This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can I put Terras Morph to good use?

#1Lunitik56Posted 5/14/2010 12:44:26 PM
As soon as I morph I attack or something and she switches back before i can even attack! WTF
---
PSN: Lt_Dan87
"My bank rolls, got the cops comin in plain clothes." - Nas
#2assassin17Posted 5/14/2010 12:55:59 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/554041-final-fantasy-iii/faqs/13573 -- Section 6.4
#3Lunitik56(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2010 1:25:39 PM
So its useless
---
#4CutterDeBlancPosted 5/14/2010 1:35:16 PM
You gain Morph time based on how many Magic Points Terra has. Using the ability drains it quickly. It's best utilized in boss battles. It's very much not useless, as mighty-morphin Terra curb stomps most baddies with ease.

---
No habla espaņol.
#5Lunitik56(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2010 2:28:51 PM
So whats the longest you can be morphed for? I dunno seems like a waste of a turn, there are so many powerful attacks in this game that can be used
---
#6blueflame7Posted 5/14/2010 2:30:49 PM
as does anyone else with a normal special. the only difference is they can use theirs on normal enemies too. morph is useless because this game is too easy.

on some of the hardtype hacks though morph decent.
---
The Cake, however, is a delicious gooey pile of OH MY GOD WHY THE **** WON'T YOU DIE????????- tidus9554
#7TriforceSDPosted 5/14/2010 2:31:29 PM
While there is a limit, I believe you can obtain literally dozens of magic points for Terra. After a while, you should be able to keep her in Esper form for up to a minute maybe..especially if you save it for bosses or other high HP enemies...

---
Darill's Tomb is a good place to find a lot of free Holy Waters. Don't forget this!
Hey! I share Locke's last name. Just maybe he is my long lost brother?
#8CutterDeBlancPosted 5/14/2010 2:43:32 PM
As for wasting a turn, she gets one almost immediately after morphing.

---
No habla espaņol.
#9MeepleLardiclePosted 5/14/2010 3:55:07 PM
The game gives you an illusion that she's wasting her turn, but the instant she morphs, if you press X/Y to cycle through your team, she can act immediately.

I dunno how you can call it worthless considering she can actually one shot bosses in the first half of the game with it, and its one of your best sources of offense for a good part of the WoR (she can keep up with Sabin's Bum Rush in the 2nd half of the game) against bosses there as well.

Its useful for Bosses, basically. Not useful for randoms, but she doesn't really need it for randoms, cause her magic is strong enough to take out things. Dunno how you can call it "useless" honestly.

And by Blueflame's logic, EVERYTHING is useless cause the game is too easy. Everyone can just learn big spells and nuke things dead, afterall, and no, don't go saying "But Sabin's Bum Rush does it better!" cause the Phoenix Cave dies to Level 2's pretty well, and then you get Ultima making Bum Rush useless. Your Logic = Flawed.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#10MeepleLardiclePosted 5/14/2010 4:01:38 PM
just to drive the point home regarding Morph and "there are so many strong attacks in the game":

Terra's Fire 2 Morphed, level 25, no Esper Boosts, with Mystery Veil as her only buff, 150 Magic Defense: 1818
Edgar's Chain Saw, twinked to fullest, same level: 2009

Looks like Edgar wins, ubt bare in mind that:
A. Terra isn't using any Earrings
B. Terra can hit weakness (3 weaknesses at that)
C. Stuff like White Dress, Blizzard, etc. exists.
D. Chain Saw is unreliable and can randomly do useless instant death vs. Bosses.

If you factor in all that, the amount of damage this raises it to can be...rather disgusting, especially since I held things AGAINST Terra, and I didn't note everything she can take advantage of.

This is a WoB comparison, bare in mind; come WoR, she can easily hit 8000 rather easily at level 30 with NO Esper Boosts using a level 2 spell...and that's assuming 150 Magic Defense (higher end of what is "normal.")

Again, just saying "so many strong moves exist" is meaningless, cause Terra hits this disgusting damage much faster than anyone else.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!