Does anyone know the actual mechanics of the Dragon's Tear stat?

#1TtrumpPPosted 8/7/2008 12:15:13 PM
Like, is it a number of battles thing, or a number of monsters killed while in the party and such. Also, despite what I have read, you don't need to have it flashing to be able to use missle. Blue/green and possibly green work as well.
---
to every night there shall come a day, even forever has to come to an end.... I think~Kato
#2The_DustPosted 8/27/2008 7:06:36 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/563530/5436
#3TtrumpP(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2008 8:54:42 AM
Actually, that doesn't answer the question... In fact, that is so outdated that the author didn't know that the Dragon Tear stat had any bearing on the spell Missle.
---
to every night there shall come a day, even forever has to come to an end.... I think~Kato
#4_KazPosted 9/11/2008 10:18:06 PM
BSiron's FAQ tells us that the tear has 16 colors and a range of 256 "notches."
I theorize that each color equals, at the very worst, 16 fights. (Tear level raises for each battle someone is with the Hero/Ryu)

So if a party member has just reached Greenish yellow and there will be no plot-choices that will raise/lower their tear-value, it will take 112 fights to raise it to Rainbow, and 128 to max it out.

~Kaz
---
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
#5TtrumpP(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2008 9:05:21 PM
I suppose that would be the best guess on the matter... Especially since I feel a bit silly about this... I was so busy looking for an answer written out when I could have just put a little more thought into it. I think I will check it out at a later point.
---
#6_KazPosted 9/15/2008 8:55:08 PM
Naw, it's a valid question with plenty of valid points. The FAQs never explicitly state what the tears can do, and the topic that explained a bunch of mysterious BoF2 mechanics (Tear, I remember, included) was old and did not archive. Plus all the events which alter Mood to an unspecified degree.

~Kaz
---
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
#7VicomteDeChaneyPosted 9/25/2008 3:54:45 PM
The tear shows their affection/mood towards you. You're always orange, so it's showing you're modest.

The only time when the tear actually matters (that I can think of off hand), is with one of the townsfolk. The one you get from Gandaroof's mind. He'll teach you spells. Which spell depends on his mood towards you. If he's near rainbow or rainbow, he'll teach missile. Which is what I believe started this confusion.
---
The power of the 27 true runes won't save you any money on your car insurance.