This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is the relic ring all that useful?

#1Ibrahem207Posted 10/4/2013 1:09:53 PM
I remember (and I may be incorrect here) that if you're character died with it on, and you tried to cast life on them, they would just get up and block it, and then fall down dead again.

Also can you use it to trick wreck-soul into thinking one of you're party members is dead?

are there times where you think that it can prove very useful?
#2TheOppositePosted 10/4/2013 1:19:05 PM
I never use it. Purposely making a character undead to heal them with Doom is redundant when there are much better relics to equip and I could just use Cure 3.
#3enigmatiqPosted 10/4/2013 6:12:28 PM
Be creative:
Give a character an X-type instant death weapon, the Cursed Shld and the Offering, and cover your whole party in Relic Rings and you'll see someting pretty cool in battles.
---
-Katana Crist [sic] [...] (MeepleLardicle)
-Savior of otaku (Lord Bob Bree)
#4trancer1Posted 10/4/2013 6:52:38 PM
It's useful when you go to pick up Relm in the WoR. Still Life and Chadarnook both have zombie attacks that the Relic Ring will block.

---
---
http://craigsfridaycocktails.blogspot.com/
Good Cocktails, Bad Comedy
#5SynapsisPosted 10/4/2013 9:27:16 PM
enigmatiq posted...
Be creative:
Give a character an X-type instant death weapon, the Cursed Shld and the Offering, and cover your whole party in Relic Rings and you'll see someting pretty cool in battles.

Wouldn't your party die as soon as the battle started?
#6Ibrahem207(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 4:03:09 AM
that was a pretty creative suggestion with offering curse shld thing; I don't know if it would actually work or not though.

there are some areas though; for example daryl's tomb when you get the falcon that have a lot of enemies that use zombie/death stuff.

Also does it shield from all instant death stuff or are there some attacks that it does not shield from?
#7Lord Bob BreePosted 10/5/2013 6:03:11 AM
Synapsis posted...
Wouldn't your party die as soon as the battle started?

No, the X-death weapon would constantly fully restore your party members.

Ibrahem207 posted...
Also does it shield from all instant death stuff or are there some attacks that it does not shield from?

It won't protect from things like X-Zone, Snare, slicing attacks like Odin/Raidin and Scimitar, Petrify, and instant-death specials (such as !Tradeoff)
---
raytan is The Man of Character Battle IX
"I like goldfish." Godric
#8ExcaliburPosted 10/5/2013 7:31:45 PM
I've never used it. Undead status isn't as useful in this game as it is in some of the other games in the series.
---
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.