayamoto. Then proceed down two floors to make sure you're not in the blast radius (I suggest making your way all the way to the helicopter as after you detonate the bomb guards will more than likely start shooting at you). Even though you kill Hayamoto and many other guards as well as innocents, it never counts against you, in truth. You will no doubt get the rating of Executioner, but you will not gain many, if not any, aggression points. At the most you will have only one innocence death toll and no enemies killed.

Anyways. The next mission I plan to post about is Kirov Park Meeting. A very easy mission that can be done with no kills except the targets.
---
Deaths Esadth
#7Esadth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2010 11:18:54 AM
<u> Kirov Park Meeting </u>

---------------------------------------
100% Ranking: Silent Assassin
---------------------------------------

Okay. So you'll start off on the pier next to your boat. If you have any rifles equipped, drop them. Make your way up the stairs and you'll see some garbage bins. A guard comes to patrol around here and if he sees you he'll run up to you, so try to avoid him. Get to you pick-up point that is placed between the two garbage bins and take ONLY the two car bombs. Wait for the limo to pass, if it hasn't already, and wait for the guard to go back around the corner.

Make your way to the manhole nearest you. Bring up your map and take note of the numerous exits. You want to the farthest top left exit. Make your way through the sewers and be sure to HURRY. You're on a bit of a time clock here so you have to fast.

Don't go all the way out of the manhole, but instead angle your camera so you can see. If you were quick enough you should see one of the limo drivers coming around the corner, if not, he'll be urinating over in the corner of the building. Sneak up on him, use your anastesia, take his clothes and then make your way to the mafia lord's limo. Don't worry about the guards; just place the car bomb on to the limo then make your way back to the manhole you cam out of.

Bring up your map once you're back in the sewers. (Now my memory of how the map looks is a bit foggy, so I may not be 100% correct about the location.) There should be an exit nearby the manhole you first came down over by the pier. Make your way over to it and go up the ladder leading out. You won't be able to go all the way as the other limo is parked over it. Plant the bomb, climb down and make your way to the pier's manhole.

Climb out, make your way over to your boat and then wait for the objective update.

Congratulations! You just got Silent Assassin, and no doubt, the SD Ballers.
---
Deaths Esadth