This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Floating Continent - Am I screwed?

#1sargeronPosted 1/3/2011 4:39:51 PM
Just got to the floating continent and I get the impression I'm underleveled as I'm having a hell of a time dealing with some of the monsters. Is there any way to get off without going through the whole thing?
#2FFVIPosted 1/3/2011 4:49:21 PM
You can always just die. But otherwise no. Not until near the end of it... I always thought that was kinda ridiculous myself.
---
~FFVI/FF6andLufiaCrazed
Currently playing (by mostly): Rock Band 3, Tales of Vesperia, Halo Reach; Soon to play: Lufia DS, DQ4, FFD PSP
#3sargeron(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2011 4:56:41 PM
I already saved while on the continent.

Damn it.

Well there goes 15 hours down the drain. Pretty sure theres no way in hell I can finish it at these levels. Im just getting destroyed.
#4The SinistralPosted 1/3/2011 5:28:39 PM
You can leave the floating continent if you can make it far enough. You have the option of jumping back on the airship
---
He's not gone! He's never gone!! You see??!
- Dr. Marvin, What About Bob
#5sargeron(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2011 5:34:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6sargeron(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2011 5:35:15 PM
Does that affect anything with the whole

*spoilers*

Shadow possibly dying?
#7FalrothPosted 1/3/2011 5:53:14 PM
that is not affected until after you finish the floating continent.. so you can leave without worrying
#8sandmanofdarkdreamsPosted 1/3/2011 6:07:43 PM
Ah I remember this was my "wake up call" for the game too. You can just play through the game up to this point without any grinding, but its where you will first learn the hard way to use different strategies and exploit enemy weaknesses unless you just decide to over level.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#9CyclonicWindsPosted 1/4/2011 2:48:48 AM
There's this one super secret move you can do that not many know about...

RUN!
#10Andydark1Posted 1/5/2011 7:33:09 AM

Actually, aren't there a few encounters you can't flee from on the Floating Continent?

...Like the Ninjas? Or am I mistaken.

I wasn't one to run from battles it was typically a "Pull through by the skin of your teeth" kind of thing.