This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to maxiumize Aeolian Edge Dmg

#1GundambonePosted 8/11/2011 8:39:31 AM
What atmas do you use to get the most out of this WS?

Currently I have stout arm, Sea Daughter, and Razed Ruin and i barely pop 1k. Maybe its my dagger sux too because I'm still working on upgrading to Kila +2 but only on Dakini.
#2Thalandor46Posted 8/11/2011 9:15:04 AM
Brew! Duh!

But seriously, Aeolian Edge is a magic WS. The atma you list are all physical. RR will help a bit since it has a dex mod, but magic attack is going to be the biggest factor. I haven't played with it much personally, but skimming through the atma list quick, I would guess Gales, Ultimate, and Baying Moon would be your best bet (unless you by some off chance have Hell's Guardian).
---
"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man two fish, and he'll eat for two days."
#3Gundambone(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 11:11:57 AM
Darn hahah none of which i have >< time to go farming for atmas i guess!
#4AsterianPosted 8/11/2011 1:20:38 PM(edited)
Also, as far as I know, weapon won't really matter. I do about the same on RDM with Aeolian Edge as I do on DNC. DNC has an Lv90 Evasion Kila and RDM has some random level 50something dagger I grabbed from the AH.

Edit: Under the effect of a Brew, anyway.
---
Asterian of Bismarck, Connoisseur of Dirt. BSTSUX
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.
#5CorkadilePosted 8/11/2011 2:00:50 PM
I don't think any magic WSs really take your weapon DMG into account, do they?
---
This guy is not what he pretends to be. He's the Devil.
#6AsterianPosted 8/11/2011 3:50:50 PM
Corkadile posted...

Don't believe so. It would make sense that they wouldn't, but I haven't used enough of them to be absolutely sure. AE certainly doesn't, so I assume the rest would follow that trend.

After all these years you'd think I would know the small things...
---
Asterian of Bismarck, Connoisseur of Dirt. BSTSUX
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.
#7pies12Posted 8/11/2011 4:14:58 PM
FinalDestiny420 posted...
Corkadile posted...

Don't believe so. It would make sense that they wouldn't, but I haven't used enough of them to be absolutely sure. AE certainly doesn't, so I assume the rest would follow that trend.

After all these years you'd think I would know the small things...

I would assume it doesn't since Wildfire doesn't.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#8CorkadilePosted 8/11/2011 4:42:22 PM
Some of the GKatana ones count partially in magic damage I think, but those are weird exceptions, not the norms. I don't think any other magic damage WS uses DMG at all, nor do the special ones like Spirits Within.
---
This guy is not what he pretends to be. He's the Devil.
#9-RenegadePosted 8/11/2011 10:04:12 PM

thalandor46 posted...
Brew! Duh!

But seriously, Aeolian Edge is a magic WS. The atma you list are all physical. RR will help a bit since it has a dex mod, but magic attack is going to be the biggest factor. I haven't played with it much personally, but skimming through the atma list quick, I would guess Gales, Ultimate, and Baying Moon would be your best bet (unless you by some off chance have Hell's Guardian).
---
"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man two fish, and he'll eat for two days."

You forgot Atma of the Beyond! That's also a good one if you can't get Ultimate.

#10Thalandor46Posted 8/12/2011 8:47:09 AM
Because AE is wind based, Beyond has the same MAB as Baying Moon. I figured the extra attack from Baying Moon would be a better choice for THF. And I could only pick 3! :P
---