Strange Sound\Music Bug

#1ReaperDoomguyPosted 12/17/2012 2:07:43 PM
One of my friends told me that he had a copy of Hitman 2 for the PS2 a while back, he said that the game was terribly unplayable. He said that there was no sound or music other than the gun sounds, but the most chilling thing he mentioned was that no one's voice clips would play, but instead were replaced by what he said were beeps, "Like, Imagine the longest bad word ever, and when one finished, the other's "beep sound" dialogue would start. He said it would occur everywhere in the game except for when he was in a blizzard.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this bug. Has anyone?
#2baueris24Posted 12/18/2012 7:46:56 AM
I've never experienced a problem with the audio that I can remember with this game. However I have a used copy of Blood Money and on one of the scenes of the game when the characters talk, they stand there completely silent. There may have been a loud noise that played too at this part but I'm not sure it's been a while since I played it. It must be from the scratches on the disc. Does your friend's copy of this game have many scratches on it?
#3ReaperDoomguy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 8:13:34 PM
baueris24 posted...
I've never experienced a problem with the audio that I can remember with this game. However I have a used copy of Blood Money and on one of the scenes of the game when the characters talk, they stand there completely silent. There may have been a loud noise that played too at this part but I'm not sure it's been a while since I played it. It must be from the scratches on the disc. Does your friend's copy of this game have many scratches on it?

Yes, he told me that he got the game when he was younger, so chances are that it suffered so many scratches that it corrupted most of the sound.