How to maxiumize Aeolian Edge Dmg

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. How to maxiumize Aeolian Edge Dmg

User Info: Gundambone

Gundambone
5 years ago#1
What atmas do you use to get the most out of this WS?

Currently I have stout arm, Sea Daughter, and Razed Ruin and i barely pop 1k. Maybe its my dagger sux too because I'm still working on upgrading to Kila +2 but only on Dakini.

User Info: Thalandor46

Thalandor46
5 years ago#2
Brew! Duh!

But seriously, Aeolian Edge is a magic WS. The atma you list are all physical. RR will help a bit since it has a dex mod, but magic attack is going to be the biggest factor. I haven't played with it much personally, but skimming through the atma list quick, I would guess Gales, Ultimate, and Baying Moon would be your best bet (unless you by some off chance have Hell's Guardian).
"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man two fish, and he'll eat for two days."

User Info: Gundambone

Gundambone
5 years ago#3
Darn hahah none of which i have >< time to go farming for atmas i guess!

User Info: Asterian

Asterian
5 years ago#4
Also, as far as I know, weapon won't really matter. I do about the same on RDM with Aeolian Edge as I do on DNC. DNC has an Lv90 Evasion Kila and RDM has some random level 50something dagger I grabbed from the AH.

Edit: Under the effect of a Brew, anyway.
Asterian of Bismarck, Connoisseur of Dirt. BSTSUX
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.

User Info: Corkadile

Corkadile
5 years ago#5
I don't think any magic WSs really take your weapon DMG into account, do they?
This guy is not what he pretends to be. He's the Devil.

User Info: Asterian

Asterian
5 years ago#6
Corkadile posted...

Don't believe so. It would make sense that they wouldn't, but I haven't used enough of them to be absolutely sure. AE certainly doesn't, so I assume the rest would follow that trend.

After all these years you'd think I would know the small things...
Asterian of Bismarck, Connoisseur of Dirt. BSTSUX
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.

User Info: pies12

pies12
5 years ago#7
FinalDestiny420 posted...
Corkadile posted...

Don't believe so. It would make sense that they wouldn't, but I haven't used enough of them to be absolutely sure. AE certainly doesn't, so I assume the rest would follow that trend.

After all these years you'd think I would know the small things...

I would assume it doesn't since Wildfire doesn't.
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.

User Info: Corkadile

Corkadile
5 years ago#8
Some of the GKatana ones count partially in magic damage I think, but those are weird exceptions, not the norms. I don't think any other magic damage WS uses DMG at all, nor do the special ones like Spirits Within.
This guy is not what he pretends to be. He's the Devil.

User Info: -Renegade

-Renegade
5 years ago#9

thalandor46 posted...
Brew! Duh!

But seriously, Aeolian Edge is a magic WS. The atma you list are all physical. RR will help a bit since it has a dex mod, but magic attack is going to be the biggest factor. I haven't played with it much personally, but skimming through the atma list quick, I would guess Gales, Ultimate, and Baying Moon would be your best bet (unless you by some off chance have Hell's Guardian).
---
"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man two fish, and he'll eat for two days."

You forgot Atma of the Beyond! That's also a good one if you can't get Ultimate.

User Info: Thalandor46

Thalandor46
5 years ago#10
Because AE is wind based, Beyond has the same MAB as Baying Moon. I figured the extra attack from Baying Moon would be a better choice for THF. And I could only pick 3! :P
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. How to maxiumize Aeolian Edge Dmg

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived