This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about leveling up, Magic points, and Espers.

#1Keric22Posted 10/20/2011 4:38:10 PM
Okay, so I recently got into FF3/6, despite the fact that the game seems to be destroying me slightly because I just never really liked it or got used to it, only because of how much I've been reading up on it. So I'm playing through the game, occasionally using guides and looking at the board here on Gamefaqs, and things like that for tips and tricks.

So where I'm at right now is after the Magitek Factory, and I'm supposed to be visiting the gate where the Esper World is or something like that. I'm just grinding all my characters up a little bit into their lower to mid-twenties, and I have fifteen Espers. The one you purchase from the shady guy in a town for 3K Gil, the two won at the auction, and the first four you get then all the rest from the Magitek Factory. I'm going to be grinding all the Espers up on every one of my characters so far, so that's Setzer, Cyan, Locke, Terra, Gau, Edgar, and Sabin. And by grinding, I mean getting enough magic points so they know the spells of every Esper I have, unique to that one or otherwise.

A question out of curiosity is, if I were to hit level 99, could I not grind for any more magic points for Esper skills? Or would that only be for the level up bonus of having an Esper equipped, that really matters? That's the only thing I'm concerned about with this run through of the game.

Thanks to anyone who reads or replies.
#2CKK10355Posted 10/20/2011 4:41:54 PM
you can keep learning the magics the espers have even if you are max level, just not the level bonuses.

the level up bonuses doesn't even matter anyway since you grinding away.
#3Keric22(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2011 4:43:05 PM
Thanks. I've just been grinding at the triangle island at the top right of the map in the World of Balance for 10 MP, Doom then just healing up since that guy keeps casting Quake. Glad to know, thanks!
#4Keric22(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2011 4:51:29 PM
Correction* Meteo, not Quake. My bad.
#5AlgusPosted 10/20/2011 9:57:33 PM
You can also fight on the Veldt if you want. You still get Magic Points but not EXP so if you are thinking you want to stat maximize your characters, you could get all the spells on the Veldt without leveling up.
---
Actually, depravity can be very boring if you don't smoke or drink.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Algus/gfaq/14.jpg
#6MeepleLardiclePosted 10/21/2011 7:59:26 AM
Gonna toss in the Phantom Forest as a good efficient place for Magic Points at little EXP.

The Intangir is 10 magic points, but every other fight is 0 and Intangir isn't the most common of fights, and that Meteor thing is a bit of a pain. Phantom Forest, every fight gives at least 1, and single ghost fights give 3 Magic Points. You can run back and forth mashing "Attack" and there's even a nice Full Healing Spring there (albeit, with the Airship, that's kind of negligible as it has free full healing itself.)
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#7TriforceSDPosted 10/21/2011 5:28:18 PM
Did we ever figure out what the reasoning was behind why single Ghosts and Harvesters give 3 MP?

I felt that the original intent was because some enemies are more dangerous alone, but clearly this is not the case, as single slamdancers, as we all know, are dangerous alone, and they give but one MP.

As I said before, programming at it's best! lol
---
The charred Gameboy that survived through it all!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeTXPaewMo
#8CKK10355Posted 10/21/2011 9:24:47 PM
isn't it obvious? ghosts are more magical
#9MrL1193Posted 10/21/2011 10:09:46 PM
CKK10355 posted...
isn't it obvious? ghosts are more magical

More magical when they're alone? And what about Harvesters, who definitely are not magical?
---
Knowledge is power, and ignorance is bliss.
Unfortunately, most people won't settle for one; they usually end up with neither.
#10MeepleLardiclePosted 10/22/2011 6:31:15 AM
TriforceSD posted...
Did we ever figure out what the reasoning was behind why single Ghosts and Harvesters give 3 MP?

I felt that the original intent was because some enemies are more dangerous alone, but clearly this is not the case, as single slamdancers, as we all know, are dangerous alone, and they give but one MP.

As I said before, programming at it's best! lol

Magic Points are based on enemy Formation, not the enemy themselves. FF games sometimes use this (FF5 and FF9 are other examples), hence why you can gain Magic Points (or AP) in fights even when every enemy runs, but not EXP/GP, which are enemy based.

Or in some cases, where AP does not reflect amount of enemies. In FF5, for example , 2 Statues is 4 AP, so logically a 5 statue fight should be 10, right? Its not, actually 7 AP (or something along those lines)

If I had to guess, hidden bonus thing of sorts. Backtrack to an area, and fight a formation with really awful rewards, now you get surprisingly good rewards for the ridiculously low effort. That's about all I can come up with.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!