why is the game so friggin easy on VETERAN?

#11xchatx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2008 9:18:33 AM
okay this is getting really confusing.. both of you wanted me to extract mstalker from the archives.. but I just checked and in E:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\config\creatures, voila another mstalker file...

Im really confused here.. what im i suppose to do, modify stalker in gamedata.db0 (extracted to a folder) or the actual game folder E:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\config\creatures ?!?!?
#12xchatx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2008 9:57:08 AM
ive had it.. lol... theres no mstalker file to be found in oblivion lost..

Im just gonna edit my mstalker in E:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\config\creatures with the values you posted above.

[stalker_vision_free]
min_view_distance = 0.4 ; коэффициент, который множится на eye_range, в зависимости от угла
max_view_distance = 0.8 ; коэффициент, который множится на eye_range, в зависимости от угла
visibility_threshold = 150.0 ; значение, при достижении суммой которого объект считается видимым
always_visible_distance = 0.1
time_quant = 0.005
decrease_value = 0.1 ; значение, на которое уменьшается вес, если объект попал в фрустум, но отсёкся по каким-то причинам
velocity_factor = 0.5
luminocity_factor = 0.5 ; фактор освещения (только для Актёра)
transparency_threshold = 0.4 ; 0.75

[stalker_vision_danger]
min_view_distance = 0.7 ; коэффициент, который множится на eye_range, в зависимости от угла
max_view_distance = 1.0 ; коэффициент, который множится на eye_range, в зависимости от угла
visibility_threshold = 120.0 ; значение, при достижении суммой которого объект считается видимым
always_visible_distance = 0.2
time_quant = 0.001
decrease_value = 0.01 ; значение, на которое уменьшается вес, если объект попал в фрустум, но отсёкся по каким-то причинам
velocity_factor = 0.5
luminocity_factor = 0.5 ; фактор освещения (только для Актёра)
transparency_threshold = 0.4 ; 0.25

[stalker_sound_perceive]
weapon = 2; 0.75; 10 коэффициент усиления приоритета\силы звука
item = 0.5; коэффициент усиления приоритета\силы звука
npc = 1;1;2 коэффициент усиления приоритета\силы звука
anomaly = 0.0; коэффициент усиления приоритета\силы звука
world = 0.2; коэффициент усиления приоритета\силы звука

;---SOUND-------------------------------------------------------------
sound_threshold = 0.08
self_sound_factor = 0.1 ;1.0
self_decrease_quant = 250 ; in milliseconds
self_decrease_factor = 0.95 ; fading factor
killer_clsids = Z_MINCER,Z_GALANT,ZS_BFUZZ,ZS_MBALD,ZS_GALAN,ZS_MINCE
sound_perceive_section = stalker_sound_perceive

;---VISIBILITY--------------------------------------------------------
vision_danger_section = stalker_vision_danger
vision_free_section = stalker_vision_free
eye_fov = 110;120
eye_range = 80
far_plane_factor = 1.0 ; фактор дальности тумана
fog_density_factor = 0.05 ; фактор плотности тумана
#13xchatx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2008 11:46:20 AM
Either my entire system crashes, or I can kill the process, but i have no clue as to whats going on here really..but i cant play the game as of now, everytime i try to load my saves the system crashes, log says:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_gulag.script:174: attempt to index local 'job' (a nil value)

stack trace:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_gulag.script:174: attempt to index local 'job' (a nil value)

stack trace:

FATAL ERROR

stack trace:

FATAL ERROR

#14xchatx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2008 12:00:43 PM
Im just gonna edit my mstalker in E:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\config\creatures with the values you posted above.

I guess that wasnt the right order?
#15xchatx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2008 9:40:24 AM
Lucian04, xerotonine you guys have any ideas?

I'm gonna try installing all the mods described in this thread but im not gonna edit mstalker and see if the game boots or crashes.

I still dont know what "vanilla" is, and how/what mstalker to edit.
#16bunny_wabbitPosted 4/24/2008 9:46:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_software
#17xchatx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2008 10:21:41 AM
thanks bunny_wabbit

this game is killing me.. i did a system restore on my system (clean system). I deleted all the stalker files, saved my save folder of course. Installed the game, tried to load my saves, and wth its the same friggin error

"FATAL ERROR

[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 342
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'yad'"

How on earth is this possible after a clean install with NO mods?????

Like I said I uninstalled the game (deleted the game folder as well), deleted All Users\Documents\STALKER-SHOC.
#18Bane_v2Posted 4/24/2008 10:55:27 AM
I'm using the AMK mod, PLR's Realistic Weapons (AMK version) and playing on Veteran.

The bandits in Strelok's hideout are royally kicking my ass. There's just a lot of them in a small space plus they throw grenades now and just holy crap. I don't know how many times I've died trying to clear them out.

Besides that, just getting past the Bandit camp in the Garbage to get to Agroprom in the first place was a chore and a half.

If you're looking for increased difficulty beyond the vanilla game I would suggest trying these mods.

AMK:

http://amk-team.ru/forum/index.php?s=8e5580b85fc9353e8527f328e261b324&showtopic=480

PLR's Realistic Weapons (AMK Version):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCPZP7K4

PS: Don't forget Stalker Weather Overhaul too. That mod is the best Stalker mod on the net.
#19xchatx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2008 10:59:53 AM
im so pissed.... the game is still giving me the same crap even after a 3rd install, and once more I deleted all the game files etc etc

now it refuses to even load my saves, instead of loading the proper level, im back in the begining of the game.

Curious will this pathetic crap happen everytime you play stalker? if so im gonna crack my disc. i dont waste time playing games thats not even stable after retail.

I can restart the game from the begining, i only lost like 8 hours or so, but if this sht will repeat it self whats the point?
#20Bane_v2Posted 4/24/2008 11:15:44 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you save your game while using mods and then remove some or all of those mods those saves will no longer load because the data they're looking to load is no longer available. Seems logical to me.

The vanilla game is perfectly stable. You cannot blame the game for being unstable when it's the user-created mods and your own tampering with ltx files that is causing you grief.