Vexx Fans Here 2.0 (Potential Spoilers)

#281trazomPosted 1/2/2011 9:34:33 AM
Even though I have Vexx on the Gamecube, I am posting here since no one visits the GC boards anymore.

I first tried playing vexx several years ago and had a very tough time. What frustrated me the most was the camera. I am always used to having the camera at the back of the character I am controlling. Many times in Vexx, I was forced to make very difficult jumps sideways. That plus the repetition of doing the same thing over and over caused me to give up with about 47 wraithhearts.

But after watching some Vexx videos on YouTube, I decided to open up Vexx again two weeks ago and start from scratch. This time, the same frustrations were there but I perservered enough to achieve my 60th wraithheart today.

Vexx is truly a great platforming game which I believe could have been more enjoyable with a more controllable camera and a manual save at any point like some other platformers.

Anyway, I have no intention on fighting the final boss right now. At least I am at that point.
#282Doom2006Posted 1/3/2011 8:43:02 AM
Yeah, I should find that game again and beat it. It's been years since I played it.... 6 or 7, think.

---
GT: WelcomedDread
"We walk by a shoe store and it's like a fly going to a fly zapper." - mario_pot about his girlfriend
#283Wolverine109(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2011 1:17:41 AM
I'd also say that I should go back and play it but I just know I won't. Although I think I did briefly play it back when my 360 last red ringed. xD

---
GT: VVolverin3
^ That's with 2 "V"s not a "W" ^
#284Wolverine109(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2011 12:54:41 AM
Been playing Halo Reach lately, it's really quite good imo.
---
#285Doom2006Posted 1/30/2011 10:40:38 PM
Is it? I'm planning on getting Bioshock 2 and ME2 soon(tm). Otherwise, been playing Burnout: Paradise, BC2, and doing school stuff.

Opeth - The Night And The Silent Water
---
"We walk by a shoe store and it's like a fly going to a fly zapper." - mario_pot about his girlfriend
#286Wolverine109(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2011 1:39:18 AM
I've hardly even been logging in anymore. Wow. I just finished BioShock 2 recently, but I won't say anything as I don't want to bias your opinion of it. Granted you may have finished it by now too, s'been like 2 weeks since your post. But this topic may just get there yet...

Dream Theater - A Nightmare to Remember
---
#287KFHEWUIPosted 2/18/2011 1:09:05 PM
I played Vexx today for about ten minutes before quitting. I do not know why, but I find the XBox version to be unplayable. In the PS2 version, I made it to the final boss with not much trouble except for that awful hydro charger heart.
---
"Leaks. Lunatics. Rebellion. And now bleeding ghosts. Ain't life in Rapture grand?" McDonagh, from Bioshock.
#288Wolverine109(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2011 9:50:02 PM
Odd, you just prefer the PS2 controller maybe? I much prefer to play it on Xbox, but then I haven't actually played it on PS2 so I don't really have a point of comparison ha.
---
#289Doom2006Posted 3/10/2011 1:41:40 AM
Yeah, I never could stand Sony's controller style. Microsoft ftw!
---