This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What FFVI hacks are recommended?

#1OmfgitsBlahPosted 4/1/2012 4:56:19 PM
Played the Super Bosses one a while ago, and the SomethingAwful conversion. Any other recommendation?
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible, Row, Row, Fight the power!
Touch the untouchable, Break the unbreakable, Row, Row, Fight the power!
#2WhPlaguePosted 4/1/2012 5:26:03 PM
Those three bug fixes are must haves:

- Evade Patch.. It makes physical evade actually worth something. Previously useless relics (Sniper Sight, Beads) suddenly become useful. Dark status actually works. Magic Evade is no longer the be-all, end-all it was NEVER meant to be.

- Inverted damage if undead fix. Fixes the bug that causes some undead monsters to lose HP if they have seizure status.

- Capture fix. When using Capture, makes the special effects of weapons actually work in addition to stealing.

This one is good too if you like using Shadow:

- Sticky Shadow patch. Prevents Shadow from leaving in the places where he has 1/16 chance to do so after every battle. It makes taking Shadow to Zozo a viable option.

Those three below are not really bug fixes, they are only there to improve Rage, Slots and SwdTech.

- Alphabetical Rage list. Sorts it alphabetically both in the menu and in battle.

- Slots fix. Removes the slots built-in 'rigging' . Allows you to actually use the airship and dragon slots, assuming you can time properly.

- SwdTech fast charge. What it says on the tin - Cyan's SwdTech gauge charges very fast.
#3WhPlaguePosted 4/1/2012 6:14:59 PM
I'd like to add that the Inverted Damage if undead fix adds bug that needs to be fixed manually with FF3USMe: it makes most Undead actually damage from Poison/Bio/Virite/Acid Rain, because their Poison absorption gets reversed. It was weird to see Sabin, equipped with the Poison Claw, heal the undead with his weapon strike, then damage it with the "Poison" spell effect!

So, the fix is to UNCHECK the (redundant) "Inv damage/cure for undead" checkbox for Poison/Bio/Virite/Acid Rain spells.

This also make undead Gau able to be healed by those four spells.
#4WhPlaguePosted 4/1/2012 6:17:49 PM
aaaaargh...... but now I discovered that characters with the Relic Ring take damage from poison spells... what to do, what to do...
#5WhPlaguePosted 4/1/2012 6:19:37 PM
I know! I'll just stick Poison absorption on the Relic Ring itself.

Voila!
#6CreepGnomePosted 4/1/2012 6:26:45 PM
FF6 Evil Type is a lot of fun to play. It rebalances the player characters and abilities, and makes the game slightly harder overall.
---
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#7MeepleLardiclePosted 4/1/2012 6:42:21 PM
- Evade Patch.. It makes physical evade actually worth something. Previously useless relics (Sniper Sight, Beads) suddenly become useful. Dark status actually works. Magic Evade is no longer the be-all, end-all it was NEVER meant to be.

While I do want to say "evade doesn't have enough of an impact to matter" I'll just not argue about this one HOWEVER...

- Inverted damage if undead fix. Fixes the bug that causes some undead monsters to lose HP if they have seizure status.

This is a completely pointless patch. Oh look! Whispers are regening 6 HP instead of taking 6 HP damage! Its not like Sabin, Cyan AND Shadow OHKO them effortlessly without breaking a sweat at full HP!

...seriously, this is a completely stupid patch that's just there for flavoring. Yes, it might be technically wrong, but the impact is non-existent.

To be fair, I guess it fixes the Poison Factor, but...how often does this come up? Who actually fights Undead with Poison?

- Capture fix. When using Capture, makes the special effects of weapons actually work in addition to stealing.

Umm...can you even prove this is a bug to begin with? Its consistent with how FF5 did things after all, and from my understanding, the effect is "Capture replaces weapon's special effect with "Steal As Well" factor, so yeah.

To honestly, what kind of impact is this seriously going to have on the game? Oh, it lets Locke instant death enemies while stealing!

...wait, why are you stealing using Capture with an instant death weapon to begin with? Talk about clashing of uses right there...

Evade is arguable at least, for all that the impact is almost unnoticeable in the grand scheme of the things, but the other two are just plain silly to even bother with (especially since one I'm not even convinced is a bug)

That said, I'll second the Evil Type recommendation.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#8WhPlaguePosted 4/1/2012 6:49:37 PM
>>>To honestly, what kind of impact is this seriously going to have on the game? Oh, it lets Locke instant death enemies while stealing!

ValiantKnife
#9MeepleLardiclePosted 4/1/2012 6:51:34 PM
...and what pray-tell does Valiant Knife + Capture actually achieve? Give me a case where I'll actually care about that...
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#10WhPlaguePosted 4/1/2012 7:01:22 PM
Deal the correct damage while also stealing?