Pseudo Dog

#1Jade_MonkeyPosted 6/26/2008 8:12:11 AM
Where in Cordon do I find a Pseudo Dog ? I am trying to complete the quest for the Trader to find the tail of a Pseudo dog but I can't find it. I have been all over Cordon looking in fields and tunnels but have come up empty. Can anyone give me an idea of the best place to look ?
#2Evil_Random_ManPosted 6/26/2008 8:23:40 AM
Why would you want to do that quest?
---
Don't eat me.
#3Jade_Monkey(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2008 9:33:54 AM

Evil_Random_Man posted...
Why would you want to do that quest?
---
Don't eat me.

It was available. He was offering 4 different quests (you can do all if you want) and I figured why not do it before I go back to garbage to furthur the main quest.

#4ziegdPosted 6/26/2008 9:35:07 AM

:roll:

Why people can't just answer the poster's question, or ignore it, is beyond me. I do that quest regularly, since it's a nice little payoff (1500 RU and 50 Shotgun Darts) for simply handing him something you pick up randomly. PLUS they lead to additional quests for greater payoffs. In Yantar, turning in the series of body parts that Professor asks for nets a total of 14,500RU, 3 Sci-Meds, 30 Darts and a SUSAT scope. I just collect them all as I find them and haul them to Yantar whenever I go there. Easy money.

To the TC...the appearance of a psuedo-dog in Cordon is somewhat random (iirc, I've found one there only 1-2 times). You'll probably need to visit another area...Garbage usually has them spawning regularly. In the future, just stockpile bodyparts as you find them, and usually a trader somewhere will offer you a mission for them. If not, you can sell them...the Professor in Yantar offers the best prices, and he has specific missions for (in this order): Snork foot, Flesh eye, Blind-dog tail, Boars hoof, Bloodsucker Jaw. (Note that Sid in Cordon will also offer you a quest for Bloodsucker jaws, but they're pretty rare, so save any you find for Yantar, since Prof. pays 6000RU, vs 3000 from Sid.)

#5solrackaiPosted 6/26/2008 9:37:15 AM
Well if you do that quest you get 50 dart rounds for you shotgun, that would be a reason to do it.

You will find pseudo dogs on the road from garbage to the bar area, you may have to kill a good amount before you find a tail on one of the bodies but the area before you enter the bar respawns pseudo dogs a plenty.
#6ziegdPosted 6/26/2008 9:51:03 AM
#7Jade_Monkey(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2008 11:13:26 AM
ziegd posted...

:roll:

Why people can't just answer the poster's question, or ignore it, is beyond me. I do that quest regularly, since it's a nice little payoff (1500 RU and 50 Shotgun Darts) for simply handing him something you pick up randomly. PLUS they lead to additional quests for greater payoffs. In Yantar, turning in the series of body parts that Professor asks for nets a total of 14,500RU, 3 Sci-Meds, 30 Darts and a SUSAT scope. I just collect them all as I find them and haul them to Yantar whenever I go there. Easy money.

To the TC...the appearance of a psuedo-dog in Cordon is somewhat random (iirc, I've found one there only 1-2 times). You'll probably need to visit another area...Garbage usually has them spawning regularly. In the future, just stockpile bodyparts as you find them, and usually a trader somewhere will offer you a mission for them. If not, you can sell them...the Professor in Yantar offers the best prices, and he has specific missions for (in this order): Snork foot, Flesh eye, Blind-dog tail, Boars hoof, Bloodsucker Jaw. (Note that Sid in Cordon will also offer you a quest for Bloodsucker jaws, but they're pretty rare, so save any you find for Yantar, since Prof. pays 6000RU, vs 3000 from Sid.)

Thank you ery much for the info. I still have something like 23 hours to finish it so I can get to Garbage and back in time. I have a good stockpile of dog tails, boars hoof, and flesh eye going so I I am in good shape for this Yantar guy. Thanks also for your comment about other peoples comments not being helpful. Thank you also to the poster who posted after ziegd.

#8yienmasterPosted 6/26/2008 12:47:49 PM
Head East in Cordon along the road outside of the bandit infested group of houses. There is a tunnel over there at the edge of the map. I usually see a pseudo dog somewhere between the houses and the tunnel, near or on the road. Twice I've been there today and both times I saw at least 1 pseudo dog.

---
Gamertag: Yienmaster
#9ssconvertPosted 6/26/2008 8:16:50 PM

Um just a quick question, is there a normal dog and a psuedo dog? I've killed dogs a plenty and found a few dogs tails but none specifically for a psuedo dog. Is there only 1 type of dog?

#10ziegdPosted 6/27/2008 7:29:30 AM

The most common 'dog' (and the one you probably have tails for) is the Blind Dog. They look like regular dogs and aren't too tough, unless you get surrounded by a huge pack.

Psuedo Dogs are actually mutated wolves, and are much more dangerous, due to their leaping attacks. They usually move in pairs, or alone. (Occasionaly, they'll also run in large packs, but I've only seen that in Garbage.) Their tails are much rarer, and command a higher price.